EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

42 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

it’s alright, Bills fans are rolling in the dough

Judging by the way they travel to away games, I agree 

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So do all the other stores within a few miles of the stadium only sell stuff during those 8-10 games in a season?

I think too there will be other games held there… think College bowl games, neutral site college games etc., if there is a roof. Plus concerts etc. Jerry world is used a lot outside of just cowboys games, as an example 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

The only way a new stadium is worth it is if it's built downtown and gets a ton of major concerts and events year round. Enjoy the relatively inexpensive tickets while you can. We will pay for the new stadium with increased ticket and concession costs, personal seat licenses, and higher taxes.

However, I think it would do wonders for Buffalo's economy and the shops and restaurants within a few miles of the stadium would thrive. Finding a parcel of land that large near downtown that also has the proper infrastructure is no easy task. With the cost of land reaching a peak right now, they may have to wait a few years for the housing market to die down or risk getting into a bidding war.

Maybe the land has already been purchased over the past few years? The time to buy is BEFORE You start talking about building a stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe the land has already been purchased over the past few years? The time to buy is BEFORE You start talking about building a stadium.

Yeah I’m pretty sure they are well past that point … seems like we heard about them buying up land downtown years ago that was rumored to be earmarked for a stadium 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

it’s alright, Bills fans are rolling in the dough

It's not like there aren't fans who can afford $200 tickets to see the Yankees at Sahlen Field. That's just what belonging to "the club" costs. There's always UB games for $20 up in Amherst.

42 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

PSL Stadium had the Jets go from having a waiting list for season tickets to advertising that tickets are for sale

Sucking will do that.

• Like (+1) 1

I love the economy impact studies of Stadiums.  Yes, what new stadium brings in doesnt equate to a net positive for the economy monetarily.  However, what is the impact of losing a franchise on the ecomony.  That is net difference that we are talking about.  Buffalo without the Bills or paying more to keep them with an enhanced watching experiance inside the stadium.

37 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If they require a PSL for tickets, I'm out. I love having seasons, but I had a hard time justifying the cost this year. Not sure I could afford a PSL situation 

Yes the idea of PSL's suck. But in a way it's like a user fee. Why shouldn't people who go to Bills games share some of the cost of building the stadium? Financing will likely be a mix of private and public money. And PSL's can usually be spread over years.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes the idea of PSL's suck. But in a way it's like a user fee. Why shouldn't people who go to Bills games share some of the cost of building the stadium? Financing will likely be a mix of private and public money. And PSL's can usually be spread over years.

We do tho . Our taxpayer money goes to it

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

We do tho . Our taxpayer money goes to it

True. But a PSL gives you a slightly larger stake. I think the idea here is to lower the public portion as much as possible. The Pegulas will pay, as will Legends or Delaware North. (Whoever gets concessions.) The NFL with their Stadium Loan Fund, Fans with PSL's, state and local governments. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I wonder what the psl market in buffalo would look like? 

$1000? I might pony to own the seat... 5k? I don't think so

If it's $1000 or even $2000, I'd buy a couple. For $5000, I'll buy a bigger TV.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I wonder what the psl market in buffalo would look like? 

$1000? I might pony to own the seat... 5k? I don't think so

I'll bet they will be lower overall. A couple grand on average. Maybe some seats with no PSL. But you can bet part of the process is knowing who your market is.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Those stadiums are amazing.  However, I worry about losing the personality of the Bills fans 

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are perfect examples of stadiums that I could nap in during overtime 

Have you met bills fans? We aren't going anywhere

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 2