EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Playing  games away from Buffalo would make the franchise seem very bush league imo. It’s just not something NFL teams do while building a new stadium. 

Actually they have done that many times in the history of the league.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's not going to happen. 

Yeah, that's what many said about an open-air stadium too.

1 minute ago, Man with No Name said:

no roof is a mistake with the passing game we should have for the next dozen years

One could argue that having a strong-armed QB gives you an advantage in inclement weather. Regardless, you don't build a stadium around 1 player. Seattle's partially enclosed Lumen Field should be the model.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Play games at Penn State!?  WTF

Rather play in the Carrier Dome. 

The (no longer Carrier) Dome is too small and not up to NFL standards.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

If the new facility is on the same site, or even in one of the parking lots, which I suspect it will be, they will need to find a home for a couple years.

Build it in the bus lot.  Hardly anyone uses that now that they have the "no tailgating" rule for that lot. 

Just now, QCity said:

One could argue that having a strong-armed QB gives you an advantage in inclement weather. Regardless, you don't build a stadium around 1 player. Seattle's partially enclosed Lumen Field should be the model.

if it's closed enough to kill the wind, great. but no, a strong armed qb has a passing game built around them. a passing game doesn't work in garbage weather. it doesn't work for anybody. you run the risk of giving an advantage to teams built like the ravens, if they have an even slightly competent passing game. 

Presuming it is an open air stadium, that’s not a plan I agree with. Of course, nobody is asking me my opinion but a dome makes so much more sense for a 21st Century NFL team, especially the Bills given the weather and the type of Offense built around Allen. 

That said, of course I will ultimately support the team and hope I’m wrong and it works out better in the long-run. But rainy, cold fall games and snow burying the field, make me think I’m not…so we’ll see.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

if it's closed enough to kill the wind, great. but no, a strong armed qb has a passing game built around them. a passing game doesn't work in garbage weather. it doesn't work for anybody. you run the risk of giving an advantage to teams built like the ravens, if they have an even slightly competent passing game. 

While I don't think a future stadium should consider the current team's strengths in any way, you bring up an interesting point. I wonder if we can compare, for example, Jim Kelly's passing stats vs the opponents' QBs?

18 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

How do you feel he's played at the outdoor stadium so far?

1 minute ago, beerme1 said:

How do you feel he's played at the outdoor stadium so far?

He STINKS in Buffalo. Too much cold, snow and wind!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

Yeah Jim Kelly would disagree. There's a few QB's still playing right now that are going to the HoF that play in bad weather. It's not worth arguing this because you don't build $1B+ Stadium around the current strengths of the team. That's the major point here.

the nfl has changed dramatically since 1993. Build a stadium around current strengths? i say yes when you are talking about a franchise qb-- a position that guys play very well to 40+. That could be half the life of the stadium. 

And it's about January. Not 500 yard games from Sept to Nov. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, QCity said:

Money rules the world. Open air is cheaper but pointless. 

It's all politics. 

25 minutes ago, QCity said:

Money rules the world. Open air is cheaper but pointless. 

It's all politics. 

14 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

Build a stadium around current strengths? i say yes when you are talking about a franchise qb-- a position that guys play very well to 40+. That could be half the life of the stadium. 

Under this scenario Josh would be 29 yrs old when the stadium opens. I think it's a bit presumptuous to pencil him (or any player) in for playing into his 40s. A more realistic scenario is that he plays 5-7 years in the new stadium, or 10-15% of its' life. Of course, that's assuming he stays healthy and plays at a high level. I know most Bills fans don't want to think of this, but It is possible that by the time the stadium opens a passing attack is not our strength. This is why investing a billion dollars in a project that is 4 years out based on your current team strengths is folly.

And as many have stated above, Allen didn't see to have any issues last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

This sounds more to me like a tactic for negotiating with the city on the new downtown stadium. At least I hope it is.

Let the city know you are fine with staying in OP. And whip up some angry fans with the idea the team might have to play away from the city for a year (or TWO), because "well, we couldnt get a deal done downtown, so we have to move while we re-do the stadium in OP".

If they really are serious about an OP stadium, its a big mistake imo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

Presuming it is an open air stadium, that’s not a plan I agree with. Of course, nobody is asking me my opinion but a dome makes so much more sense for a 21st Century NFL team, especially the Bills given the weather and the type of Offense built around Allen. 

That said, of course I will ultimately support the team and hope I’m wrong and it works out better in the long-run. But rainy, cold fall games and snow burying the field, make me think I’m not…so we’ll see.

I understand this sentiment. But we have been, are and will be Buffalo. Onward, no matter what we get. 

• Agree 1