EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

who is to say they don't build such accommodations?

Yes, l have a grand investment idea.  Build another 50,000 hotel rooms in Buffalo for the every 25 years they get the superbowl.  It's literally foolproof

3 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

No you won't. We already have one of the highest sales tax rates in the country. Most NYers are not Bills or even sports fans. Why should anyone pay for a billionaires profit center. 

If we want to publicly finance a stadium then we should publicly keep the profits from everything that comes with it. I would be in favor of a loan (even low or no interest) that was paid back over time but no, not paying a dime. I pay when I buy a ticket. 

I'm very glad you're not in charge of anything relating to this because every stadium typically receives 40-70% public financing.   

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The statement from Pegula S&E in response to all the backlash is such a joke. 

If it weren’t for McD, this team would probably still be mediocre. For all the good they do for Buffalo, the Pegulas aren’t very good at actually running sports franchises.

It's very difficult to own 2 major professional sports teams. They're having success with one, struggling with another. Not to mention their daughter is also a professional franchise and she's having success. 

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Honestly, the most annoying part about this is having to see news outlets picking up the story.  FoxNews.com has this on their main page right now...smh.   

Same clickbait story where the headline poses us potentially moving, with the body of the story basically informing us it's just a threat to get what they want in Buffalo. 

It was not even a threat.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

No you won't. We already have one of the highest sales tax rates in the country. Most NYers are not Bills or even sports fans. Why should anyone pay for a billionaires profit center. 

If we want to publicly finance a stadium then we should publicly keep the profits from everything that comes with it. I would be in favor of a loan (even low or no interest) that was paid back over time but no, not paying a dime. I pay when I buy a ticket. 

Terry seems to have put public ownership of the stadium on the table. 

I don't see why the state / county can't partner on taking out a 30 year mortgage, and locking the Bills into a 30 year lease. 

9 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

If I own part of the stadium I'm moving in. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, dpberr said:

There's a lot of wannabe noise out of Austin.  There's a lot of new money there and the want you to see them.    It has zero to do with the Bills specifically.  Just a fever dream for those tech bros down there.  

When the Spurs recently changed minority ownership, the same phenomenon occurred, sudden talk about the Spurs relocating to Austin.  It's a nothing burger.  

There is literally no noise out of Austin.  The Austin city council said they have no knowledge of an NFL franchise trying to relocate to Austin.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/01/austin-city-council-members-not-aware-of-possible-bills-move/

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

It’s like people don’t even realize all the useless pork that our tax money goes into. At least I can see a new stadium. Let New York State taxes fund a portion of it. A lot of upstate tax money goes downstate, time for them to reciprocate. 

As long as we own the building after its done and the money we make off of it goes towards the surrounding suburbs and buffalo instead of to NYC ....(which is where the money will likely go)....im fine with funding a stadium for our team.

My last thing on this subject, all this hosting a Super Bowl stuff is a terrible idea. Have we seen what it takes to host a Super Bowl? In some cases it costs the city money to do it. And there are sooooooo many requirements. Older article but still very valid. 
https://globalsportmatters.com/business/2019/01/31/so-you-want-to-host-a-super-bowl-itll-cost-ya/

Terry Pegula is worth 5.4 billion dollars.  That doesn't do it justice.  He is worth $5,400,000,000.

I know sports teams ask for public money but for some reason this really bothers me.  Fans stood by this team with games being pimped to Toronto, during a 17 year playoff drought, and finally have a competitive team. 

I know relocation is always the trump card but I thought with 2 teams in LA that would disappear.  Austin, Texas really?

Billionaires looking for hand outs.  The bought the Sabres for 189 million and they are now what 12 years no playoffs?  No matter that team is now worth $385 million.  They "overpaid" for the Bills at 1.4 million.  No worries though the team is now worth 2.05 billion.

Dig another well like you said.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

The bills aren’t going anywhere! This is a starting negotiation. Who wouldn’t go all in and ask for the tax Money. What I believe is going on is the pegulas are trying to force a land sale to force the stadium downtown. They bought the perry projects for a reason. It’ll be a 50/50 split between private money and public money with the pegulas coming out ahead be selling the land to the state for an astronomical price. It’s all political. You don’t become a billionaire being stupid.

14 hours ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Jerry Jones is a greedy old man and he is tired of sharing his profits with small market teams playing in old stadiums. 

So his consultancy would be a party - or rather a facilitator - to the Bills coming to take over the Austin portion of his own Cowboys market.  How does this make sense to people?

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It would help if it was in another city.  You cannot have everything unless you want to pay for it out of your pocket.

37 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Maybe. It all depends on how much the Bills would be willing to pay per year to lease the stadium and the cost difference between an open air and dome.

PSE might not want to pay twice as much to lease a dome, and the added events probably wouldn't come close to covering the difference. 

Frankly I'm a bit shocked they are quoting $1.1B for a clone of what we have now. They built Jerry-World for the same price in 2009! They built US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis in 2016 for the same price!!  Is our quote based on today's post-pandemic, material-shortage prices? Kickbacks and payoffs?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Frankly I'm a bit shocked they are quoting $1.1B for a clone of what we have now. They built! Jerry-World for the same price in 2009! They built US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis in 2016 for the same price!!  Is our quote based on today's post-pandemic, material-shortage prices? Kickbacks and payoffs?

Right.  If that's the price tag, then it had better look like the Vikings pad...that thing is amazing (sorry birds).

• Like (+1) 2