Louis Riddick on NFL Live said the AFC was top heavy

I have lots of questions with the Titans. They ran nearly half their plays with two or less WR. I get that they have two great ones but they have lost the TE threat that was so critical to running 12. I don’t know if I trust tannehill to win with 3 WR sets. Can they make their offense work after gaining julio but losing their OC a top 10 TE and a slightly above average WR2?  Obviously that defense is terrible. They can compete for their division but Im not super worried if we see them in the playoffs. Last years game was a very strange situation. 

• Agree 1

My top 6 for 2021

Chiefs

Bills

Browns

Chargers

Ravens

Titans

Chargers lost a lot of close games and may have the third best QB in the AFC. Browns have a pass rush and improved their secondary.  Roethlisberger is shot. Colts best player is a guard.  Miami chose the wrong QB and despite a good roster will struggle to get to 7 wins with Tua.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ravens > Browns until they can beat them

titans > ravens with addition of Julio 

I agree with the titans > Ravens, but I’d put cleveland ahead of the ravens.  Browns and titans are a closer comp to me, but I’d give it the the browns right now because I think they’re better on paper.  I realize paper means nothing, but it’s usually the biggest factor when I make my preseason rankings.    

I feel that losing Ngakoue and Judson and replacing them with Bowser and McPhee could have a big effect on their D.  Maybe oweh or Jaylon ferguson can show out and fill the void, but as of now.  

Maybe the addition of Bateman, Watkins and tylan wallace can open up the ravens passing game and give it a dimension they were sorely lacking last year.  If it does and Lamar can progress,  they’ll be a very tough out.  I feel that the ravens’ and bills’ seasons ended in similar fashion.  Being too one dimensional on O.  We completely sold out to stop the ravens run and they couldn’t score TDs.  The chiefs totally sold out to stop our pass and we couldn’t score TDs.  Both of our coaching staffs were unable to mount a proper counter attack.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

The Colts are the 3rd best team in the conference and get zero love. 

I guess because Wentz is a question mark… but they’re one of the best run organizations in sports right now.

You “Guess”?  They were 3rd best with a future HOFer @ QB last year. Wentz? Nothing of the sort.🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Idk man. Did you watch the Chiefs v. Browns playoff game? They almost had them and sent Mahomes on a trajectory that essentially handed the Bucs the Super Bowl IMO. They worry me more than the Ravens. Lamar is trash, Baker is good more often than bad, and their RB and WR core are really scary.

Rewatch the game.

• Like (+1) 1

To me I break it out into tiers.

Elite - Bills and KC

Secondary contenders - Ravens, Browns and Titans

Mid Level Teams - Colts, Miami, Chargers, Steelers and Pats.

Non factors - Jets, Texans, Jags, Raiders, Bengals and Broncos 

The Bills and KC are the two top teams while the Ravens, Browns and Titans are the other contenders. Then you have the Mid-level teams that could make the playoffs and even win a game but just aren’t there yet. 

Then there are the non-factors that are a year away generously. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, BubbaT said:

They should have stuck Indy in there somewhere too. I like their team and expect Wentz to enjoy Frank Reich's coaching and the Indy weapons and O line a LOT more than he did Philly's

It really depends 100% on Wentz.  He’s looked good although reckless getting hurt when he was under Rich in Philly.  He looked terrible after Reich.  So if he is not reckless and is playing like he did under Reich then yes, I would put them over Pittsburgh.  The four they mentioned plus the Titans, Colts, and Steelers basically makes up the playoffs is my best guess.

I don’t see the Dolphins, Patriots, Raiders, or Chargers surpassing the above 7 to make it in as a wildcard.

7 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

I have lots of questions with the Titans. They ran nearly half their plays with two or less WR. I get that they have two great ones but they have lost the TE threat that was so critical to running 12. I don’t know if I trust tannehill to win with 3 WR sets. Can they make their offense work after gaining julio but losing their OC a top 10 TE and a slightly above average WR2?  Obviously that defense is terrible. They can compete for their division but Im not super worried if we see them in the playoffs. Last years game was a very strange situation. 

And that is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!  The Bills got screwed blued and tattooed by the NFL on that game......

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

You “Guess”?  They were 3rd best with a future HOFer @ QB last year. Wentz? Nothing of the sort.🤦‍♂️

I think Wentz’s collapse is overblown and a product of a poor environment. Reich has show himself to be a steadying hand. Wentz is far more dynamic than Rivers is and in my opinion that was the element they were lacking against us last year. 

I don’t think the gap between Wentz, Mayfield and Jackson is all that big. 

10 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

I wouldn’t sleep on the Steelers.  They were close to taking that game over against us in the first half.  

If Ben can remain decent then yes I wouldn't count them out either. There were times where he looked like Peyton did when he was in his last year. We all remember what Manning looked like at the end. Lucky he had a fantastic D to get him his second ring. As for the Bills step one is win the division. The Fins and Pats could present problems if ( A BIG IF) they get decent QB production. But I don't get the hype with Tua and I have a feeling Jones may be starting at some point as Cam is not the same player anymore.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Rivers is probably a HOF QB, but he was playing his last NFL game because he was was shot.  He had no arm strength or ability to throw deep. And we won by 3.  I literally joked in the 2nd quarter “Oh my god, we’re going to lose this game on a 35 yard Rivers Hail Mary.”  Needless to say I heard about that for the whole second half.  (I’m not supposed to speak during games now as that was not an isolated incident.)

But I said 35 yards because of how weak Rivers’ arm had gotten.  On the final play he let go a Hail Mary, but the LOS was on about the 47 and he couldn’t make it to the end zone.  That game might’ve been very different if Indy had fielded a decent, fully functional QB that day.  They deserve to be in the conversation this season - with an asterisk on QB. 

10 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think Wentz’s collapse is overblown and a product of a poor environment. Reich has show himself to be a steadying hand. Wentz is far more dynamic than Rivers is and in my opinion that was the element they were lacking against us last year. 

I don’t think the gap between Wentz, Mayfield and Jackson is all that big. 

The issue with Wentz is that he is trash under pressure - and that he often brings it on himself by holding the ball too long.  idk if Reich can fix that or not.  Indy is an otherwise quality team. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

My top 6 for 2021

Chiefs

Bills

Browns

Chargers

Ravens

Titans

Chargers lost a lot of close games and may have the third best QB in the AFC. Browns have a pass rush and improved their secondary.  Roethlisberger is shot. Colts best player is a guard.  Miami chose the wrong QB and despite a good roster will struggle to get to 7 wins with Tua.

Exactly. I’m not sure how you leave the Chargers out of the conversation of top 4-5. Watching them vs KC twice this year is going to be fun. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Exactly. I’m not sure how you leave the Chargers out of the conversation of top 4-5. Watching them vs KC twice this year is going to be fun. 

If last season is any indication then the Chargers hit a HR with Justin Herbert as their QB. He is an exciting player to watch and will probably develop into one of the best QB's in the game.