Mayor of Chicago from the top rope on the consideration of moving the Bears stadium to the suburbs

Frankly it’s good to hear a Mayor anywhere in America tell a football team owner to shove it, needs to happen way more often to all corporate entities. 

• Like (+1) 19
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am trying to figure out what your thread title means 

Lightfoot is correct though. Only an inept owner would move the stadium from it's current location to Arlington Park. The Bears should have done a better job of posturing.

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I am trying to figure out what your thread title means 

Lightfoot is correct though. Only an inept owner would move the stadium from it's current location to Arlington Park. The Bears should have done a better job of posturing.

From the Urban dictionary:

top rope

going top rope comes from wrestling - it means completely demolish or eradicate with vigor -

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

"Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I guess I’m in the minority, but the Bears outside of that year with Grossman where they lost to the Colts haven’t really been that relevant since the 80’s.  She’s pretty much saying what fans are thinking.  I know she should be above calling them out, but she’s standing her ground.  I can’t remember the figure, but I thought it was over $500 mil. Invested in Soldier Field upgrades.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, klos63 said:

Do you have a reason to insult her?

It was meant as a general criticism of mayor issues regarding Chicago and should be addressed in a PPP topic, which in fact it has, often regarding her.

Edited by I am the egg man

10 hours ago, PokeForLife said:

"Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!! Beat the Packers, Finally!!"

You beat me to it.  Well played!

It’s funny, in a sad way, but not surprising to see corporate worshipers take the side against the citizens of Chicago, just can’t wrap my mind around ball washing the one percenters …,

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1