EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Those stadiums are amazing.  However, I worry about losing the personality of the Bills fans 

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are perfect examples of stadiums that I could nap in during overtime 

Eh..that can be overrated!  😁

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

This is bizarre. Why on Earth would they build a new stadium in Orchard Park, and why would it not have a retractable roof? How do you not go with a roof if you're building a new stadium? This is very strange. I think most people see a roof as a big part of the point of building a new stadium.

The sun issues in Miami because of the overhang are awful.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 1

IMO the cost of a new, somewhat modest outdoor facility there in Orchard Park would about = renovating without the restrictions of being bound to the existing structure.

Orchard Park makes the most sense, and I have been saying it for years because the infrastructure is there.  Downtown cannot handle Bills traffic.  It would be a nightmare and people would leave in the 3rd quarter every game.  Sabres games with 19K fans is a nightmare gridlock.  They would essentially have to find additional hundreds of millions to rebuild the Buffalo roadway and highway system (money that could go directly into a new orchard park facility).

Indoor/Outdoor.  I can see both sides.  I have been on the side of outdoor, but with a bit more wind/roof protection.  I get bored with the miscellaneous nature of indoor games.  Outdoor weather effects add to the majesty and individuality of games.  You recall a Bills game, you recall the score, a few plays, something that happened in the lot, and the weather.

Edited by May Day 10

3 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

If this were a legal case, with Goodell as the judge and Jones as an attorney, Jones would be asked to recuse himself due to a conflict of interest.

Why is that not happening now?

Let's just win the Super Bowl. Then this frilly stuff will take care of itself.

"Let's just win the Super Bowl. Then this frilly stuff will take care of itself."

this line right here 

be opposite of the movie win and we will come and build it :)

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t think swirling winds are an advantage for anyone.  We scored one offensive TD against the Ravens in that windy game.

They aren’t as much an advantage for our offense as they are our defense… the ravens all world kicker missed like 3 FGs

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, boater said:

Well the fix is in.

Jerry has wanted a new Bills stadium for a long time. He's been very vocal about it.

I have no hope that his firm will be objective. BOHICA.

Think he has any idea at this point that the team is not located in Northern New York?  That piece of info would be helpful for this consulting firm to know. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes the idea of PSL's suck. But in a way it's like a user fee. Why shouldn't people who go to Bills games share some of the cost of building the stadium? Financing will likely be a mix of private and public money. And PSL's can usually be spread over years.

I get why, but it doesnt mean I'm gonna play.

• Haha (+1) 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Bills select sports firm Legends to represent ownership in building new stadium in OP
4 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

If this were a legal case, with Goodell as the judge and Jones as an attorney, Jones would be asked to recuse himself due to a conflict of interest.

Why is that not happening now?

Let's just win the Super Bowl. Then this frilly stuff will take care of itself.

In a legal case he would be considered not of sound mind - not rational.

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025