EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

7 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

PSL Stadium had the Jets go from having a waiting list for season tickets to advertising that tickets are for sale

Yes. I hear the advertisements on radio and TV commercials all the time when football season gets closer. My PSL fee is one of the cheaper ones. Its $5000 per seat. I have two tickets and I am paying it over 10 years. Of course the Jets are charging me interest since I didn't pay it one shot.  

Edited by Greg S

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Yes. I hear the advertisements on radio and TV commercials all the time when football season gets closer. My PSL fee is one of the cheaper ones. Its $5000 per seat. I have two tickets and I am paying it over 10 years. Of course the Jets are charging me interest since I didn't pay it one shot.  

Roger Goodel said PSL's are good investments lol

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Change is inevitable.  Let's hope it doesn't price the average Bills fan out of game attendance or destroy the game day atmosphere.

Agreed.  But then again, with Jones' fingers in the mix, there will be 'glory holes'. 😳

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He's joking as the greater Buffalo area is not one of the more affluent areas of the country.

I should have picked up on that. I have been to Bills games and I know the area is a hard working blue collar community. It will be interesting to see what the Pegula's charge for the Buffalo market. I doubt it will be what we pay in NJ since we have NYC's corporate support the teams can count on.

People are really jumping to incredible assumptions with this post.

I am waiting for the inevitable post about how wonderful a Super Bowl would be in Buffalo.

ANY fool can go and hire a consultant, makes total sense what the Pegulas are doing, spend a million get some consultant in and if nothing else get your fan base excited over a POSSIBLE new stadium.

I would say the odds of a new stadium for the Bills in the next 5 years have gone from 0.5% to 5% with the hiring of these consultants.  These consultants are going to survey potential sponsors, any consultant can do that.  Are they magically going to revitalize WNY economically and  find find sponsors for a new stadium?  How long did it take to get a sponsor just to name the current one.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Those stadiums are amazing.  However, I worry about losing the personality of the Bills fans 

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are perfect examples of stadiums that I could nap in during overtime 

Virgil you are spot on.

I have been to several games at Jerry's world...yes nice seats great food, pelntiful bars & restrooms BUT it totally lacks the ambience of the Bills stadium.  It is so large it is like almost being outside, you can barely hear the crowd and I end watching most of the game on the massive overhead TVs.  I think most Bills fans  such as myself would hate and impersonal stadium such as that.  Complain all you want about the current stadium but it is near perfect imo for the Bills, a great reflection of our history and culture.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Virgil you are spot on.

I have been to several games at Jerry's world...yes nice seats great food, pelntiful bars & restrooms BUT it totally lacks the ambience of the Bills stadium.  It is so large it is like almost being outside, you can barely hear the crowd and I end watching most of the game on the massive overhead TVs.  I think most Bills fans  such as myself would hate and impersonal stadium such as that.  Complain all you want about the current stadium but it is near perfect imo for the Bills, a great reflection of our history and culture.

I guess the thing for fans like yourself to do might be, to write to the Pegulas and express these sentiments that you hope any new stadium will reflect the Bills stadium character and the Buffalo area, and not become impersonal "Jerry World"?

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Virgil you are spot on.

I mean if you're building a new stadium you should definitely make sure to have the acoustics down right to get the most out of a homefield advantage.

40 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

The only way a new stadium is worth it is if it's built downtown and gets a ton of major concerts and events year round. Enjoy the relatively inexpensive tickets while you can. We will pay for the new stadium with increased ticket and concession costs, personal seat licenses, and higher taxes.

However, I think it would do wonders for Buffalo's economy and the shops and restaurants within a few miles of the stadium would thrive. Finding a parcel of land that large near downtown that also has the proper infrastructure is no easy task. With the cost of land reaching a peak right now, they may have to wait a few years for the housing market to die down or risk getting into a bidding war.

There have been many studies done that show new stadiums unfortunately do nothing for a cities economy 

It's just a talking point to get taxpayers on board

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Virgil you are spot on.

Especially since Buffalo is known for their tailgating. Having restaurants, bars, and shops inside the stadium isn't needed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Yes like raised ticket prices and PSL fees.  I went thru this going from Giants Stadium to MetLife. At Giants Stadium everything cost me $1700. At MetLife its $3700. Nice things indeed. Enjoy the current stadium for as long as you can. New stadiums aren't worth the cost IMHO.

I agree but the NFL is a business and they are looking to soak money out of whatever sources they can extract it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1