McDermott flies with the Angels

The Wiz

16 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Got a call from a friend that was at the air base. Said mcdermott just went up with the angels. I look out my window and they flew by.  Love seeing the Blue Angels. 

It is cool to see these planes "play" around up there.  I'm just south of Tampa and they are "playing" over the bay A LOT!  Fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

It is cool to see these planes "play" around up there.  I'm just south of Tampa and they are "playing" over the bay A LOT!  Fun to watch.

I don't live too far from the air base in Niagara falls. Most of the time it's just the refueling or cargo planes but when the fighter jets come out it's a real treat. We sit in the pool and watch the air show

• Like (+1) 1

This would be an interesting exercise under some of the previous organizational hierarchies.

"Meh.  That all it does?"

"I'll just wear this Clemson helmet.  Will my brother fit?"

"Where else would I rather be than right here right now?!"

"Whoo-whee!"

"Does the Navy still have WAVES?"

"People are not meant to pull 6Gs.  This was Nix's idea."

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Blue Angels are going a show over Late Erie this weekend.

Weather permitting, each year Annapolis is fortunate to have two shows (practice and official) during Naval Academy Commissioning Week. It never gets old. 

• Like (+1) 1

Love that he did that and the respect he clearly shared with the BA team. 

I tried desperately to get a shoot and recovery off of my carrier…alas, never got it. Glad McD got the chance to have this experience: he’ll never forget it. 

51 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Love that he did that and the respect he clearly shared with the BA team. 

I tried desperately to get a shoot and recovery off of my carrier…alas, never got it. Glad McD got the chance to have this experience: he’ll never forget it. 

I did it 312 times.

These VIP things they do with Blue Angel 7 are pretty calm events, but still a nice way to spend an hour on a beautiful afternoon.

You can clearly see his anxiety at the beginning, and his pleasure having done so at the end.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I don't live too far from the air base in Niagara falls. Most of the time it's just the refueling or cargo planes but when the fighter jets come out it's a real treat. We sit in the pool and watch the air show

Yup - same here only McDill AFB......those free shows are a treat!!!  Fun to watch those big ole C130 lumbering around up there too!

• Like (+1) 1

I'm curious if mcd passed out on that last maneuver where he said almost 7gs.

Just the fact the pilot is talking while they are doing 4gs and mcd had that grimace on his face is crazy to think about the training they must go through. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1