Best NFL players on rookie deals that need to be re signed

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

$1 million a year from the Bills, $44 million a year from Gatorade/Nike/Wheaties.

Its possible right?

1 mill from the bills 

44 million a year from pegula's offshore untaxable trust fund 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-season-12-players-on-rookie-deals-whose-teams-should-never-let-them-go

Our very own Josh Allen 

This is why patience is a virtue. Why 17 pitifully long seasons are worth it 

Because that patience got us the Superstar named Josh Allen.. at the most important position in all sports

Thanks for the post and Allen deserves that.......it's fun having a great young QB.

But getting a star young QB had nothing to do with patience.

Patience did cause them to miss on SB champions and future HOF'ers like Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes, though.

So let's not create any false narrative that it had anything to do with patience.

When the Bills finally made a playoff appearance in 2017........despite the better part of two decades drafting in the top half of each round..........the only one of their first round picks they had on the field that day was the most recent one.......Tre White.

The lesson to be learned from those 17 seasons was probably that the most overrated asset in the NFL is a first round pick NOT used on a QB when you don't have a franchise QB.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Thanks for the post and Allen deserves that.......it's fun having a great young QB.

Patience did cause them to miss on SB champions and future HOF'ers like Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes, though.

So let's not create any false narrative that it had anything to do with patience.

When the Bills finally made a playoff appearance in 2017........despite the better part of two decades drafting in the top half of each round..........the only one of their first round picks they had on the field that day was the most recent one.......Tre White.

The lesson to be learned from those 17 seasons was probably that the most overrated asset in the NFL is a first round pick NOT used on a QB when you don't have a franchise QB.    

I'm saying having the patience to wait through 17 years of trash to get Josh Allen will be worth it and it's already reaping some benefits 

The Bills fan base deserves a kid with this type of talent .. through thick and thin the fans have stayed the path

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm saying having the patience to wait through 17 years of trash to get Josh Allen will be worth it and it's already reaping some benefits 

The Bills fan base deserves a kid with this type of talent .. through thick and thin the fans have stayed the path

I mean........some fans like @eball didn't stay the path and dropped their season tickets etc............but for most of us,  did we really have much of a choice?

I get that you are trying to give props to the fanbase.........and we definitely deserve it.........but patience is absolutely not a virtue when it comes to getting a QB and not all of us were lucky enough to survive the drought and see the team FINALLY get back to contender status again.    

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I mean........some fans like @eball didn't stay the path and dropped their season tickets etc............but for most of us,  did we really have much of a choice?

I get that you are trying to give props to the fanbase.........and we definitely deserve it.........but patience is absolutely not a virtue when it comes to getting a QB and not all of us were lucky enough to survive the drought and see the team FINALLY get back to contender status again.    

So this is what it has come down to…BADOL dropping my name into a post to imply I’m not as “good” a fan as he is.  Truly hilarious.  You need help, dude.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

That article was kinda sobering.  I sure hope JA17 doesn't have a "down" season like Lamar did last year, MVP to basically a bit above average.....THAT would sux.  Not that I think he will, but you just never know.  Even a bit above average will be MUCH better that the Bills have had in a long long time.  If the upward trajectory for JA17 continues the Bills will be looking at a very good season this year.  VERY good.....here is hoping it ALL comes together for the Bills this year.

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't think you get whose patience im talking about lol I'm not saying we got Josh Allen because we sucked for 17 years and he's the gift

It took a lot of patience for the fans and the City of Buffalo to go through the drought.. you absolutely had a choice 

I know tons and tons and tons of people who will never watch another Bills game because of that period.. do you live in Buffalo? It turned a lot of people jaded against the Buffalo Bills

But the fan that had patience and stuck it out are going to be rewarded. I think it's pretty simple

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

Baker just said this week he is "no hurry" to get his new deal done.

I think that means the 3 guys who panned out from the class of '18 (Mayfield, Allen, Jackson) are all waiting to see who flinches first, so they can be last and get the most money of the 3.

Might be a while until we see the deal done.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Baker just said this week he is "no hurry" to get his new deal done.

I think that means the 3 guys who panned out from the class of '18 (Mayfield, Allen, Jackson) are all waiting to see who flinches first, so they can be last and get the most money of the 3.

Might be a while until we see the deal done.

Tom Brady has taken team friendly deals for 20 years 

And it's helped him win 7 SBs because he could have a team built around him

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Tom Brady has taken team friendly deals for 20 years 

And it's helped him win 7 SBs because he could have a team built around him

Cool story, bro? :)

But also, not really.

He took some team friendlier deals later on in his career (the 2nd decade) after he already made $100M+ and the team was cheating by paying for his TB12 stuff on the side.

But his first contract after his rookie deal wasnt under value. It was more than Peyton Manning was making, more than Drew Brees was making, and more than Romo was making.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Cool story, bro? :)

But also, not really.

He took some team friendlier deals later on in his career (the 2nd decade) after he already made $100M+ and the team was cheating by paying for his TB12 stuff on the side.

But his first contract after his rookie deal wasnt under value. It was more than Peyton Manning was making, more than Drew Brees was making, and more than Romo was making.

It was more than Peyton Manning was making cuz Peyton was on a 6 year rookie deal

Brady signed his first deal after his rookie deal in 2002 ..  Manning didn't sign till 2004

He got double what Tom Brady did. Brady's deal was a steal 

Screenshot_20210617-151138.png

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

It was more than Peyton Manning was making cuz Peyton was on a 6 year rookie deal

Brady signed his first deal after his rookie deal in 2002 ..  Manning didn't sign till 2004

Manning signed to double after his rookie deal

Screenshot_20210617-151308.png

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well, send that screenshot to Josh and see what he thinks? 🤷‍♂️

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Well, send that screenshot to Josh and see what he thinks? 🤷‍♂️

Hahah Josh should get as much as he can get because you only play football once in your life

But it might be wise to keep on the back burner, that saving a couple million could help your team

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think you get whose patience im talking about lol I'm not saying we got Josh Allen because we sucked for 17 years and he's the gift

It took a lot of patience for the fans and the City of Buffalo to go through the drought.. you absolutely had a choice 

I know tons and tons and tons of people who will never watch another Bills game because of that period.. do you live in Buffalo? It turned a lot of people jaded against the Buffalo Bills

The drought did damage, that's for sure.    And much of it was the kinda' damage only having a superstar QB could fix.    I mean,  if the team had picked up a journeyman QB and made a surprising one-and-done run to a SB victory like Philly a few years ago it wouldn't have generated the kind of interest that having a star young QB on what looks like a regular playoff contender does.    As much as we focus on the end goal of winning the SB........the journey with a great young QB in tow is actually a lot more compelling to the fanbase. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/17/2021 at 1:16 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

Hell must be freezing over…..

I actually agree with everything you said in this post.

Perhaps i need medicine ….. quickly….

• Haha (+1) 1