EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

seems to be to many Ifs ands buts without hearing the entire story from the horses mouth.. I will wait for that to happen and not get caught up on all this click bait

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 8/1/2021 at 8:18 AM, SectionC3 said:

It will probably come in around 55/45 public/private split. The big contribution from the county will be ECC South land.  But it has to get done fast in case Cuomo gets in trouble next election cycle.  The Bills want it done ASAP for a reason. 

Well that didn't age well and today is only the 8/3 lol. Hochul will do what she has to in order to make it work. Then whoever is next won't matter because the deal will be done and the State will have tp honor whatever the obligation is. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Like I said, this all came from one reporter with no real connection to the Bills. If it wasn't entirely made up, the sourcing is extremely suspect. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I have kept several versions of the article.  The writer has no need to validate since will not be writing any Bills stories or doing any media ones.

it appears to come from one of the political organizations in Albany but not pay attention to NY politics to tell which group.

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

That was a really short sighted move. Buffalo could've purchased a number of Trolley cars, from Cleveland, for $20 million. The rail line would've been extended out to the UB Amherst Campus. An economic opportunity lost.

Depends on who you are...seems like several people made a lot of money off that project. Not you, not me, but seems like a great economic opportunity for a select few who never had to face consequences for some reason. 

On 8/2/2021 at 4:09 PM, Just Jack said:

There used to be a Bills train, I believe @Albany,n.y. took it a few times.  Here's an old article about it...

BILLS SCHEDULE FIVE AMTRAK 'EXPRESS' GAMES | Latest Headlines | buffalonews.com

I used to live between Rensselaer where the train started & Schenectady.  In the beginning, when I went with others, we'd all meet in Rensselaer, but later I realized it was easier to go to Schenectady.  Also, if I was going alone I'd go to Schenectady because I could sleep a little later.  As the years went by & the Bills were no longer a Super Bowl contender the number of riders diminished.  I remember one of the final years the Bills were playing the Eagles & I got to the Schenectady train station and it was dark & spooky & no one else was there.  Finally 2 or 3 people came & when the train pulled up there were only 2 train cars attached.  I had the feeling that day that the Bills Express wasn't going to be around much longer.    

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Diminished but hardly the end. Besides, not everyone tailgates.

Honestly 

I would wager that more people tailgate than attend the game ..

In all of the private lots and Bills lots and grass lots combined there are more than 73k

Yet only 73,000 make it into the stadium.. there are thousands plus who never leave the tailgate

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

15 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I used to live between Rensselaer where the train started & Schenectady.  In the beginning, when I went with others, we'd all meet in Rensselaer, but later I realized it was easier to go to Schenectady.  Also, if I was going alone I'd go to Schenectady because I could sleep a little later.  As the years went by & the Bills were no longer a Super Bowl contender the number of riders diminished.  I remember one of the final years the Bills were playing the Eagles & I got to the Schenectady train station and it was dark & spooky & no one else was there.  Finally 2 or 3 people came & when the train pulled up there were only 2 train cars attached.  I had the feeling that day that the Bills Express wasn't going to be around much longer.    

Fantastic metaphor for Upstate NY

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Honestly 

I would wager that more people tailgate than attend the game ..

In all of the private lots and Bills lots and grass lots combined there are easily over 100,000 people tailgating

Yet only 73,000 make it into the stadium.. there are ten thousand plus who never leave the tailgate

So there are 25,000+ fans who tailgate but dont go into the game?   You are just making crap up, throwing it against the wall, and see what sticks. 

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, BTB said:

So there are 25,000+ fans who tailgate but dont go into the game?   You are just making crap up, throwing it against the wall, and see what sticks. 

His 25,000 number is a wild exaggeration but yes there are many people that tailgate and do not go into the game.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BTB said:

I mean I'm not trying to throw crap against the wall and see what sticks.. I said it's my opinion 

Going to Bills games my entire life I have ran into plenty of people who never left the tail gates.. bars and lots 

I used to take the bus to the game years ago, and there were a few people who never got off that bus every week.. they were so drunk they never even went to the game

With all the partying going on and all the private and public lots yeah I would assume there's thousands of people who do not go to the game... 25k might be much

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

His 25,000 number is a wild exaggeration but yes there are many people that tailgate and do not go into the game.

I was just about to say maybe 25,000 is a large number , but it's definitely a lot of people

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BTB said:

25,000 is probably too many, but I would bet it's around 10,000.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I mean I'm not trying to throw crap against the wall and see what sticks.. I said it's my opinion 

Going to Bills games my entire life I have ran into plenty of people who never left the tail gates.. bars and lots 

I used to take the bus to the game years ago, and there were a few people who never got off that bus every week.. they were so drunk they never even went to the game

With all the partying going on and all the private and public lots yeah I would assume there's thousands of people who do not go to the game... 25k might be much

I was just about to say maybe 25,000 is a large number , but it's definitely a lot of people

If by a lot you mean 25,000 minus 24,000, then maybe I would agree with you. 😉

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2