EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

6 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

God bless Terry Pegula. I feel glad knowing that the Bills will never leave Buffalo in my lifetime.

Yup for sure. Few years back I remember many of us fans, if not all of us were at least a little worried because it became a possibility Bills could get moved. I recall being in denial about it lol. But little piece of me knew that if the wrong person bought the team, it was very likely itwould happen. Also with other potential buyer (who we all are well aware of for obvious reasons) there was a chance there also. Even though at that time he saidhe wasn't moving the team.....LOL I knew damn well he was more likely lying than not.

Next thing you know, Pegulas bust out with a big ol f**k you to both of em and made sure it didn't happen. The stars aligned for us back then and although I didn't know much about them then ( didn't even know they owned Sabres, I never liked hockey and out of state) but I really trusted them when they said Bills will always be in Buffalo. Especially the amount they offered that was so much more that other 2 just dropped out lol.

I actually was surprised at how much they paid for the franchise myself. I got a chuckle though when the other 2 complained and keep saying they paid wayyyy too much (especially that one guy) LOL.

Bon Jovi was never gona be the one to own this team anyway. I for sure felt confident about that, but also knew crazy things happen. Was little more concerned about Trump ( yeah ***** it, I will say his name, also it's not political for me to say I have NEVER liked him since long, long ago)...anyways, glad it worked the way it did

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yup for sure. Few years back I remember many of us fans, if not all of us were at least a little worried because it became a possibility Bills could get moved. I recall being in denial about it lol. But little piece of me knew that if the wrong person bought the team, it was very likely itwould happen. Also with other potential buyer (who we all are well aware of for obvious reasons) there was a chance there also. Even though at that time he saidhe wasn't moving the team.....LOL I knew damn well he was more likely lying than not.

Next thing you know, Pegulas bust out with a big ol f**k you to both of em and made sure it didn't happen. The stars aligned for us back then and although I didn't know much about them then ( didn't even know they owned Sabres, I never liked hockey and out of state) but I really trusted them when they said Bills will always be in Buffalo. Especially the amount they offered that was so much more that other 2 just dropped out lol.

I actually was surprised at how much they paid for the franchise myself. I got a chuckle though when the other 2 complained and keep saying they paid wayyyy too much (especially that one guy) LOL.

Bon Jovi was never gona be the one to own this team anyway. I for sure felt confident about that, but also knew crazy things happen. Was little more concerned about Trump ( yeah ***** it, I will say his name, also it's not political for me to say I have NEVER liked him since long, long ago)...anyways, glad it worked the way it did

KIm and Terry made a fantastic purchase/investment @ $1.4 billion in 2014.  August last year the team estimated value was around $2.15 billion and will only keep climbing up.  

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-estimated-to-be-valued-at-2-15-billion-according-to-new-study/article_07a25ec0-e7b8-11ea-bed8-d35843c37dd0.html

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

KIm and Terry made a fantastic purchase/investment @ $1.4 billion in 2014.  August last year the team estimated value was around $2.15 billion and will only keep climbing up.  

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-estimated-to-be-valued-at-2-15-billion-according-to-new-study/article_07a25ec0-e7b8-11ea-bed8-d35843c37dd0.html

ok, yeah I was more going off what I remember Trump saying that Pegula over paid a lot... but I must have been mistaken about the numbers then because I thought at the time back then they did pay a good amount more than what team was estimated at... August last year I get and agree will continue to go up. I was more talking about back then when it was going on.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

ok, yeah I was more going off what I remember Trump saying that Pegula over paid a lot... but I must have been mistaken about the numbers then because I thought at the time back then they did pay a good amount more than what team was estimated at... August last year I get and agree will continue to go up. I was more talking about back then when it was going on.

Nahh, you are correct on your statement. I think the team was valued just around $1 billion. your post just got me to start looking up numbers and amazed they are already up 700 mill.  I wonder how much the Bills value will go up with a new stadium?

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Real McNasty said:

Nahh, you are correct on your statement. I think the team was valued just around $1 billion. yout post just got me to start looking up numbers and amazed they are already up 700 mill. 

Got ya....yeah I didn't feel like looking up the actual numbers because it's not important enough to me lol. I remembered enough to where I didn't have to for the most part lol.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I think it was all but determined that Ted Rogers was going to buy the Bills and they would relocate to Toronto once Ralph Wilson passed away. 

We ended up getting 'fortunate' at a couple junctures there, first with Rogers' passing and his family not being in lockstep (nor sharing his eagerness for the NFL).  The pricing model in Toronto and the general irrelevance of the Bills also hurt the optics of Toronto's appetite for NFL football.  

Then you had Ralph Wilson live long enough to need to renew the lease and upgrade the Stadium, which came with getting a nice amount of public money, which accompanied the NRA.  Pretty short by NRA/lease standards, but Mr Wilson passed away near the beginning, before the paint was dry on the renovations, which was a far point from the end of the NRA which came with a pretty harsh buyout (along with the relocation fee, purchase price, and a new facility).  

At the same time, you had the emergence of Terry Pegula, who cashed out several billion dollars and really was/is passionate about sports, and just happened to invest heavily in the sports landscape here.  

It was a perfect storm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

There's nothing wrong with the current stadium. I am constantly amazed that pro franchise owners get away with this charade again and again. How many more schools will be defunded to accomodate this farce?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

There's nothing wrong with the current stadium. I am constantly amazed that pro franchise owners get away with this charade again and again. How many more schools will be defunded to accomodate this farce?

Wait until people see the cost of season tickets, individual game tickets, and PSL fees at the new stadium. Enjoy the current stadium for as long as you can.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2021 at 11:02 AM, dma0034 said:

Open stadium is terrible. I personally will never own season tickets unless the stadium is domed. Too many bad winter games below freezing.

Simply not true (at least the past few years). :beer: 

19 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Yeah it’s pretty much the spiciest stadium take after “dome will allow us to host a Super Bowl!!1!”.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Heitz said:

In recent years I can only remember two games where snow played a factor. The Colts game in a snowstorm and the game against the Jets where they played a "home game" at Detroit because of a major snow storm. After that I got nothing. Even last season's playoff games at home the weather was fine.

Edited by Greg S
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Heitz said:

The last couple years doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've definitely gone to some terrible games in December when the Bills were in the drought and that's exactly when I stopped being a season ticket holder

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

In recent years I can only remember two games where snow played a factor. The Colts game in a snowstorm and the game against the Jets where they played a "home game" at Detroit because of a major snow storm. After that I got nothing. Even last season's playoff games at home the weather was fine.

And that Colts game was wicked exciting.

On 7/5/2021 at 5:23 PM, Real McNasty said:

Bon Jovi and Trump are still pissed.

Bon Jovi GIF by NBC

• Like (+1) 1

The open stadium debate has no bearing on bills games. Those will pack the place in good weather or bad if the team is good, and likely even when we are bad,  and im sure there will be nice box suite stuff for high rollers. 

It effects more the profitability of the stadium after the bills season from jan-april/may for conventions concerts and events and the year round traffic to new business that service the stadium. 

I know some people talked about outdoor stadiums that have big indoor venues built within them or attached. I think this is a great idea.