EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

The ask is ridiculous, but you’re blowing the amount of money involved way out of proportion. 

Even if the starting number was say, 1 billion, and it is all tax payer funded, then in my opinion, it is still unwise. Look no further than Detroit, lots of shiny stadiums/arenas/ballparks through the years bought mostly with tax payers money yet the city may be the largest dump city in the country.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Please moderator end this fake news bull#### of a thread 

Yeah, even though something is a big story, and something a A LOT of people want to talk about and give their opinion about....lets ask the mods to end the thread because someone doesn't want it to continue.   THAT is what message forums are all about. lol

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I get your sentiment, but have you looked at what your tax dollars go to?

A football stadium for a team people care about would probably rank in the top ten of positive things taxpayers help fund.  

I just can’t work up the moral outrage over this.  I’d rather the devil I know (PGSE) get rich off my tax dollars than the devil I don’t…. Or should I say “along with the devil I don’t”.  

When his whole schtick was how he could just sell another well? Can't really expect the same guy who raped PA to change here. If they don't care about using illegal chemicals in their drilling operations, do you think he cares about taking the team away from Buffalo? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

When his whole schtick was how he could just sell another well? Can't really expect the same guy who raped PA to change here. If they don't care about using illegal chemicals in their drilling operations, do you think he cares about taking the team away from Buffalo? 

Yes, I actually do.  At least I think Kim does. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm not saying anything you bring up is false, but the fact this news is out there is already a PR disaster for the Bills.  You don't bring up relocating the team as a possibility in any way if it can even have a slight chance of going public this early in negotiations.....in light of all that is going on with the Sabres and the Bills just turning the corner after a couple of bad decades.

Given the optimism for the coming season it's hard to believe that anything other than cutting Josh Allen would be a "PR disaster for the Bills".  They pretty much own the City and the fans right now.

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Yeah, even though something is a big story, and something a A LOT of people want to talk about and give their opinion about....lets ask the mods to end the thread because someone doesn't want it to continue.   THAT is what message forums are all about. lol

We’re talking about bull#### lol. First an article comes out that the Pegulas are getting ready to build a new outdoor stadium in orchard park but now it’s well Pegula wants 100 percent of taxpayer money and even though they haven’t threatened to leave but there’s rumor of Austin Texas being a viable spot lol. It’s all bull#### and you guys are gullible enough to believe this nonsense

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

We’re talking about bull#### lol. First an article comes out that the Pegulas are getting ready to build a new outdoor stadium in orchard park but now it’s well Pegula wants 100 percent of taxpayer money and even though they haven’t threatened to leave but there’s rumor of Austin Texas being a viable spot lol. It’s all bull#### and you guys are gullible enough to believe this nonsense

You just don't get it.  It DOESN'T matter that is or isn't true if it is out there. Blame someone for leaking it. Blame the media for reporting a false rumor or a true fact. It doesn't matter. It IS OUT THERE, so it is a discussion point...people want to talk about it.  Because you personally KNOW (somehow) that it isn't true doesn't just mean you should be the authority on this thread being closed down because you know so much that no-one else does.

On 6/18/2021 at 1:33 PM, jeremy2020 said:

He's joking as the greater Buffalo area is not one of the more affluent areas of the country.

It is improving...Buffalo is becoming a pretty big secondary tech hub with a lot of companies relocating their tech/IT centers here...the movement is picking up pace and those are very well paying jobs(software engineers/IT/Tech, etc).  It is moving in the right direction.

Edited by Big Turk

37 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Not sure what them being "great" owners means.  They are the owners, can do what they want with both teams.  But moving a team makes almost no sense with the cash cow that they have in WNY.

Again, I think this is a stupid bluff that I’m upset they made. 

But you had mentioned something along the lines of, “you’d have to be stupid”. And I basically responded with, they can be very stupid owners. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Mango said:

Again, I think this is a stupid bluff that I’m upset they made. 

But you had mentioned something along the lines of, “you’d have to be stupid”. And I basically responded with, they can be very stupid owners. 

I'm sure everyone is upset about the bluff (assuming it's true).

Regarding the stupid part, they might be stupid owners, but not stupid business people.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

It’s 99% unlikely to happen, but I’ll be honest… this report just drained me of all my excitement for the upcoming season.   

Im sure my excitement will return, and I’m sure some clarifications on the story will come out as the season comes closer, but what a kick in the d**k story to read today. 

Even worse is all the pot stirring from sports outlets like PFT. 

It would be nice if the Pegula's issued a statement refuting this garbage rumor 👍

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yes, I actually do.  At least I think Kim does. 

I don't think either of them care.  They are pretty ruthless business people, from refusing to pay employees during the pandemic until pressured, to refusing to hold 3 killed soldiers' memorial in Rochester.  Seems like only $$ for them.   I get it,  but it still hurts

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Agree 2

41 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Not sure what them being "great" owners means.  They are the owners, can do what they want with both teams.  But moving a team makes almost no sense with the cash cow that they have in WNY.

They won't move the team.  I'm all but sure of that, but it makes a ton of sense financially, especially if said city is going to foot the entire bill for the stadium.  The value of the Bills would undoubtedly increase in a larger market like Austin, for example.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Regarding the stupid part, they might be stupid owners, but not stupid business people.

Yes, with fracking, and it made them

a fortune. It shows very astute business sense, and they clearly have accomplished a lot. However, many of their other businesses endeavors have actually been a bit rocky, and filled with mismanagement and PR disasters.  

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I get your sentiment, but have you looked at what your tax dollars go to?

A football stadium for a team people care about would probably rank in the top ten of positive things taxpayers help fund.  

I just can’t work up the moral outrage over this.  I’d rather the devil I know (PGSE) get rich off my tax dollars than the devil I don’t…. Or should I say “along with the devil I don’t”.  

You absolutely bring up a good point in that there is money being wasted all over the place.  Nonetheless, when I see such a fiasco in broad daylight, it irritates me. LOL

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Is this the wrong time to bring up the fact that Austin is a great town?

The music and the food alone will knock your socks off.

hah, I've spent most of my time since I moved here 13 years ago trying to find places with "buffalo food". 

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The Pegula’s are a tweet away from dispelling all of this. There’s no way they don’t know about it at this point.  

From people who were partners with TP well before he bought the Sabres, your second sentence isn’t necessarily correct. But it’s not wrong. Terry is an engineer first. I’ll leave it at that.