EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

10 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I respect your opinion on what you'd prefer to have. But what the Bills team is NOW shouldn't play into this decision, at all, IMO. The team won't be the same in 2025-2026. And what about the team in 2030?  Building a stadium with the current team in mind is a fool's errand, IMO.

I think it's more about where the league is headed  - pass and QB friendly.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

I think it's more about where the league is headed  - pass and QB friendly.  

Rules change. The  league ebbs and flows.

• Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

It should have a roof similar to what the Vikes have.  A retractable roof is a waste of money because they rarely get used.  The elements don't help the Bills anymore as they are a passing team first now.  It would also get more people to the stadium in cold weather and probably attract more players.

The Minnesota Vikings stadium seems ideal as long as it can sustain WNY winter which is different than Minnesota's.

Minneapolis is colder but gets less snow (54.0 in) on average than Buffalo (89.2 in) which has less than Orchard Park.

in November 2014 seven feet of snow fell in Buffalo Southtowns.

Reported snow totals from both rounds of lake-effect snow was 71 inches in Orchard Park between Nov. 17 and Nov. 21, 2014.

14 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Rules change. The  league ebbs and flows.

Don't disagree and no it shouldn't be THE reason but it should be considered.

Bad weather when the team is bad and you have expensive seats, you won't want to be outside in late December should be a factor.   

It's not just the snow tho.  Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, all manage.  It's just the freaking wind.  If they can get a design to mitigate that then fine I'd love to see it.  

Can they design it in a way to minimize winds? 

Honestly, I’d prefer a dome, but if we aren’t going that route.. can we address that?   

The snow games are few and far between.  

It’s the wind that’s an issue, and i was beyond sick hearing about it for what seemed like every home game this past year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Terrible, decades long missed opportunity to make it a dome and downtown (if that was possible)

real mature, lets keep this message board civil by attacking people who don't agree with you.

You really offended by that? Wow. 

47 minutes ago, The Dean said:

You do realize the Bills will be playing in OP until the new stadium is open, right? Is Erie County going to simply refuse to take the Bills' money until the stadium is ready? That's just crazy. This is just a negotiating ploy, and something that says "We have options". Everyone needs to unbunch their panties. 

100% Message to Poloncarz. Get off the cocaine and covid trip and pay attention Mark.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Honestly, I’d prefer a dome, but if we aren’t going that route.. can we address that?   

It’s the wind that’s an issue, and i was beyond sick hearing about it for what seemed like every home game this past year. 

I'd like to think they know that. I certainly hope so. 

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Allen’s numbers in a dome were better than in open air.  Give our QB every advantage he can get 

This is what I was talking about. Building a stadium for the strengths of the current team/QB, who may or may not even be with the team when it's opened is preposterous. At best, how many years is Allen going to be with the Bills? Because the stadium will still be here long after he is no longer the QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

New Stadiums rarely have enough financial impact to justify the costs even if their financial impact is considerable. Even less so, if you look at other programs for economic enrichment. 

As someone who lives out of state and doesn't make it up for home games often, I'm all for spending your tax dollars to give the Bills any competitive advantage a new stadium would offer to the team.

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

So where's the rendering?

Reports say "partially covered" which implies they have a design concept selected.

Mother Nature is laughing at partially covered. I've been at games with sideways freezing rain. 

Or is the covering for the intense sun we have in Orchard Park. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

There is no need for the Bills to play anywhere else while the new stadium is built, unless it's on the same site as Rich/Ralph/whatsis.  Any talk of playing somewhere else would be devastating, effectively giving up homefield advantage.  Doesn't anyone remember the Bills playing in that sterile, silent stadium in Toronto?

Just now, Utah John said:

There is no need for the Bills to play anywhere else while the new stadium is built, unless it's on the same site as Rich/Ralph/whatsis.  Any talk of playing somewhere else would be devastating, effectively giving up homefield advantage.  Doesn't anyone remember the Bills playing in that sterile, silent stadium in Toronto?

It's not going to happen. 

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’m agreeing with you.  God help me.  If you can keep the fans shielded from the rain/snow/sunlight along with the game being less impacted by the wind then an outdoor stadium would work.  

They’ll still have a harder time attracting fee agents and wouldn’t generate the yearly revenue a dome would produce.  However, it’s better than what we have now.

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

I'd like to think they know that. I certainly hope so. 

This is what I was talking about. Building a stadium for the strengths of the current team/QB, who may or may not even be with the team when it's opened is preposterous. At best, how many years is Allen going to be with the Bills? Because the stadium will still be here long after he is no longer the QB. 

Unless global warming really picks up the pace the weather will still be here.  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1