EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

9 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

10 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:: Anyhthing short of a move to a NON US MARKET, is just he Pegulas posturing and looking for leverage to get their building done.  

I believe this is a leverage play and they chose Austin deliberatly....knew it would get alot of traction, and seems feasable to alot of people.  It's one of the few cities that would probably hapily build a stadium......just leverage....  As I said before....the NFL isn't interested in any more domestic movement....it doen'st help teh TV contract.

Or the inside source could be Kansas City trying to stir up trouble for opponents this year.  Keep them off balance responding to crazy attacks.

No way to tell although some trolls will cite the Pegulas. 

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Frankly I'm a bit shocked they are quoting $1.1B for a clone of what we have now. They built Jerry-World for the same price in 2009! They built US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis in 2016 for the same price!!  Is our quote based on today's post-pandemic, material-shortage prices? Kickbacks and payoffs?

Don't worry.  It might be the same layout, but I'm hearing we'll have gold plated piss troughs.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Nice, the Hunt family has a condo/apartment/living area at Arrowhead. It's the only way to go in my opinion. 

AirBnB! Another revenue stream! Imagine being able to stay AT the stadium!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

The statement from Pegula S&E in response to all the backlash is such a joke. 

If it weren’t for McD, this team would probably still be mediocre. For all the good they do for Buffalo, the Pegulas aren’t very good at actually running sports franchises.

You mean if it weren’t for Allen?😉

41 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Pegulas never actually are quoted as threatening to move. Read the quote carefully. You don't have to worry about the team moving. But this type of talk is a part of stadium negotiations for whatever reason. It's going to be about a year before anything is finalized so be prepared. These talks get ugly at times. 

I know it is all negotiation but it is irritating none the less.  I know they aren't moving and I do understand the business side of this. Pegula's have put a lot of money into the complex so I do feel very confident that they will remain in OP/Buffalo.

I guess I'm just worn out.  Toronto was held over our head for a long time.  We had to hear how lucky we were to have a team, one that was poorly run and "cash to cap." We supported a less than good product for many years.  

Like I said in my last post, I don't know why this bothers me so much.  It may be timing with Covid, or maybe just irritation of footing the bill for a billionaire, or disappointment that Pegs is using the relocation threat, or it's Monday and I'm ornery lol.

16 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

This article by a Carucci provides great perspective. It’s really the only leverage the owners have in negotiations for public money.  Not defending Pegulas, but not ready to bring out the pitchforks yet either.  

If only he could give some lessons on perspective to WGR radio hosts.

They got their panties in a twit(ter) after article.

He did neglect to mention the negotiator was owned by Jerry Jones even though he mentioned Jerry Jones.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, section122 said:

I know it is all negotiation but it is irritating none the less.  I know they aren't moving and I do understand the business side of this. Pegula's have put a lot of money into the complex so I do feel very confident that they will remain in OP/Buffalo.

I guess I'm just worn out.  Toronto was held over our head for a long time.  We had to hear how lucky we were to have a team, one that was poorly run and "cash to cap." We supported a less than good product for many years.  

Like I said in my last post, I don't know why this bothers me so much.  It may be timing with Covid, or maybe just irritation of footing the bill for a billionaire, or disappointment that Pegs is using the relocation threat, or it's Monday and I'm ornery lol.

I initially read ornery as...um...a different word and was about to say TMI :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Frankly I'm a bit shocked they are quoting $1.1B for a clone of what we have now. They built Jerry-World for the same price in 2009! They built US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis in 2016 for the same price!!  Is our quote based on today's post-pandemic, material-shortage prices? Kickbacks and payoffs?

To be fair the Pegula camp is saying the $1.1 billion figure in the Sunday article is not accurate.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

To be fair the Pegula camp is saying the $1.1 billion figure in the Sunday article is not accurate.

Whoa whoa whoa.  Are you suggesting that the news from unnamed sources in a crappy ESPN article might not be credible?

• Like (+1) 1

If only people would get this worked up over multi-trillion dollar infrastructure bills that include almost no money for infrastructure.

At least this would bring some joy and and you would have a physical representation of the money versus what is usually buried deep in massive government spending bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

16 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Whoa whoa whoa.  Are you suggesting that the news from unnamed sources in a crappy ESPN article might not be credible?

It is crappy ESPN article which quoted a political reporter in Albany.  An article which has been changed multiple times with even title changed.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, section122 said:

No one likes a threat. 

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If the Bills move, I get a sex change.

You can get neutering for free.

34 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

Most in media do not even try to be fair or even accurate these days.

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If the Bills move, I get a sex change.

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Don't pin your hopes and dreams on the whims of the Pegulas.  Be the hideous woman you've always wanted to be.

I want to see Royale's pre and post picture in "Would Ya?" post in Off the Wall post. Would get the most Hell Nos of any thread.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No one likes a threat. 

Lots like a threat - those who make them.