EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Bills select the Jerry Jones-owned sports firm Legends to represent ownership in building new stadium
5 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

Wait...  We CAN have nice things???????

Yes like raised ticket prices and PSL fees.  I went thru this going from Giants Stadium to MetLife. At Giants Stadium everything cost me $1700. At MetLife its $3700. Nice things indeed. Enjoy the current stadium for as long as you can. New stadiums aren't worth the cost IMHO.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

If this were a legal case, with Goodell as the judge and Jones as an attorney, Jones would be asked to recuse himself due to a conflict of interest.

Why is that not happening now?

Let's just win the Super Bowl. Then this frilly stuff will take care of itself.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

If this were a legal case, with Goodell as the judge and Jones as an attorney, Jones would be asked to recuse himself due to a conflict of interest.

Unsure as to why you think like that.  Basically the Pegs are looking at the leading firm in the industry to assist them in making VERY important decisions.  AND he is having Steinbrenner assist.  In my book thats a win win.....sure beats trying to do it yourself.  Anyone is business will tell you bring in the experts to assist with the decision making process.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Why would they need to recuse themselves and what does winning the SB have to do with getting a new stadium?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The only way a new stadium is worth it is if it's built downtown and gets a ton of major concerts and events year round. Enjoy the relatively inexpensive tickets while you can. We will pay for the new stadium with increased ticket and concession costs, personal seat licenses, and higher taxes.

However, I think it would do wonders for Buffalo's economy and the shops and restaurants within a few miles of the stadium would thrive. Finding a parcel of land that large near downtown that also has the proper infrastructure is no easy task. With the cost of land reaching a peak right now, they may have to wait a few years for the housing market to die down or risk getting into a bidding war.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

Wait...  We CAN have nice things???????

not yet

7 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

The only way a new stadium is worth it is if it's built downtown and gets a ton of major concerts and events year round. Enjoy the relatively inexpensive tickets while you can. We will pay for the new stadium with increased ticket and concession costs, personal seat licenses, and higher taxes.

However, I think it would do wonders for Buffalo's economy and the shops and restaurants within a few miles of the stadium would thrive. Finding a parcel of land that large near downtown that also has the proper infrastructure is no easy task. With the cost of land reaching a peak right now, they may have to wait a few years for the housing market to die down or risk getting into a bidding war.

when would people go to these shops and restaurants?

• Like (+1) 1

Those stadiums are amazing.  However, I worry about losing the personality of the Bills fans 

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are perfect examples of stadiums that I could nap in during overtime 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

A new stadium wouldn't just effect people going to games in person it'd also allow for a fully updated system for the broadcast to use which would make things better for television viewers and I'd think make home Primetime games more likely.

• Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Yes like raised ticket prices and PSL fees.  I went thru this going from Giants Stadium to MetLife. At Giants Stadium everything cost me $1700. At MetLife its $3700. Nice things indeed. Enjoy the current stadium for as long as you can. New stadiums aren't worth the cost IMHO.

it’s alright, Bills fans are rolling in the dough

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

it’s alright, Bills fans are rolling in the dough

A lot of them will get priced out though. At Giants Stadium both the Jets and Giants had 78,000 season ticket holders as well as people on a waiting list. I think the Giants still sellout with season ticket holders but the Jets don't. They having been trying to sell seasons and individual tickets since MetLife opened.  Either people don't want to pay it or can't afford it. It sucks but that is the reality with new stadiums.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

A lot of them will get priced out though. At Giants Stadium both the Jets and Giants had 78,000 season ticket holders as well as people on a waiting list. I think the Giants still sellout with season ticket holders but the Jets don't. They having been trying to sell seasons and individual tickets since MetLife opened.  Either people don't want to pay it or can't afford it. It sucks but that is the reality with new stadiums.

He's joking as the greater Buffalo area is not one of the more affluent areas of the country.

35 minutes ago, Greg S said:

PSL Stadium had the Jets go from having a waiting list for season tickets to advertising that tickets are for sale

• Like (+1) 1