EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

14 hours ago, beerme1 said:

As a former club seat ticket holder I can tell you this is not BS. Nobody makes the parts. That means when your seat heater element wears out, they don't replace it.

I can also tell you from experience that they don't cover exposed electrical components upon wearing out.  My posterior was toasty but I also received an ridiculous amount of shocks that got me to jump up out of my seat!

And that was the only time I was in those nice seats....

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, nkreed said:

I can also tell you from experience that they don't cover exposed electrical components upon wearing out.  My posterior was toasty but I also received an ridiculous amount of shocks that got me to jump up out of my seat!

Where are these self heated club seats?

I am a current club seat holder and heat for my seats comes from above.

20 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Watch out Bills fans. 15 dollar pizza is coming in the new stadium

Fans said it was terrible 

That piece doesnt actually look that bad. Which probably says more about my current pizza availability situation than anything else...

However, I'm hoping the Bills follow the Falcons lead with their Refreshments Policy that has been HUGELY successful and copied by a couple other teams since this article was published.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-25/atlanta-falcons-broke-the-rules-of-stadium-food-and-it-paid-off

When the Atlanta Falcons announced the food prices at their new $1.5 billion stadium -- $2 hot dogs and sodas, $3 nachos, $5 beer -- fans loved it, and people in other cities started pushing their local ownership groups to follow suit.

Fan%20First%20Menu%20Pricing%20for%20ALS

MBS%20Food%20and%20Beverage%20Infographi

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That piece doesnt actually look that bad. Which probably says more about my current pizza availability situation than anything else...

However, I'm hoping the Bills follow the Falcons lead with their Refreshments Policy that has been HUGELY successful and copied by a couple other teams since this article was published.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-25/atlanta-falcons-broke-the-rules-of-stadium-food-and-it-paid-off

I would bet the house the Bills don’t go down this road(even though they absolutely should).  The excuse will be that even though concession prices are through the roof, ticket prices are lower blah blah blah...

51 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, stadiums out-price themselves.

It's like the rides at the zoo near my house. $10 for one ride around a dinky kids roller coaster. No surprise that we never see anyone on their rides. Cut that price in half and they'd probably increase their profits 500%+.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

It is B.S. A heating element, is a simple electrical item. It's NiChrome wire, like the element, in your toaster. They simply didn't want to spend the money.

Replace the seat, if they must, but to say parts are NLA, is a heapin' helpin'....

I bet that I could fix a broken heater, myself...

Still on this jag? Why don't you call the Bills and offer to fix those seats for them. Sight unseen, you obviously know how to do it and for a lot less. Of course you can't leave any exposed wiring after you're done.

Homw-One-electrical.png

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BTB said:

I would bet the house the Bills don’t go down this road(even though they absolutely should).  The excuse will be that even though concession prices are through the roof, ticket prices are lower blah blah blah...

I don't eat at the stadium not because of the prices but because the food is crap. Sell the crap for $2-3 but offer something good and I'll pay full boat. 

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

No need. Any electrician could fix those seats.

Any electrician I know would take one look and say "these are out of production, you need a whole new one."

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You should buy one, for those ice cold N.H. gamedays: https://www.sitandheat.com/sports/product/heated-vip-seats/

Lucky for me when I attend a cold weather spring event in usually in the press box. Though the have been times I've had to sit in the stands with my computer on my lap.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mr Info said:

They switched a few years ago to the baked potato heaters that you see now. 

5 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

That should be reported.

https://www.sitandheat.com/sports/

https://www.sitandheat.com/sports/product/heated-vip-seats/

The Bills could simply replace the seats.

If I was ponying up the big bucks for a club seat, I would insist that the heated seat, was in good condition.

Once again, they went with a company that went out of business so there were no replacement parts.  Plus they took out all the outlets the seats were plugged into.  Yes, each seat had it's own outlet, that you could turn on and off yourself.  Now they use overhead heaters instead.  

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

It is B.S. A heating element, is a simple electrical item. It's NiChrome wire, like the element, in your toaster. They simply didn't want to spend the money.

Replace the seat, if they must, but to say parts are NLA, is a heapin' helpin'....

I bet that I could fix a broken heater, myself...

I don't doubt that you could make them. But can you tell me who does make them?

Or show me a heated seat that they could replace and plug into the existing receptacle and the seat bucket matches all the rest. 

9 hours ago, nkreed said:

LOL this is so true!!! After eight beers though you kind of start to like it.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Mr Info said:

This was a while ago, a la 2013 while ago.

17 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

That should be reported.

https://www.sitandheat.com/sports/

https://www.sitandheat.com/sports/product/heated-vip-seats/

The Bills could simply replace the seats.

If I was ponying up the big bucks for a club seat, I would insist that the heated seat, was in good condition.

I was gifted the seats for a one time experience. It was cold out and I was happy to have some heat. Some shocks to the butt weren't going to stop my experience!

I would assume that, since they went to the chicken cooker method of heating fans, getting replacement parts for the heated seats wasn’t an option anymore.  Hopefully they don’t make the same mistakes as before when the new stadium gets built, partially with taxpayer money and partially with the Pegula‘s own money. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/18/the-saber-rattling-over-the-new-buffalo-bills-stadium-officially-has-begun/ I think we know a deal will get done, Florio is an ####### who’s been wanting the Bills to leave for a while now. The Pegulas presented a plan and they’re waiting on word back from officials if it’s been given the green light.

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/18/the-saber-rattling-over-the-new-buffalo-bills-stadium-officially-has-begun/ I think we know a deal will get done, Florio is an ####### who’s been wanting the Bills to leave for a while now. The Pegulas presented a plan and they’re waiting on word back from officials if it’s been given the green light.

Saw this blowing up on reddit with folks all up in arms, cursing the Pegulas.

It is nothing more than clickbait from Florio + some minor negotiating through the media.

The Bills arent leaving Buffalo. It will all get worked out.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Saw this blowing up on reddit with folks all up in arms, cursing the Pegulas.

It is nothing more than clickbait from Florio + some minor negotiating through the media.

The Bills arent leaving Buffalo. It will all get worked out.

Exactly, I’m just frustrated with the amount of hate that’s getting thrown our way and seeing people wanting the Bills to move. It’s all stupid and BS. I can’t wait for the new stadium in OP

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Florio is such an #######.  Almost as bad as the morons that commented on the story.  I would guess that since the land that they want to build the stadium on is owned by the city, the city would have to decide if they want to agree to the plans?  The quote may not even have much to do with the funding.  But that wouldn't make for such a catchy story.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Florio is such an #######.  Almost as bad as the morons that commented on the story.  I would guess that since the land that they want to build the stadium on is owned by the city, the city would have to decide if they want to agree to the plans?  The quote may not even have much to do with the funding.  But that wouldn't make for such a catchy story.

Absolutely.

They are still trying to get a Downtown stadium deal done. Or else, why even mention the city? If they stay in OP they are just dealing with the County officials.

I still believe the "leaks" that the Pegulas want to build an OP stadium are nothing more than threats to city officials.

We'll see... Either way, the Bills arent leaving Buffalo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Absolutely.

They are still trying to get a Downtown stadium deal done. Or else, why even mention the city? If they stay in OP they are just dealing with the County officials.

I still believe the "leaks" that the Pegulas want to build an OP stadium are nothing more than threats to city officials.

We’re not getting a stadium in DT, they’ve confirmed the Pegulas want to stay In OP and that the new stadium will be built across the street in a parking lot that they own thats near the team facility. But I 💯 agree with you that That Bills aren’t leaving Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Absolutely.

The articles mention the city because that's the trendy thing to say

The money issue almost makes it guaranteed it's not going downtown

You never hear Terry pegula talking about how he needs to build a downtown stadium .. it's all conjecture