EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m neither pro dome or anti dome. My point is that if the stadium is out in the suburbs I find it hard to believe that the people paying for it will invest in the roof. I know that I wouldn’t if it was my money. 

I think if you asked Josh what his preference would be, he'd say he'd rather have a dome. A controlled environment where you can take full advantage of his canon arm. Weather (wind, rain, snow) eliminates any advantage a physically skilled qb might have. And a dome would have no effect whatsoever on the tailgate experience. I'm pro dome because I feel it gives the Bill's the best odds at winning a SB. 

JMHO....not everyone will agree and that's ok. Build a 2B stadium similar to the Vikings. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think if you asked Josh what his preference would be, he'd say he'd rather have a dome. A controlled environment where you can take full advantage of his canon arm. Weather (wind, rain, snow) eliminates any advantage a physically skilled qb might have. And a dome would have no effect whatsoever on the tailgate experience. I'm pro dome because I feel it gives the Bill's the best odds at winning a SB. 

JMHO....not everyone will agree and that's ok. Build a 2B stadium similar to the Vikings. 

The ***** you talking about... Josh would prefer a dome.... get outta here

Did you all listen to Beane's interview with Pat McAfee? He said they embrace the cold/wind/snow and want teams to have to travel there for playoff games. These guys know they can win in any conditions and padding their stats in a dome is soooooo far down on their priority list.

It's gonna be open-air in OP and that's not short-sighted. This is football.

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m neither pro dome or anti dome. My point is that if the stadium is out in the suburbs I find it hard to believe that the people paying for it will invest in the roof. I know that I wouldn’t if it was my money. 

Truth.

The multi-use issue is so overblown, too. Plenty of open-air stadiums around the league get used for summer concerts and stuff. The Pegula's happen to own an entertainment group...

I think you can expect this thing to be designed with summer concerts in mind.

I think you can also expect them to engineer it with th wind in mind, orientation structural features in a way that minimizes the nasty swirl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

man, one nice thing about a dome is it would make our crazy fans seem even louder.  

Like LeGoatSki alluded to above, hopefully they take acoustics into strong consideration if it ends up being an open-air stadium (like they did with the Seahawks’ joint)

50 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

man, one nice thing about a dome is it would make our crazy fans seem even louder.  

Like LeGoatSki alluded to above, hopefully they take acoustics into strong consideration if it ends up being an open-air stadium (like they did with the Seahawks’ joint)

That's false. A dome causes sound waves to rebound and cancel each other out (consider headphones with active noise-cancelation. They produce a sound frequency that matches outside noise in order to cancel it out). 

Think of an amplifier. It's a cone with an open end. The loudest stadiums (Seattle, KC, Bills) aren't just loud because of rabid fan bases. It's because they're open-air amplifiers that don't cancel out any frequencies coming from within.

I'm not an expert by any means, but that's the gist of it. I'm sure you can engineer a roof to minimize noise cancelation, but you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot if maximum decibels are a priority.

19 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Stadium is in need of refurbishment, or replacement. No doubt.

The Buffalo News article however, simply does not pass the 'Smell Test'.

I spent the afternoon helping my son move into his first house. Upon returning home my wife informed me that I failed that same test. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Watch out Bills fans. 15 dollar pizza is coming in the new stadium

Fans said it was terrible 

who eats stadium food? When I went I ate before the game in the lot and that lasted till I got home

• Like (+1) 1

My contribution to the thread:

vom·i·to·ri·um

/ˌväməˈtôrēəm/

noun

each of a series of entrance or exit passages in an ancient Roman amphitheater or theater.

----------

Bottom line, any correlation of this term with Bills fans' drinking habits is purely accidental.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

But the reports are it will be an open air venue in OP.  Why do you and others keep talking about a roof?  That ship is out to sea.  Will you show up for games in the stadium they will actually build or enjoy games at home?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

2 games a year?....how bout 8 games a year with wind. Everyone always forgets about the wind. 

The horrors of wind.. dude football is absolutely made to be played in wind and rain and snow

And the wind effects the other team's quarterbacks a lot more than effects Josh Allen.. same in the Kelly days 

There's about one or two games a year where it's freezing cold with terrible wind.. 

And you can still play football in it.. and there's 70,000 people that will attend

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The wind @ the Raven's playoff game made one wish, that some testicular anti-freeze was available, in addition to the warm clothing that was already worn for this mid Jan. event.:flirt: Need I say more?

my cojones were fine, but my feet were ice blocks after that game.

On 8/15/2021 at 7:04 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

"No replacement parts", is sending my B.S. meter through the ceiling. Heated seats are not exactly unique items.

The entire article (In my opinion) is attempting to corral fans into thinking that things are much worse than they seem.

On 8/15/2021 at 7:23 PM, Patience said:

I tend to think the same thing. 

As a former club seat ticket holder I can tell you this is not BS. Nobody makes the parts. That means when your seat heater element wears out, they don't replace it.

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Grass or turf?

Grass for me please. So done with turf.

46 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

As a former club seat ticket holder I can tell you this is not BS. Nobody makes the parts. That means when your seat heater element wears out, they don't replace it. 

I was responding to his reaction to the article, but neglected to take the part regarding the heated seats.  But, good to know.  I was considering purchasing those seats next season, potentially.  

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The horrors of wind.. dude football is absolutely made to be played in wind and rain and snow

And the wind effects the other team's quarterbacks a lot more than effects Josh Allen.. same in the Kelly days 

There's about one or two games a year where it's freezing cold with terrible wind.. 

And you can still play football in it.. and there's 70,000 people that will attend

Hah,

I want to watch the best athletes be the best they can be.

I don't want to have to watch the bills run the ball because of 25-30 mph winds. 

Build a dome.

• Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

Hah,

I don't want to have to watch the bills run the ball because of 25-30 mph winds. 

Build a dome.

I've been watching Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Wilson be the best for years in open-air stadiums.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I've been watching Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Wilson be the best for years in open-air stadiums.

The way Rich was built magnified the effects of wind. There's much better, newer designs that minimize the effects of wind. That should be a main feature of any new open air stadium.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Hah,

Build a dome.

Pittsburgh rust belt no dome, Cleveland rust belt no dome, Buffalo rust belt no dome, New England in New England, no dome , Philadelphia no dome, Green Bay no dome

As much as you think the wind affects our team, it effects the other team a lot more... Cuz they don't have Josh Allen

• Like (+1) 1