EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I bet the difference between an overhang and full roof isn't much, relatively speaking. The retractable roof is where cost skyrockets.

I'd rather just have a retractable field, like the Cards have. I think Vikings might have that too now?

Overall, the Cards stadium is very cool, but is super ugly from the outside.

I have been in Cardinals' stadium and there are lots of seats sold with partial or blocked seating.

This is a design flaw IMO of domed stadiums especially since teams will sell every possible seat.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I have been in Cardinals' stadium and there are lots of seats sold with partial or blocked seating.

This is a design flaw IMO of domed stadiums especially since teams will sell every possible seat.

Yeah, the guardrails can be annoying

4 hours ago, Doc said:

As I asked earlier, what is the cost difference between the overhang they plan on installing to shield the fans, versus a roof?  I doubt the overhang will be cheap.

When Miami added their overhang, it was a little over $100M.

Partial roof for Dolphins' stadium has big price tag - South Florida Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

About a third of the $350 million modernization cost proposed for Sun Life Stadium would pay for the canopy and its lighting system.

What I did not remember, was the NFL demanded the roof be put on, or they would not get any more Super Bowls.

5 Things About the Hard Rock Stadium Roof Before Super Bowl LIV | 2020-01-21 | Roofing Contractor

In 2010, the NFL threatened to keep the stadium from future Super Bowl consideration unless major renovations, including a roof, were completed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, the guardrails can be annoying

In my case my seat was below another section with a girder in front of me. 

I could only see by looking on either side of it.  I could only see part of broadcast big screen.

I found out later than a number of seats are sold to people who never sit in them and just spend time in standing area and at cafe.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

In my case my seat was below another section with a girder in front of me. 

I could only see by looking on either side of it.  I could only see part of broadcast big screen.

I found out later than a number of seats are sold to people who never sit in them and just spend time in standing area and at cafe.

So, because of what you experienced from one seat in AZ, “all” enclosed stadiums have a design flaw of obstructed seating?

16 minutes ago, BTB said:

So, because of what you experienced from one seat in AZ, “all” enclosed stadiums have a design flaw of obstructed seating?

I have been in 4 different stadiums with obstructed seating.  One I bought from ticket office and was able to get changed because it said nothing about it on ticket when purchased.  Arizona was last dome game I went to.

In the one I bought from ticket office I said I'd dispute charge with credit company but could not do with others since I did not directly buy from team.

I think most people knew this already...the current stadium is falling apart.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/pegula-executives-renovating-highmark-stadium-for-bills-is-just-not-realistic/article_c373cc30-fc96-11eb-b6db-0b8d5d25abf5.html

PS For the preschoolers who like pictures more than words, you will like this story. 😂

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, BTB said:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/pegula-executives-renovating-highmark-stadium-for-bills-is-just-not-realistic/article_c373cc30-fc96-11eb-b6db-0b8d5d25abf5.html

PS For the preschoolers who like pictures more than words, you will like this story. 😂

TIL what “vomitorium” means.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BTB said:

This is for those who insist the Bills don’t “need” a new stadium. They have needed one for awhile and the Pegulas bought the team with that knowledge. It would be a huge waste of money to sink any more into the current stadium. 

as Tim Graham wrote yesterday, there are economic and geographic realities as to why it’s going in OP and not downtown and why it will be open air. And why this is all a lot of MUD when it comes to taxpayer responsibility. Keep in mind TG has never been a PSE or Bills apologist, so there is no bias when he’s indicating they are trying to build a the best structure that will be the most cost effective for the WNY economy.

https://theathletic.com/2769323/2021/08/13/taxpayers-wipe-your-brow-why-bills-stadium-rhetoric-is-causing-unnecessary-angst/?source=user_shared_article

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, BTB said:

Yup, just doesn't make sense to sink $1 billion into a stadium that's falling apart when you can spend $1.4 billion for a new one. This isn't a Solider Field or Lambeau type situation. 

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is for those who insist the Bills don’t “need” a new stadium. They have needed one for awhile and the Pegulas bought the team with that knowledge. It would be a huge waste of money to sink any more into the current stadium. 

as Tim Graham wrote yesterday, there are economic and geographic realities as to why it’s going in OP and not downtown and why it will be open air. And why this is all a lot of MUD when it comes to taxpayer responsibility. Keep in mind TG has never been a PSE or Bills apologist, so there is no bias when he’s indicating they are trying to build a the best structure that will be the most cost effective for the WNY economy.

https://theathletic.com/2769323/2021/08/13/taxpayers-wipe-your-brow-why-bills-stadium-rhetoric-is-causing-unnecessary-angst/?source=user_shared_article

100% correct. Bills fans, and honestly all effected taxpayers,  should read that story. Does a great job of showing how it’s probably more like $50 million taxpayers are on the hook for. Think about how much revenue the Bills bring in every year from people like myself going to a game.