Uniform releases to happen after 1 July

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I think the NFL is trying to avoid what is going on in college. Which is fair. I think most college football jerseys are trash. At least most of the wild iterations. For whatever reason most of the camo prints and chrome helmets look bad. Football has had a tough time making uniforms look cool.

I generally like some traditionalism when it comes to uniforms, as in your uniform is your uniform, and it shouldn't change regularly or have a million variations. But honestly, I like A LOT of the NBA gear. Most jerseys are cool, teams have a bunch of them, and I never feel like anything is lost. If the NFL were to go down that road, they have to make sure they are hitting on a high percentage of teams jerseys or else it will look stupid. 

Completely agree.

Oregon ruined everything. There is nothing wrong with traditional uniforms. Thank goodness a good amount of teams stay with their traditional uniforms. Penn State, Alabama, Texas, Michigan, Notre Dame, Louisiana State, Iowa.

The chrome helmets look terrible, and whenever Duke, Stanford or Oklahoma State where black, it looks lame.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Completely agree.

Oregon ruined everything. There is nothing wrong with traditional uniforms. Thank goodness a good amount of teams stay with their traditional uniforms. Penn State, Alabama, Texas, Michigan, Notre Dame, Louisiana State, Iowa.

The chrome helmets look terrible, and whenever Duke, Stanford or Oklahoma State where black, it looks lame.

I actually done mind a lot of the black unis. A bunch look pretty cool. I think OSU does an alright job with them. Stanford should be cool, but it’s not. Duke blows. 

There is just something about football gear that inherently has less swagger or “drip” as the kiddos on the internet call it today. Maybe it’s the bulky pads, or the amount of equipment? Or the jersey pants, socks, helmet? Maybe there are just too many things that are part of the uniform? 

But like I said, the NBA does a TON of cool gear. And teams have multiple

cool jerseys. I don’t get why football misses. I feel like hockey misses a lot too. But the NHL sometimes does that to themselves. Like how did the Sabres totally whiff on the opportunity to do the Buffalo head jersey in blue and gold?

1 minute ago, Arkady Renko said:

Remember the good old days when Donahoe's uniform change was leaked ahead of time in Madden screen shots showing the Bills top draft pick, Mike Williams?

And I'm such a tool that I tried to convince myself I liked the uniforms.  I want to slap that version of me upside the head.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I actually done mind a lot of the black unis. A bunch look pretty cool. I think OSU does an alright job with them. Stanford should be cool, but it’s not. Duke blows. 

There is just something about football gear that inherently has less swagger or “drip” as the kiddos on the internet call it today. Maybe it’s the bulky pads, or the amount of equipment? Or the jersey pants, socks, helmet? Maybe there are just too many things that are part of the uniform? 

But like I said, the NBA does a TON of cool gear. And teams have multiple

cool jerseys. I don’t get why football misses. I feel like hockey misses a lot too. But the NHL sometimes does that to themselves. Like how did the Sabres totally whiff on the opportunity to do the Buffalo head jersey in blue and gold?

That is correct.

NBA just has to do a tank top and shorts. Easy to do, and a lot more wiggle room with crazy designs.

NFL... the helmet alone is major. Then the jerseys, which are not only full shirts, but puffed up even bigger with pads. And they tie into the pants...

A lot to coordinate. And if even one part of one piece is off, the whole thing looks stupid.

Side note, sorry @Mark Vader, but while I too love the simple classics, I like that Oregon and other teams experiment and push the envelope. It's all entertainment anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mango said:

Like come on NZ and AUS, just drop the union jack and be yourselves. Everything you do just oozes all black or green/yellow. Just have a flag that reps that. You are not a colony anymore. 

I'm with ya.

We (New Zealand) had a chance to change our flag a few years ago, but wound up leaving it as is. 

I have a feeling that when the Queen passes away, we'll make a push to leave the Commonwealth, and when that happens we'll come up with a new flag.  I personally think it needs to be a black flag with a silver fern on it.  That's really how the rest of the world already identifies us.  (Or maybe a black flag with the Eye-of-Sauron on it!)

As far as the Bills unis go... I 100% love our current uniforms but would also love to see the 90's uniforms being brought back once a year.  Do that instead of those stupid Color Rush ones.

Let's go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Mango said:

Re: the red helmets, I am “meh” on it. I think the team was so mediocre to bad for so long after the 90’s that people want to go back to that time. Not that those helmets actually look better. 

I think the current uniform iteration is probably the best it’s ever been for the Bills. 

They’ve been terrible in the red helmets too.  Historically terrible.  Just thought someone should mention that.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Completely agree.

I like Oregon’s unis most of the time. The problem is most of the other teams decided they needed to copy Oregon.

In person those chrome lids are 🔥🔥

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/17/2021 at 8:01 AM, Greg S said:

I don't hate the red helmets and the uniforms the Bills had during the SB years were nice. Its just that the white helmet is nicer. The charging Buffalo stands out more on the white helmet. The only thing I hate about the Bills uniforms are the all blues (they look like Ball State) and the all reds. Every other look is nice.

I think you meant Boise State. Ball State wears red and black.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/16/2021 at 8:22 PM, Mango said:

I actually saw the Bills logo the other day where they swapped the red stripe for the Zubaz pattern. It looked pretty good. 

There is probably a cool way to do something with the jersey stripes that aren’t as awesome/obnoxious as the full pants. It would be dope if the sleeves and long sleeves that the players wear were zubaz print. 

Yeah, i remember seeing a guy wearing a suit with zubaz lapels (not an entire zubaz suit), and i thought it looked neat.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/16/2021 at 3:45 PM, UConn James said:

A tidbit on the UniWatch page today has a quote from the Rams COO Kevin Demoff revealing that there is a league rule that prevents teams from showcasing new uniforms — unless it is a complete redesign for all team unis, where they traditionally are showed near the NFL Draft — until after 1 July.

So if any team is going to have a new alternate or throwback, as the Browns & 49ers have been heavily rumored to have developed, it comes a little later.

There’d been rumors of the one-shell rule for helmets ending this season, which would create many more opportunities for throwbacks, but so far there’s been nothing official. Once it does end, it’d be great to see the ‘90s throwback for a game or two a year… taking the place of the red ketchup bottle Color Rush set. With the league adding more games, it seems worthy to slightly increase the number of uni choices, especially for throwback options.

As for the Rams debuting a new alt, let’s just hope for something without gradients and off-white / “Bone.” 

03D3CB27-7BDD-4BA3-8437-FE8CBDCAD965.jpeg

Thank god. I think the Rams had awesome uniforms while they were still in STL but now I think that gradient yellow and bright blue just look awful. Idk if they are the worst unis in the NFL but it's close.

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

Thank god. I think the Rams had awesome uniforms while they were still in STL but now I think that gradient yellow and bright blue just look awful. Idk if they are the worst unis in the NFL but it's close.

Their worst kit is the "bone" colored unis.  They look like the laundry staff forgot to do the whites.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 6/17/2021 at 11:32 AM, chongli said:

and

The red helmets were named eighth ugliest uniform ever in the NFL by Bleach Report:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/889500-the-top-27-ugliest-uniforms-in-nfl-history

"Buffalo Bills Red Helmet Era

8 OF 27

The Bills made the switch from white helmets to red helmets in 1984.  Something about adding a red helmet to that uniform just makes it look worse. "

There are more than a few others here who would respectfully disagree with Bleacher Report’s tabloid worthy subjective takes as to our unis. Personally loved the red helmets, but I wouldn’t want them paired with all red color rush by any means. Am hoping we can get a throwback uni that incorporates the red helmets for at least a game or 2 this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

There are more than a few others here who would respectfully disagree with Bleacher Report’s tabloid worthy subjective takes as to our unis. Personally loved the red helmets, but I wouldn’t want them paired with all red color rush by any means. Am hoping we can get a throwback uni that incorporates the red helmets for at least a game or 2 this year. 

I prefer the white helmets over the red but when the Bills did have the red helmets I thought they looked sharp when wearing white over blue.

download.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/16/2021 at 5:17 PM, Mango said:

Re: the red helmets, I am “meh” on it. I think the team was so mediocre to bad for so long after the 90’s that people want to go back to that time. Not that those helmets actually look better. 

I think the current uniform iteration is probably the best it’s ever been for the Bills. 

Would look cool with the red on red color rush

On 6/16/2021 at 7:17 PM, Mango said:

I dunno, the Red helmets from the 90's before the crappy new uniform redesign were great. I always appreciated having helmets that weren't white like the classic Pats, Jets & Dolphins helmets. Easier for me to makeout our team vs the opponent as a kid. 

White always felt boring. Then again, I was a very artistic/visual kid, and the entire reason I grew up cheering for the Bills was because of their helmet & logo. It was THAT cool to me as a 5 year old growing up in Virginia watching their first game (Redskins vs Bills Superbowl). I could not understand how my family all rooted for the Redskins with that ugly looking logo & ugly colors. 

Then I got hooked to football & the Bills, basically obsessed. By the time the next season rolled around, I knew every player, had thousands of cards, and my bedroom was painted in Bills colors with Bills posters lol. 

Long story short, that Red helmet + Logo sold a small child on the Bills. I stood out like a sore thumb in a sea of skins fans, but damn I thought the Bills were cool.:)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 6/17/2021 at 11:32 AM, chongli said:

and

The red helmets were named eighth ugliest uniform ever in the NFL by Bleach Report:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/889500-the-top-27-ugliest-uniforms-in-nfl-history

"Buffalo Bills Red Helmet Era

8 OF 27

The Bills made the switch from white helmets to red helmets in 1984.  Something about adding a red helmet to that uniform just makes it look worse. "

with rationale like "I dont like the color orange" for Miami's uniforms, how can we not trust this guy's opinion?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1