EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

13 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I want a parking ramp with one car spot per floor, 12,000 stories high.

…honestly, you think I could get one dang thing in this life that I want.

Now did I park on level 9,865 or 9,866? 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If this really ends up an open air stadium in OP, I will be semi-disappointed by the bush league, short-sighted move, but not surprised at all as that is typical Buffalo MO.

Great to keep the tailgating and weather elements. But really missing out on a opportunity to progress the city.

A covered stadium by itself doesn't progress the city...

They'll be able to recoup their money easily with a new open air stadium. Look at the Seahawks, 49ers, Patriots, Titans, etc....perfectly viable open air stadiums that are multi-use. It's gonna be the same thing in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BTB said:

I understand the negotiations are done behind closed doors, but it is BS that the designs have not been released for a stadium that is going to be funded by at least 40% taxpayer money.  The stadium study was completed sometime last year.  Even if some of the bells and whistles change going forward, what is it that is so secretive as of today?

I don't think stadium design comes out until the funding is finalized.  

9 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If this really ends up an open air stadium in OP, I will be semi-disappointed by the bush league, short-sighted move, but not surprised at all as that is typical Buffalo MO.

Great to keep the tailgating and weather elements. But really missing out on a opportunity to progress the city.

Rust belt cities Cleveland and Pittsburgh say hi!

I can't believe this thing will probably end up being $1.5 billion and there won't be a roof. It just doesn't make any sense. 

Location doesn't matter too much to me but I think they're going to wish they built it more north. They put a lot of money into the practice facilities so they will probably build up around it similar to the Patriots. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

New Bills stadium reportedly will cost $1.4 billion
Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2021, 8:35 PM EDT

Via John Wawrow of the Associated Press, the stadium will cost $1.4 billion.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/12/new-bills-stadium-reportedly-will-cost-1-4-billion/

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — The cost of the Bills’ proposed new stadium is $1.4 billion, and is to be built across the street from their existing facility in suburban Buffalo, a person with direct knowledge of discussions told The Associated Press .

https://apnews.com/article/andrew-cuomo-sports-nfl-business-buffalo-bills-3a8d572aacae68a2eef5be301a3c8996?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_NFL

Who should pay for the new stadium poll

https://www.wgrz.com/vote

Edited by ALF

1 hour ago, ALF said:

New Bills stadium reportedly will cost $1.4 billion
Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2021, 8:35 PM EDT

Via John Wawrow of the Associated Press, the stadium will cost $1.4 billion.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/12/new-bills-stadium-reportedly-will-cost-1-4-billion/

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — The cost of the Bills’ proposed new stadium is $1.4 billion, and is to be built across the street from their existing facility in suburban Buffalo, a person with direct knowledge of discussions told The Associated Press .

https://apnews.com/article/andrew-cuomo-sports-nfl-business-buffalo-bills-3a8d572aacae68a2eef5be301a3c8996?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_NFL

Who should pay for the new stadium poll

https://www.wgrz.com/vote

1.4 billion? When MetLife was built (granted it opened in 2009) it cost 1 billion and that's for two teams in the NYC market. With Josh getting big time $$$ and a new stadium on the way say hello to PSL's fees and individual ticket price increases that will go up significantly.

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

1.4 billion? When MetLife was built (granted it opened in 2009) it cost 1 billion and that's for two teams in the NYC market. With Josh getting big time $$$ and a new stadium on the way say hello to PSL's fees and individual ticket price increases that will go up significantly.

Costs of recent stadiums in order of when they broke ground (most recent to least recent):

Las Vegas Raiders: $1.9 billion

Texas Rangers: $1.1 billion

LA Rams/Chargers: $5.5 billion

Atlanta Falcons: $1.5 billion

Perth Cricket/Aussie Football: $1.0 billion

Tottenham Hotspur: $1.3 billion

Minnesota Vikings: $1.1 billion

Singapore Football Club: $1.3 billion

Brazilian Soccer Club: $0.8 billion

Adjusted for inflation (and removing LA because that one is such an outlier), the average stadium built since 2010 cost $1.3 billion.

• Like (+1) 1

If the stadium price is really 1.4B, and it is not a dome/fixed roof,  somebody is getting ripped off...and that would be the taxpayers.  

Chances are the majority is getting poured into suites and club seating, that the majority of us will never utilize.   They are getting sold a bill of goods by Jerry’s company, and wait until they find out that those suites/seats will be very difficult to sell. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BTB said:

If the stadium price is really 1.4B, and it is not a dome/fixed roof,  somebody is getting ripped off...and that would be the taxpayers.  

Chances are the majority is getting poured into suites and club seating, that the majority of us will never utilize.   They are getting sold a bill of goods by Jerry’s company, and wait until they find out that those suites/seats will be very difficult to sell. 

Maybe they are hoping they get the corporate support from Toronto? The Bills should look at the Colts stadium as a model they should build. Nice stadium but not crazy expensive like LA, Dallas. I mentioned this before but Bills fans are a tailgating fanbase. Building restaurants and bars will not go over well especially at the prices they will charge. The fans would rather eat and drink in the parking lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I can't believe this thing will probably end up being $1.5 billion and there won't be a roof. It just doesn't make any sense. 

Location doesn't matter too much to me but I think they're going to wish they built it more north. They put a lot of money into the practice facilities so they will probably build up around it similar to the Patriots. 

A downtown stadium is estimated to cost $900M more.  They're not spending that.

And I wonder how much the overhang will cost versus just putting a roof on it?  I can't imagine it would be that much more.

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A downtown stadium would be too hard and expensive to build. You have people who already own buildings and other property down in that area and Pegula would have to not only talk to the state officials but would have to talk the owners of the property as well. Too much of a headache for a downtown stadium, plus a downtown stadium means you can kiss tailgating goodbye. The Pegulas keeping it in OP like the report said is the cheapest option and they can still keep the tailgating 

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

A downtown stadium is estimated to cost $900M more.  They're not spending that.

And I wonder how much the overhang will cost versus just putting a roof on it?  I can't imagine it would be that much more.

I don’t understand why everyone wants a roof?? Us getting a roof/domed stadium means it’ll effect our home field advantage. The snow blizzards are a big part of a Buffalo Bills game as opposing teams have a hard time playing in the snow and in some ways that’s when we play our strongest. Keep it an open air stadium no roof or dome. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

At 1.4 billion it has to be a dome! I would like to see a retractable roof. I’m not a fan of cold weather it would be so nice to bundle up in the parking lot to tailgate then strip it all off and sit comfortable without layers of clothes. Just my opinion.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

At 1.4 billion it has to be a dome! I would like to see a retractable roof. I’m not a fan of cold weather it would be so nice to bundle up in the parking lot to tailgate then strip it all off and sit comfortable without layers of clothes. Just my opinion.

100 bucks says it won’t be a dome. It’s going to be an open air stadium, the cold weather in some ways is a weapon of ours against our opponents. I have zero interest in a dome.  

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Simple reason why. Inflation. Things cost more now. Two teams playing there doesn't mean much. Just have to add another locker room. 

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

A downtown stadium would be too hard and expensive to build. You have people who already own buildings and other property down in that area and Pegula would have to not only talk to the state officials but would have to talk the owners of the property as well. Too much of a headache for a downtown stadium, plus a downtown stadium means you can kiss tailgating goodbye. The Pegulas keeping it in OP like the report said is the cheapest option and they can still keep the tailgating 

I don’t understand why everyone wants a roof?? Us getting a roof/domed stadium means it’ll effect our home field advantage. The snow blizzards are a big part of a Buffalo Bills game as opposing teams have a hard time playing in the snow and in some ways that’s when we play our strongest. Keep it an open air stadium no roof or dome. 

How many blizzards have hit during a game besides the colts game? The wind is pretty much the only thing that causes problems and that's for both teams. 

Tbh I've watched us struggle more in the weather than our opponents. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BTB said:

42 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Par for the course!

I'm intrigued as to where the knowledge, information and experience is coming from regarding these types of cynical comments. Sometimes we would do well to look in the mirror and acknowledge where we lack expertise.

• Awesome! (+1) 1