EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

8 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Perfect!  Fiscally responsible, will be awesome if the stadium is oriented the correct direction this time for wind blocking, to avoid crazy wind games like they ravens last year. They had to reorient the Ralph when they dug up a cemetery. 

Not sure there is a correct direction for every game.  ?? 

Part of the charm of “Rich Stadium” was the wind and it is a real advantage if the home team gets the right kickers and learns how to play there.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

I don’t any possibility of playing  in Toronto or at Penn State.  

Seems very Pegulish, even ridiculous, to mention Penn State, when all they have to do extend the lease until the new facility is built.  

Possible OP may need to be demolished or services compromised for new stadium. 

• Like (+1) 2

Terrible, decades long missed opportunity to make it a dome and downtown (if that was possible)

37 minutes ago, QCity said:

Outdoor, yeah! Stuff it, dome-lovers!

real mature, lets keep this message board civil by attacking people who don't agree with you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 3

28 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I don’t like any possibility of playing  in Toronto or at Penn State.  

Seems very Pegulish, even ridiculous, to mention Penn State, when all they have to do extend the lease until the new facility is built.  

Playing  games away from Buffalo would make the franchise seem very bush league imo. It’s just not something NFL teams do while building a new stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

50 minutes ago, QCity said:

Outdoor, yeah! Stuff it, dome-lovers!

Stuff it? So now they're going to spend a billion dollars on something no one needs. At least a dome made logical sense. 

Logic doesn't always matter to people though. 

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Playing  games away from Buffalo would make the franchise seem very bush league imo. It’s just not something NFL teams do while building a new stadium. 

There's not many options. But ultimately they will extend the lease if needed. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 2

It should have a roof similar to what the Vikes have.  A retractable roof is a waste of money because they rarely get used.  The elements don't help the Bills anymore as they are a passing team first now.  It would also get more people to the stadium in cold weather and probably attract more players.

• Like (+1) 6

55 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I don’t like any possibility of playing  in Toronto or at Penn State.  

If the new facility is on the same site, or even in one of the parking lots, which I suspect it will be, they will need to find a home for a couple years.

Heck, play the games at UB. Only 25 thousand seats as of now but maybe they could expand that stadium by 10 to 20 thousand before the move needs to be made.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Perfect!  Fiscally responsible, will be awesome if the stadium is oriented the correct direction this time for wind blocking, to avoid crazy wind games like they ravens last year. They had to reorient the Ralph when they dug up a cemetery. 

Can do that with a dome....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

It should have a roof similar to what the Vikes have.  A retractable roof is a waste of money because they rarely get used.  The elements don't help the Bills anymore as they are a passing team first now.  It would also get more people to the stadium in cold weather and probably attract more players.

I respect your opinion on what you'd prefer to have. But what the Bills team is NOW shouldn't play into this decision, at all, IMO. The team won't be the same in 2025-2026. And what about the team in 2030?  Building a stadium with the current team in mind is a fool's errand, IMO.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I'd rather deal with ub and their terrible stadium and traffic in and out 

You do realize the Bills will be playing in OP until the new stadium is open, right? Is Erie County going to simply refuse to take the Bills' money until the stadium is ready? That's just crazy. This is just a negotiating ploy, and something that says "We have options". Everyone needs to unbunch their panties. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I respect your opinion on what you'd prefer to have. But what the Bills team is NOW shouldn't play into this decision, at all, IMO. The team won't be the same in 2025-2026. And what about the team in 2030?  Building a stadium with the current team in mind is a fool's errand, IMO.

It's a passing league now/for the foreseeable future, Dean.  If the time comes (again) when the Bills don't have a franchise QB, the elements won't make much of a difference, again not that they really have anyway.  I think that the Colts game in 2017 and the Ravens playoff game were a lot closer than they should have been because of the elements.  And having a dome allows it to be used for other things all year round.

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1