EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Bills front office: We love you all so much!   Best fans in the world ❤️

Also Bills front office:  taxpayers, who are already being squeezed on multiple fronts, should foot the bill for a new stadium that we don’t need

Technically the NFL says they do need one and have been saying that since they bought the team 

• Like (+1) 2

100% (plus money for the Sabres) is obviously unrealistic. It's hard to look at that as a good position even to open negotiations. Would you list a regular house, valued at $200K, at $700K just to see how high of an offer you would get? 

Having said that, I suspect that the sources for the article were government sources who wanted to immediately make the Pegulas look bad, as part of their own negotiating tactic. The more they can fire up opposition the less leverage the Bills will have.

The team will have a hard time going about $300M of public contributions in this climate and that would need a really long commitment period.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

On 6/18/2021 at 7:40 PM, Bob in STL said:

Not sure there is a correct direction for every game.  ?? 

Part of the charm of “Rich Stadium” was the wind and it is a real advantage if the home team gets the right kickers and learns how to play there.  

There was one window in Bills history in the 90's where this was true. But we are kidding ourselves if we don't admit the negative effect those playing conditions had on every team without a QB named Josh or Jim.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

100% (plus money for the Sabres) is obviously unrealistic. It's hard to look at that as a good position even to open negotiations. Would you list a regular house, valued at $200K, at $700K just to see how high of an offer you would get? 

Having said that, I suspect that the sources for the article were government sources who wanted to immediately make the Pegulas look bad, as part of their own negotiating tactic. The more they can fire up opposition the less leverage the Bills will have.

The team will have a hard time going about $300M of public contributions in this climate and that would need a really long commitment period.

$300 million for public ownership of the Sabres ala Green Bay would work.

Don't trust anything reported on the negotiations. Both sides will leak things that they think strengthen their position in the public eye. The Bills will not leave Buffalo and eventually there will be a split of private and public funds to build the stadium. Until the final deal is announced everything else is just bluster.

• Like (+1) 9

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Oh Terry, Terry, Terry…

What are we gonna do with you Terry? 

between the Sabres disaster, eichel embarrassment…and now this?

Everyday he must be thankful Elway passed on JA17.  

my goodness.

If you're a Bills fan, at least pay attention. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Oh Terry, Terry, Terry…

What are we gonna do with you Terry? 

between the Sabres disaster, eichel embarrassment…and now this?

Everyday he must be thankful Elway passed on JA17.  

my goodness.

Eichel and the Sabres are the same thing. 

30 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

What does?

The sports firm representing Pegula will work with local government to put a tax hike on the ballot to fund the stadium. 

If it's voted down "The Sports firm" will theaten to leave Buffalo.

This same thing happened with Atlanta and San Diego. 

San Diego voters voted down the tax hike multiple times

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

As this is, as the article states, early stages… this seems like negotiation tactics. So I guess we know which side has released these little nuggets.

sure, negotiating tactics , but for your initial offer to be nothing is a total dick move.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Here's my only issue, there should be multiple designs, locations, and costs that the tax payer can vote on. 

I don't think this is something the fans should be involved in. Mostly not qualified to chime in and way too many opinions to get a consensus.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

sure, negotiating tactics , but for your initial offer to be nothing is a total dick move.

I mean this is how it plays out, nearly every time this happens. Also, currently the county owns 100% of the current stadium, wouldn’t that make sense where you start negotiations?

And all of this coming from an “anonymous” source “early” in negotiations. 

• Like (+1) 1