EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

30 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

This is what happens when the Pegula’s see how Bills Mafia mounts up and donate to charities 

I know its a joke

but major difference between

50,000 people donating $50  to charity

to

850,000 being forced to pay $2,000 to billionaires. 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That’s pretty much how I see it myself.

I appreciate that the Pegulas bought the Bills and built a marvelous new training center and hired a GM and coach who seem to have turned the thing around.

But they are multi-billionaires with mansions and a yacht.  If they need $1.54 billion of taxpayer money as the price of keeping the team in Buffalo , Nuts.

Honestly if that's the Pegula stance they can all go to hell and take their Super Yacht with them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Judas Priest dude the Bills aren’t going anywhere. They’re staying in Buffalo, everyone on this board needs to calm down and relax.

I don’t think most of the posts (my own included) think the Bills are leaving. Most are offended by the gravity of the ask and the meaningless threat from Pegula. 

Do I think they’re going to leave? No. I think the state and the county should call their bluff. It is an absurd and disrespectful ask.

And if they call their bluff wrong? See ya later. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

I don’t think most of the posts (my own included) think the Bills are leaving. Most are offended by the gravity of the ask and the meaningless threat from Pegula. 

Do I think they’re going to leave? No. I think the state and the county should call their bluff. It is an absurd and disrespectful ask.

Also congrats on creating a huge distraction on this season.

Every single player is now going to be asked about this.

This will be constant noise in and around the team.

You wan to to create a toxic environment around the Bills like the Sabres, this is a good way to start. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

1.5 billion in a tax payer completely funded stadium that will sit vacant except 10 games a year plus playoffs is fiscal insanity.

Further economic destruction of NYS that just never ends if this happens.

The ask is ridiculous, but you’re blowing the amount of money involved way out of proportion. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I never understood why fans get upset about paying money for a sports team. It's one of the few things in life outside of family that I pay money on. 

I don't need to hear the economics of a stadium. When I spend money on the Bills I do it for my own pleasure, not the community. 

As for the Pegulas, they've spent billions already on western New York. 

I can almost guarantee you will be seeing PSL's for the Buffalo Bills with this stadium.  If you're looking for how that impacts the fans, that's it.  The cost of tickets will skyrocket...just ask Jets and Giants fans at their new home.  

As to the economics debate, I get that many fans don't want to talk about it...because they don't understand nor want to research this aspect to the debate.  Anyone has the right to stick their head in the ground and pretend nothing's wrong.  Still doesn't make sense from an economics and civics perspective for the State and local government to provide major funding to billionaires who, regardless of their local investment, don't strike me as very intelligent pro sports owners.  

EDIT:  Never has the phrase "panem et circenses" been more appropriate than now.  Works every time.   

Edited by BillsVet
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

No it won’t be see ya later. Because Terry would have to give up the Sabres, a million dollars says he isn’t giving up his dream team

Just now, CountDorkula said:

You wan to to create a toxic environment around the Bills like the Sabres, this is a good way to start. 

Why wouldnt they ask for all of it?  Didnt the state give Brandon 150 mil to upgrade the stadium 10 years ago or so?  1.5 bil is alot but the cost of doing business.  

6 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Just wait for the next power point? Who is the guy running the junior football camps? Bean should watch his back. The Bills are looking for the next Kevyn Adam’s. 

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But they are multi-billionaires with mansions and a yacht.  If they need $1.54 billion of taxpayer money as the price of keeping the team in Buffalo , Nuts.

It would be taxpayer money from the whole state, not just Erie County. Our tax dollars have gone to NYC infrastructure. NYC taxpayers will be okay if some of their tax dollars go to a new stadium in Orchard Park. Ideally by building a big new stadium you'll invite more events to Buffalo which in turn will bring business to Buffalo. It isn't a project that exclusively benefits the Pegulas. Infrastructure spending has trickle down benefits. I bet once the official deal is in place the average NYS taxpayer will barely notice a difference.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

No it won’t be see ya later. Because Terry would have to give up the Sabres, a million dollars says he isn’t giving up his dream team

Right. Which is why I lead with, “do I think they’re leaving? No”. And “if they call their bluff wrong? See ya later”.

As in I don’t think they’re going anywhere. It’s a terrible ask. But if the ask happens to be real, I’ll help them load the trucks. 

But yes, TP isn’t leaving. 

Edited by Mango

Meanwhile, the guys at WGR are off the hook planning shows this week

Sal's camp reports:

"Can't tell you who lined up where, who was 1st team, what plays were run, or what happened"

"Everyone practiced today. That's our camp report!"

Followed by 8 hours of furious Bills fans talking about this story.

Only real question is whether Schopp goes full heel here on the afternoon show. This story is tailor made for his radio character. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

This entire pandemic has resulted in a massive shift of money/real estate/equity from the middle class to the billionaire class… I can’t get too worked up about this.   At least in this scenario, we get a new football stadium. 

The developer class has very silently been its own special socio-economic group. It’s not nee. They just don’t try to hide it anymore. 

Can’t wait for the state to just give free money again to Savarino, Sinatra, Montante, Paladino, Ciminelli, etc. 

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

I can almost guarantee you will be seeing PSL's for the Buffalo Bills with this stadium.  If you're looking for how that impacts the fans, that's it.  The cost of tickets will skyrocket...just ask Jets and Giants fans at their new home.  

As to the economics debate, I get that many fans don't want to talk about it...because they don't understand nor want to research this aspect to the debate.  Anyone has the right to stick their head in the ground and pretend nothing's wrong.  Still doesn't make sense from an economics and civics perspective for the State and local government to provide major funding to billionaires who, regardless of their local investment, don't strike me as very intelligent pro sports owners.  

It’s tough for both sides really. The only places that make sense for these stadiums to be privately financed, have already been built. LA, NYC/NJ and Foxboro, all privately financed because their owners realise there is money to be made off of them outside of the NFL.

Add in they make even less sense now because you are competing against better TVs, cameras with all the angles and being able to relax in your home. 

20 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Me last night thinking the Bills will be Super Bowl contenders here for the next decade plus with Josh Allen as our quarterback.

Tommy-gets-whacked-in-Goodfellas.jpg?q=5

That was REALLY good. Possibly the best laugh I’ve ever had on here. 

• Like (+1) 1

The governor could use some good news. Meeting with Terry and Kim to work on a stadium might bolster his support in WNY.  There’s not a politician in this country above handing out other people’s money to buy some friends when their back is up against the wall.  That’s how the game is played.  If daycare is infrastructure, surely a football stadium is too....

🤔