Cole Beasley announces he will not be following Covid protocols, willing to retire

Process

There is a protocol thread where Cole is being discussed but he probably deserves his own thread at this point. 

Im getting pretty dang close to rooting for the Bills to cut him. I was already thinking he's a candidate to get cut next off-season, might as well just do it now and let some of the young guys get some playing time. 

He makes it very clear he is not going to follow any protocols, which means he will spend the season getting fined and suspended. If he's not going to be available to play, why deal with the distraction?

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 10
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 14

If he's just talking about not following the restrictions outside the team facilities, going out meeting with family and what not if that being restricted is still a thing, then I don't really care, it's not restricted for just about anyone else I don't think, but if he's not going to follow the restrictions within the facilities then this is awfully hypocritical forcing his decision on everyone else around him there.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

Regardless of where you stand on the subject - one of our stars outwardly saying he will not abide by the rules of the league is a huge issue. We're now facing, at best, a season where Cole will be fined and suspended on the regular. Think we seriously need to prepare for a season without him, at this point. 

EDIT: And by "a season without him", I'm not implying we should cut him. I'm simply stating that habitually disregarding NFL rules will lead to him being suspended habitually.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

I don’t agree that he should be cut but I also don’t think Beane CAN cut him due to the issues he had with his interview awhile back about whether he would cut an unvaccinated player. That would be a much bigger PR nightmare than whatever Beasley is doing on his own.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Regardless of where you stand on the subject - one of our stars outwardly saying he will not abide by the rules of the league is a huge issue. We're now facing, at best, a season where Cole will be fined and suspended on the regular. Think we seriously need to prepare for a season without him, at this point. 

I think only 2 teams have met the 85% threshold...  Cole won’t be alone. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t agree that he should be cut but I also don’t think Beane CAN cut him due to the issues he had with his interview awhile back about whether he would cut an unvaccinated player. That would be a much bigger PR nightmare than whether Beasley is doing on his own.

Not for being unvaccinated but for ignoring protocols he'd probably be fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

Just now, SCBills said:

I think only 2 teams have met the 85% threshold...  Cole won’t be alone. 

It's not a matter of getting vaxed or not. It's a matter of Cole saying "I won't abide by the regulations put in place by the league". And he IS alone in saying that so far. It's one thing to not get vaxed. It's another to not get vaxed and then publicly say he won't follow the rules that state you'll be fined and suspended for not following.

• Like (+1) 18
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t agree that he should be cut but I also don’t think Beane CAN cut him due to the issues he had with his interview awhile back about whether he would cut an unvaccinated player. That would be a much bigger PR nightmare than whatever Beasley is doing on his own.

"We respect each player's decision on the vaccination is their own, and while we continue to educate our players and hope they decide to get the vaccine, we know we have a number of players who will not, and are totally fine with that as they are still on the team. However, we also made a decision as a team to not speak out about it or let it become a distraction, and Cole was unable to follow that. Nor would he agree to follow the protocols agreed to by the NFL and NFLPA. We provided him plenty of ways and opportunities to contact his union reps and work with the NFLPA, but he was unwilling to do so. So we made the decision to move on since we are trying to stay unified as a team, and move forward into a re-opened 2021."

-Brandon Beane

Boom, cut.

But if he's willing to retire over it all, than problem solved.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 5
  • Sad 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is publicly stating that he will be completely disregarding covid protocols. Meaning he will likely be spending the whole season getting fined/suspended, while being a huge distraction to the team.

I don't see any reason to keep him if that's the case, and I can't see the Bills having any issues. 

If you don't want to spend 5 minutes getting a vaccine, follow protocols. If you refuse to follow protocols then get lost. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's not a matter of getting vaxed or not. It's a matter of Cole saying "I won't abide by the regulations put in place by the league". And he IS alone in saying that so far. It's one thing to not get vaxed. It's another to not get vaxed and then publicly say he won't follow the rules that state you'll be fined and suspended for not following.

Why should anyone go along with the BS rules anymore?

If people had any self-respect at all they would simply stop complying with this crap. 

• Like (+1) 25
  • Vomit 7
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 9
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 8