EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

17 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It will probably come in around 55/45 public/private split. The big contribution from the county will be ECC South land.  But it has to get done fast in case Cuomo gets in trouble next election cycle.  The Bills want it done ASAP for a reason. 

Yes. Governor India Walton.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This leak hurts because there is no messaging around it from the team. It's possible the intent is to support the fans so there are no PSLs, recognizing that 30-35% of State revenues come straight from Wall Street.

Edited by wakingfane

Newsflash: Buildings are expensive! 

And nobody with any common sense builds a building that gets used only ten times a year. So, if you’re looking to apply common/business sense to something like an NFL Stadium you’re kidding yourself. It’s one of modern society’s luxury items.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

That’s because it’s negotiations 101.  For example in my business when selling medical capital equipment in a hospital you always start at list price, and a five year warranty for proprietary technology to repair, and then they low ball you, act like they don’t even want it, you get you’re choice champions involved, director of or, etc. and then you always end up where no one is really happy. 

How much do you want to be in the end there will be concessions on both sides and PSE will pay a portion of the costs.  I’ll agree on an earlier point though that a stadium is a luxury item.

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

It will probably come in around 55/45 public/private split. The big contribution from the county will be ECC South land.  But it has to get done fast in case Cuomo gets in trouble next election cycle.  The Bills want it done ASAP for a reason. 

I think more like 70/30 but there’s no doubt that taxpayers will be paying something.  

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

1.5b is a nutty number.  Here's how it shakes out.  The price comes down, the county donates/remediates ECC south, the state ponies up bonding funds and infrastructure improvements (keeping the Skyway, maybe a rail spur to the stadium if track rights can be negotiated, etc., perhaps dipping into available federal monies dedicated to infrastructure), the NFL G-4 program plays a role (hence the hiring of the Jerry Jones group to bring in suite money from Toronto and basically anywhere else within a few hours' time of the stadium, be it by land, rail, or air), and the Pegulas kick in an amount that easily could be funded by the sale of the Sabres in a 1031 transaction.  (Before anyone disputes the availability of 1031, imagine Senate Majority Leader Schumer calling his friends at the IRS prior to responding.)  The Sabres become somebody else's problem, the stadium is done, and away we go.  

It's an opener.  Everyone needs to chill.  

More like Tish James and a far left Assembly and Senate, but you get the point. 

That's one of the possibilities.  Another way to do it would be to have the state handle the bonding and the Bills pay the interest.  

Why would they sell the Sabres when almost 25% of the money that the Pegula’s are proposing is going to renovate the Sabres arena?

Just now, BTB said:

Why would they sell the Sabres when almost 25% of the money that the Pegula’s are proposing is going to renovate the Sabres arena?

Again, it's a negotiation.  Stake an extreme position to start, then walk it back, and everyone feels like they get something.  It's the perfect chance for the Pegulas to exit the Sabres at a massive, tax-free profit (assuming someone is dumb enough to pay for that franchise).

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

More like Tish James and a far left Assembly and Senate, but you get the point. 

I do indeed.

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Again, it's a negotiation.  Stake an extreme position to start, then walk it back, and everyone feels like they get something.  It's the perfect chance for the Pegulas to exit the Sabres at a massive, tax-free profit (assuming someone is dumb enough to pay for that franchise).

I would argue the Sabres are the Bills in 2016. They finally have the right crew in charge.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I do indeed.

I would argue the Sabres are the Bills in 2016. They finally have the right crew in charge.

Maybe on the Sabres.  But cash is cash.  It might be a way to help get a stadium with no cash out of pocket and the loss only of a business that is a headache and a money pit.  

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I do indeed.

WAAAAAY to early to tell! Many folks have been saying that the past dozen years.

• Agree 1