LeSean McCoy Remembering his Buffalo Days

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/16/lesean-mccoy-buffalo-bills-shoutout-josh-allen/

shadymccoy

Verified

My Buffalo days it was COLD but it was GREAT 💯💯💯 .. a lot of teammates but made a lot of good friends … @tytaylor @68incognito @taiwanjones @jerzeystar @shaqlawson @jfelton42 @iam_jerryhughesjr @ewood70 @lorenzo_john my young boy who I warned y’all about @joshallenqb @mmurphy.23 @rayraymccloudiii @charlesclay42 @sammywatkins @jwillpart2 @robertw10ds @ejmanuel3 @bumpnrungilmore (the rest got weird ig names and I can’t find y’all 😂😂) #memorylane #TEAMMATES #buffaloDAYS

I definitely enjoyed watching McCoy while he was here. The one game I remember vividly was the Browns game in 2016 when I ran right through the Browns. He got hurt and I thought he was out for the game. He came back the next series and continued to ball

Edited by Protocal69
  • Like (+1) 17
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Shady is a really good dude and was a great teammate when he was in B’lo.  He still had some juice the first couple of years and was so fun to watch.  He got traded to what was then football Siberia but he truly made the most of it and was a consummate professional.  Mad respect for Shady most definitely.

There’s that famous picture (my personal favorite) of Josh Allen looking like an old west gunslinger as he’s walking out of the tunnel down in Miami his rookie year in the all white uni’s with that look like he knew he was about to take his place in Bills history (you all know the one I’m talking about).  Shady is prominent in the background of that shot and will live on as a Buffalo Bill forever in that picture, if nothing else.  To me It even kind of looks like McCoy is watching JA swagger on down to the field saying “Damn that boy is going to be really good!”  He didn’t get much time in the real Josh Allen era but anytime that picture is shown, #25 gets his moment again as well.

side reduced josh allen best pic rookie miami game.jpg

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts
  • Like (+1) 21
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

McCoy is a footnote. Huge paycheck, minor irritations, 1 trick pony running style, ineffective blocker, on the way down. 

Not even as effective as Riddick, Davis, Lynch, McGahee, Spiller, Gore, Henry in his time here. 

A total waste of money which should gave been spent on important positions. 

IMHO.🤔

• Vomit 13
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 15
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 18

4 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

McCoy is a footnote. Huge paycheck, minor irritations, 1 trick pony running style, ineffective blocker, on the way down. 

Not even as effective as Riddick, Davis, Lynch, McGahee, Spiller, Gore, Henry in his time here. 

IMHO.🤔

image.png.7f16d1c78e7d7ed3e99c39c9aa0bfe0c.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 30
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

IMHO.🤔

I bet you’re fun at parties. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

IMHO.🤔

I can’t believe the lack of respect on this board for Shady.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Shady made a handful of plays during his time in Buffalo that were borderline unbelievable. One of the most elusive runners I’ve ever watched.

The first part of your post is true, the second part is very odd considering your screen name is Juice 32. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Leave the poster alone, he’s either having a stroke or his mom didn’t give him the full allowance this week 

Or he's Canadian

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Shady made a handful of plays during his time in Buffalo that were borderline unbelievable. One of the most elusive runners I’ve ever watched.

Yup ... I recall a 3rd and 20-something against SF a few years ago when he zigzagged about 40 yards total to just pick up the first down; an unbelievable scamper. I think they called the run just to surrender and get into better punt position, but Shady was determined to get to the marker. The guy just played hard here. He was also much better at blitz pick-up than people give him credit for. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

IMHO.🤔

Do you ever get tired of making these bull#### posts

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

I can’t believe the lack of respect on this board for Shady.

You can narrow that down to the guy near the falls…, 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He bought into Buffalo more than I think most people expected him to. He was a part of the drought breaking team and that group, despite not being the most talented, will be remembered. 

Actually,  the Bills bought into getting Shady to buy into Buffalo.

Tearing up his existing Philadelphia deal and adding like $25M in guaranteed money.

And then...........in a move I've never seen before or since..........McBeane gave him a $2M bonus in the summer of 2017 to buy his loyalty.

In return Buffalo got a disappointing first season...........an excellent season in an offense that inflated rushing stats...........and then a well below league average ypc performance in 2017.    Not even going to go into 2018.     

So they paid an average of well over $10M per year for one exceptional season.

One can't criticize Whaley and his handling of the salary cap and say that McCoy was a good acquisition without being utterly hypocritical.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

IMHO.🤔

Shocking this is from you. I'm utterly surprised and disappointed. You're so positive around here.

Crazy to watch highlights from that time and see how completely one-dimensional that offense was. McCoy was the entire offense, and even though the defense knew that was the case they were still able to move the ball pretty well. Guy was an incredible talent. Holy s*** could you imagine adding that McCoy to the bills offense today?

Edited by pigpen65
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1