EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

48 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Open air didn't slow down Josh Allen and the record setting passing game last season, so I don't think it will going forward.

The K-Gun did fine too. The whole weather thing is totally overblown. Football is meant to be played in the elements. 

I also think that modern NFL players are less affected by it. Back in the day you used to see the Dolphins huddled in their coats shivering, almost putting on a show about how cold they were. You don't see that as much now. From time to time there's a particular player it seems to affect (Kirk Cousins, for example) but it's not the same as it was. 

I've said this before. Wind is the only weather issue with the current stadium

40 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

8/11 of the NFL MVP's since 2010 are QBs who played in cold climate cities:

2010 Tom Brady 

2011 Aaron Rodgers

2012 Adrian Peterson

2013 Peyton Manning (with Denver this year, best year of his career) 

2014 Aaron Rodgers 

2015 Cam Newton

2016 Matt Ryan

2017 Tom Brady 

2018 Patrick Mahomes (it gets pretty cold in Arrowhead in January)

2019 Lamar Jackson

2020 Aaron Rodgers 

The effect of winter weather is overstated. Weather adds to the atmosphere of the game. Imagine Lambeau field with an ugly, soulless dome..

I think that citing Lamar here is a bit misleading.  He didn't win MVP based on elite passing.  

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I just don't see the future unfolding the way you think it will, Roy.

I heard Schopp and Bulldog on the radio yesterday basically saying "who knows if there will even be football in 20 years,  what about fixing the schools?".

I think the long term viability of brick and mortar schools is AT LEAST in as much question as whether people will still be attending sporting events.     

The process of sport and stadium has a multi-thousand year head start over herd public educating.   You should remember that when you think people are just going to stop going to games.    Communitas.   That's why this site exists for chrissakes..........I would hope you've figured out why you come here by now.

Are we supposed to be impressed by your overuse now of the word "comminitas"?

Good for you, you listen to Schoop and Bulldog, I dont waste my time but i see how you can form your opinions.

Gee, thanks for "enlightening me", I figured out why i come here, to try and have an intellectually  honest debate which you are apparently  incapable of.  Bye Bye

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

8/11 of the NFL MVP's since 2010 are QBs who played in cold climate cities:

2010 Tom Brady 

2011 Aaron Rodgers

2012 Adrian Peterson

2013 Peyton Manning (with Denver this year, best year of his career) 

2014 Aaron Rodgers 

2015 Cam Newton

2016 Matt Ryan

2017 Tom Brady 

2018 Patrick Mahomes (it gets pretty cold in Arrowhead in January)

2019 Lamar Jackson

2020 Aaron Rodgers 

The effect of winter weather is overstated. Weather adds to the atmosphere of the game. Imagine Lambeau field with an ugly, soulless dome..

I  agree.

Winter weather is overstated, especially with the national mindset of how brutal WNY weather is.  You play half your games away and there are only a handful of winter weather days in WNY for Bill games.

Lambeau in a dome, when the Packers arent good games would be dreadful..

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Open air didn't slow down Josh Allen and the record setting passing game last season, so I don't think it will going forward.

The K-Gun did fine too. The whole weather thing is totally overblown. Football is meant to be played in the elements. 

I also think that modern NFL players are less affected by it. Back in the day you used to see the Dolphins huddled in their coats shivering, almost putting on a show about how cold they were. You don't see that as much now. From time to time there's a particular player it seems to affect (Kirk Cousins, for example) but it's not the same as it was. 

Modern day players have far superior winter weather gear, they dont need to dress up in heavy coats as they did 40 years ago.

Dome is dead.

Downtown was never for real.

Open air, tailgating, bright end-of-summer days, crisp fall days, blustery winter days in OP.

As it was, as it will be and as it should be.

Forever and ever.

Amen.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, nucci said:

I've said this before. Wind is the only weather issue with the current stadium

And That's why we got a quarterback who throws 60 miles an hour.. to cut it through the wind

Yeah Matt Barkleys arm might be effected.. Josh Allen might have one or two out of every 10 throws effected.. while the opposing QB has 5-6 effected

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Packers fans do that too. It's part of living in the Western New York community

And You get free tickets to the game.. it's win win

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

OP is not the right location for the new stadium; it is beyond obvious that it should be in the city, which is why it won't happen.  

👎

I can see why it's not going downtown. 

Especially with what's going on in the city rn

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder how many of the “it will be the end of the world if they build a dome”, if given the opportunity, would pay full price to attend both regular season games next January, or any games where the weather is somewhere between bad and terrible?

I would venture an uneducated guess and say the majority would be in their living rooms on those days. 😂

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And That's why we got a quarterback who throws 60 miles an hour.. to cut it through the wind

Yeah Matt Barkleys arm might be effected.. Josh Allen might have one or two out of every 10 throws effected.. while the opposing QB has 5-6 effected

Packers fans do that too. It's part of living in the Western New York community

And You get free tickets to the game.. it's win win

I can see why it's not going downtown. 

Especially with what's going on in the city rn

I wouldn’t worry about that too much.

• Haha (+1) 1