Uniform releases to happen after 1 July

A tidbit on the UniWatch page today has a quote from the Rams COO Kevin Demoff revealing that there is a league rule that prevents teams from showcasing new uniforms — unless it is a complete redesign for all team unis, where they traditionally are showed near the NFL Draft — until after 1 July.

So if any team is going to have a new alternate or throwback, as the Browns & 49ers have been heavily rumored to have developed, it comes a little later.

There’d been rumors of the one-shell rule for helmets ending this season, which would create many more opportunities for throwbacks, but so far there’s been nothing official. Once it does end, it’d be great to see the ‘90s throwback for a game or two a year… taking the place of the red ketchup bottle Color Rush set. With the league adding more games, it seems worthy to slightly increase the number of uni choices, especially for throwback options.

As for the Rams debuting a new alt, let’s just hope for something without gradients and off-white / “Bone.” 

03D3CB27-7BDD-4BA3-8437-FE8CBDCAD965.jpeg

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Thanks. I really hope the helmet restriction is lifted. Heard they were debating it a while back but haven’t heard any news on a decision.

If they do they need to do a lot more checking of helmets - both for safety and because radios have been turned on late in GOAT Cheater stadium.

• Like (+1) 2

Re: the red helmets, I am “meh” on it. I think the team was so mediocre to bad for so long after the 90’s that people want to go back to that time. Not that those helmets actually look better. 

I think the current uniform iteration is probably the best it’s ever been for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 8

18 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Hoping the Bills will release alternate Zubazz uniforms. They'll be ugly as hell, but the wavy pattern will disorient our opponents 

I actually saw the Bills logo the other day where they swapped the red stripe for the Zubaz pattern. It looked pretty good. 

There is probably a cool way to do something with the jersey stripes that aren’t as awesome/obnoxious as the full pants. It would be dope if the sleeves and long sleeves that the players wear were zubaz print. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Mango said:

I actually saw the Bills logo the other day where they swapped the red stripe for the Zubaz pattern. It looked pretty good. 

There is probably a cool way to do something with the jersey stripes that aren’t as awesome/obnoxious as the full pants. It would be dope if the sleeves and long sleeves that the players wear were zubaz print. 

i would definitely like to see something more wacky like this. Just one game a season or whatever, don’t overkill it but Nike tried to do something “out there” with color rush and just screwed it up so bad for so many teams. The zubaz idea is really cool though.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Re: the red helmets, I am “meh” on it. I think the team was so mediocre to bad for so long after the 90’s that people want to go back to that time. Not that those helmets actually look better. 

I think the current uniform iteration is probably the best it’s ever been for the Bills. 

Agreed.  That tri-color scheme never looked good.   Don’t miss them.   If they get the chance to roll out red helmets it will be interesting to see in action again but certainly not hoping for it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, UConn James said:

A tidbit on the UniWatch page today has a quote from the Rams COO Kevin Demoff revealing that there is a league rule that prevents teams from showcasing new uniforms — unless it is a complete redesign for all team unis, where they traditionally are showed near the NFL Draft — until after 1 July.

So if any team is going to have a new alternate or throwback, as the Browns & 49ers have been heavily rumored to have developed, it comes a little later.

There’d been rumors of the one-shell rule for helmets ending this season, which would create many more opportunities for throwbacks, but so far there’s been nothing official. Once it does end, it’d be great to see the ‘90s throwback for a game or two a year… taking the place of the red ketchup bottle Color Rush set. With the league adding more games, it seems worthy to slightly increase the number of uni choices, especially for throwback options.

As for the Rams debuting a new alt, let’s just hope for something without gradients and off-white / “Bone.” 

03D3CB27-7BDD-4BA3-8437-FE8CBDCAD965.jpeg

What have you heard about Josh's puppy?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Agreed.  That tri-color scheme never looked good.   Don’t miss them.   If they get the chance to roll out red helmets it will be interesting to see in action again but certainly not hoping for it. 

Red helmet with the all reds

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2

11 hours ago, Mango said:

I think the current uniform iteration is probably the best it’s ever been for the Bills

I bet at least 75% of Bills fans agree with you.  I certainly do.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My thoughts are the NFL doesn't want "dope" as much as we fans doo.  I agree the zubazzzz pizazzzz would be cool as all get out!

I don't hate the red helmets and the uniforms the Bills had during the SB years were nice. Its just that the white helmet is nicer. The charging Buffalo stands out more on the white helmet. The only thing I hate about the Bills uniforms are the all blues (they look like Ball State) and the all reds. Every other look is nice.

Edited by Greg S
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ha! I read the title all wrong. Uniform releases? I thought we were already cutting players! It seemed early in the offseason to me, but heck the NFLPA is always up to something. 

Agreed.  All cuts by all teams should be simultaneous.  All GMs are present at a Hollywood sound stage, and they then zoom around the set pushing shopping carts, picking up cardboard cutouts of cut players to sign, ala 'Supermarket Sweep'. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

3 hours ago, Kwai San said:

My thoughts are the NFL doesn't want "dope" as much as we fans doo.  I agree the zubazzzz pizazzzz would be cool as all get out!

I think the NFL is trying to avoid what is going on in college. Which is fair. I think most college football jerseys are trash. At least most of the wild iterations. For whatever reason most of the camo prints and chrome helmets look bad. Football has had a tough time making uniforms look cool.

I generally like some traditionalism when it comes to uniforms, as in your uniform is your uniform, and it shouldn't change regularly or have a million variations. But honestly, I like A LOT of the NBA gear. Most jerseys are cool, teams have a bunch of them, and I never feel like anything is lost. If the NFL were to go down that road, they have to make sure they are hitting on a high percentage of teams jerseys or else it will look stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Since it is an Olympic year and we are talking uniforms, I think uniforms at the Olympics should be the colors in their flags. In some cases it is the country's fault. Like why is Italy using blue so often, but they don't have blue in their flag. In other cases it is all GB's fault. Like come on NZ and AUS, just drop the union jack and be yourselves. Everything you do just oozes all black or green/yellow. Just have a flag that reps that. You are not a colony anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Mango said:

and

7 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Red helmet with the all reds

The red helmets were named eighth ugliest uniform ever in the NFL by Bleach Report:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/889500-the-top-27-ugliest-uniforms-in-nfl-history

"Buffalo Bills Red Helmet Era

8 OF 27

The Bills made the switch from white helmets to red helmets in 1984.  Something about adding a red helmet to that uniform just makes it look worse. "

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kwai San said:

If they didn't want "dope", then why did they ever agree to the color rush uniforms?

Or would that be "dopey"?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2