EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Anyhthing short of a move to a NON US MARKET, is just he Pegulas posturing and looking for leverage to get their building done.  

There is no quote from Pegulas in article.  Someone supposedly stated there are other markets but not say who.

Likely it someone from Legends who told in meeting that unsupported teams have moved in past.

it could have been as far as we know Lamar Hunt.

Edited by Limeaid

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Hard for ownership to have a worse month than the Pegulas without moving their teams.  

Their PR department is woefully unprepared for the onslaught that's coming from the fans.  

Yo Maddie Glibb's got this. Right? Right?! Who else is even in the building? Who is the Buffalo Bills PR department?

23 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

the reason why is twofold for Austin...and you all have the first one covered.  Jerry doesn't need another Texas team treading on his territory....and Austin isn't all that far away from Houston...I am SURE they also don't want a team in Austin.

Eh? It's as far away as Buffalo and Pittsburgh. I don't think Houston has too much fandom in Austin. The Cowboys would definitely be the more popular team in the area. 

Austin is an unlikely area in my opinion, but not because of anything to do with Houston. 

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

There is no quote from Pegulas in article.  Someone supposedly stated there are other markets but not say who.

Likely it someone from Legends who told in meeting that unsupported teams have moved in past.

it could have been as far as we know Lamar Hunt.

Honestly, sounds like the reporter needed some clicks and found "someone" related to the team in some abstract way to make a comment. 

Edited by jeremy2020

1 hour ago, Process said:

This got lost in all the relocation BS, but anyone else find it ridiculous that an open air stadium in freakin Orchard Park would cost $1.1B? How is that possible?

Hienz field in downtown Pittsburgh cost $280M. Lucas oil stadium, a dome in downtown Indianapolis cost $770M. US Bank stadium, in downtown Minneapolis, with a dome, and probably one of the nicest stadiums in the league cost $1.05B. 

Thanks for those numbers. must all be huge exaggerations to start negotiations.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

This got lost in all the relocation BS, but anyone else find it ridiculous that an open air stadium in freakin Orchard Park would cost $1.1B? How is that possible?

Hienz field in downtown Pittsburgh cost $280M. Lucas oil stadium, a dome in downtown Indianapolis cost $770M. US Bank stadium, in downtown Minneapolis, with a dome, and probably one of the nicest stadiums in the league cost $1.05B. 

Exactly, in today's dollars the cost to build Heinz Field would be around $430M. No way they should even consider plans any more expensive than that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Chandler#81 changed the title to EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025
1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

What would move the needle would be an NFL team in Toronto.  make whatever case you want about that...but having one team in Canada...they become alot like the Blue Jays, where that is Canadas MLB team....and THAT would bring more TV revenue to the NFL having those new and additonal eyeballs on TVs.   

Anyhthing short of a move to a NON US MARKET, is just he Pegulas posturing and looking for leverage to get their building done.  

Or London, Montreal, Vancouver, Barcelona, etc...  Even just sticking to America there will always be cities with a bigger population an owner can use as threats to relocate in negotiations with the Bills.  The identity of Buffalo is strongly tied to the Bills so fans will put tremendous pressure on their elected politicians to pony up the dough.  The Pegula's recognize that and will take full advantage.  

The Buffalo News is reporting today (8/2) that the Pegulas are disputing the report on the cost of the stadium, but won’t say how much. And the Sabres arena is not involved in public funding. 

The Pegula spokesperson said that a stadium owned and operated by the public is not unprecedented.

That is me paraphrasing the article and no I don’t have a link it’s not on the web site yet. If you want to see the article right now, take your lazy butts to 7-11 and get a paper 😘.

Edited by NobesBLO13
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Austin or any other UNITED STATES CITY, makes ZERO sense as a destination for a team like the Bills.  

the reason why is twofold for Austin...and you all have the first one covered.  Jerry doesn't need another Texas team treading on his territory....and Austin isn't all that far away from Houston...I am SURE they also don't want a team in Austin.

But the more important and bigger reason is that NON NFL MARKETS get just as high of television ratings and NFL markets do.  Moving a team into a market does nothing to bring in more eyes and more TV money (wich is where the leauge makes the big bucks)  To that end, Jerry could care less if teh Bills were in Buffalo or Des Moines Iowa....the TV money is all the same no matter where they have teams now...you don't generate a single new dollar by moving to a new town.  Those days are over.  

What would move the needle would be an NFL team in Toronto.  make whatever case you want about that...but having one team in Canada...they become alot like the Blue Jays, where that is Canadas MLB team....and THAT would bring more TV revenue to the NFL having those new and additonal eyeballs on TVs.   

You make a great deal if sense, but if what you say is true, why is JJ and the other NFL owners pushing the Bills for a new stadium if non TV revenue is not important to them?

I really don't want have to worry about Western New York losing the Bills.  Been there, done that.

1 hour ago, NobesBLO13 said:

The Buffalo News is reporting today (8/2) that the Pegulas are disputing the report on the cost of the stadium, but won’t say how much. And the Sabres arena is not involved in public funding. 

The Pegula spokesperson said that a stadium owned and operated by the public is not unprecedented.

That is me paraphrasing the article and no I don’t have a link it’s not on the web site yet. If you want to see the article right now, take your lazy butts to 7-11 and get a paper 😘.

That pretty much sums up the new article . 

https://buffalonews.com/news/state-and-regional/as-talks-simmer-for-a-new-bills-stadium-some-of-the-basics-already-are-in/article_bf9f835a-f30a-11eb-b386-2375ef441e55.html

Edited by ALF

43 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

If you start your negotiations at 50/50 you will be lucky to get 25%

Start at 100% and work your way to 50/50:)  

Pretty much this.  I don’t know who ESPN’s “well placed source” is for the news that broke over the weekend but if the Pegulas threatened the state with leaving Buffalo I’d be shocked.  And as far as Austin goes, that’s simply a comment about a city who wants a team, not a “threat” the Bills will move there.  NYS officials know they need to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

I hate leaks like this but some a$$hat wanted to make him or herself more important.  This stuff will take care of itself; I’m on to Pittsburgh.

Edited by eball
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, davefan66 said:

The Bills and the State know what the end game is.  This is a dance meant to rile up fans to put “pressure” on the state.  

Mostly it’s about selling it to residents of NYS.  Tell ‘me the Bills are leaving, get them freaked out and they won’t fight public payout.

Right. But I still think that misses the mark. Just scrolling though comments on FB, Reddit, Insta, I think the Pegula’s missed on the temperature of the community. Just from the eye test, most comments are “Fine, GTFO”. Pegula’s bet that Buffalo would ferociously go to Albany to keep the team here now that they are competitive. But it turns out people feel slighted at the threat 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nelius said:

Yo Maddie Glibb's got this. Right? Right?! Who else is even in the building? Who is the Buffalo Bills PR department?

Of course there is no one else left in the building. Every time she opens her mouth, her “nails on a chalkboard” voice causes another person to quit. 😂

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

Right. But I still think that misses the mark. Just scrolling though comments on FB, Reddit, Insta, I think the Pegula’s missed on the temperature of the community. Just from the eye test, most comments are “Fine, GTFO”. Pegula’s bet that Buffalo would ferociously go to Albany to keep the team here now that they are competitive. But it turns out people feel slighted at the threat 

If people truly thought they might move, you’d probably see a different reaction - but nobody truly believes that - so you are correct in that people feel slighted that they would make a threat, even if just a veiled one, as leverage in a negotiation.  

We just went through this before the Pegula’s bought the Bills.  You can’t expect to open that wound again a second time and things go well for you.  

Edited by SCBills

Over the years I have wasted too much energy on this subject. 

Move if you wish Terry. Move if you want Terry. Move if you must Terry. Move to Austin, move to Wyoming, move to one of your fracking sites, move to London. I don't care.

JUST WIN A SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR and then you can frig off. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Absolute conjecture on my part:  Perhaps the firm hired to negotiate planted the seed of “other cities are interested” and not the Pegulas.  One of the advantages of a third party negotiating tactic is to keep yourself in a position to play the savior or just generally above the knife fighting to not soil your reputation.  

• Agree 2