Highmark stadium cleared for full capacity

Anyone heard anything on or off the record on tailgating?

I know some who have gotten tickets for the upcoming season mentioned that they noticed the Bills have changed the lot open time to 10:30 now instead of 9. If that turns out to be true it sounds like a push to force more people inside to spend their money instead of eating/drinking their own stuff outside.

22 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

My question, will they require proof of vax for those not wearing masks?

While I suppose proof on entry isn't impossible (but very difficult) enforcement how would it be enforced?

10 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Big deal. You can only fit 5,000 people into it anyway:

https://highmarkstadium.com/

I wonder if the Bills are going to make a nice "donation" to acquire that url?

8 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Probably from the microchip embedded in the vaccine. 😄

I KNEW it!

10 hours ago, Metal Man said:

Anyone heard anything on or off the record on tailgating?

I know some who have gotten tickets for the upcoming season mentioned that they noticed the Bills have changed the lot open time to 10:30 now instead of 9. If that turns out to be true it sounds like a push to force more people inside to spend their money instead of eating/drinking their own stuff outside.

there’s no reason tailgating shouldn’t be “allowed” (ugh) if the stadium is at full capacity.  Public lots or otherwise. 

• Agree 1

On 6/15/2021 at 8:56 PM, BillnutinHouston said:

My question, will they require proof of vax for those not wearing masks?

I think they’ll adhere to whatever NYS law is at that time.  Probably one would have to have proof of vacc. To enter without a mask.  I know I keep mine in my wallet, plus have pics of it.  The part is completely unenforceable is once you’ve entered the stadium and you’re in the bathroom, concessions, or seats, there is no way to keep forcing people to wear a mask.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RiotAct said:

there’s no reason tailgating shouldn’t be “allowed” (ugh) if the stadium is at full capacity.  Public lots or otherwise. 

Yeah, I can't imagine they would try and ban it in any way. My thoughts were more towards the Bills owned lots and what changes there might be including the later opening time.

If the 10:30 lot opening for a 1:00 game turns out to be true it eliminates those lots as an option for me and a lot of people I would think as that isn't really enough time for a proper tailgate.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I think they’ll adhere to whatever NYS law is at that time.  Probably one would have to have proof of vacc. To enter without a mask.  I know I keep mine in my wallet, plus have pics of it.  The part is completely unenforceable is once you’ve entered the stadium amd you’re in the bathroom, concessions, or seats, there is no way to keep forcing people to wear a mask.

If they follow suit of other businesses in NYS they will have a sign stating "by not wearing a mask you are admitting you are vaccinated."  I imagine that is what will happen.  They are not going to ask for everybody's vaccination card upon entry.  At least I think that is highly unlikely. 

1 hour ago, Metal Man said:

Yeah, I can't imagine they would try and ban it in any way. My thoughts were more towards the Bills owned lots and what changes there might be including the later opening time.

If the 10:30 lot opening for a 1:00 game turns out to be true it eliminates those lots as an option for me and a lot of people I would think as that isn't really enough time for a proper tailgate.

What is interesting is they still have on their website as 4 hours before kickoff as the opening of the bills lots.  I mean, parking is big money right now, I think they are charging $30 per car.  If they go to the 10:30 time, two things are going to happen, the bills lots are going to be at most half filled, and it is going to cause quite a traffice jam come 10:30 getting into those lots.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Gordio said:

What is interesting is they still have on their website as 4 hours before kickoff as the opening of the bills lots.  I mean, parking is big money right now, I think they are charging $30 per car.  If they go to the 10:30 time, two things are going to happen, the bills lots are going to be at most half filled, and it is going to cause quite a traffice jam come 10:30 getting into those lots.  

I think it was in the Schedule Release, or a Tickets thread, where a couple of posters mentioned seeing the 10:30 thing on their tickets somewhere.

I got tickets for the WFT game and didn't see anything about lots on there but they are digital so maybe some people had physical tickets? In any case I hope it doesn't turn out to be the case because you're right in that it would likely cause all sorts of logistical issues with crowds and traffic.

Regardless I am just excited to be able to step onto those hallowed grounds again. 2020 was a great season but it was also torture to know myself or any other Buffalo Bills fan was not able to be there to witness it in person and celebrate together.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm wearing masks either way. 

Has nothing to do with vax/no vax or fear of the virus. I have just aquired way too many really sweet looking Bills masks over the last year to have them not be worn in stadium as game day gear. And they will be nice come colder weather as well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1