Texas (again)

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

That would flag the entire Alphabet community as having mental issues, (which medically it is). How about Scientologists? Flat-Earthers? Peta?

It's not as easy as just preventing crazy people from getting guns, because almost everyone has some sort of psychosis. We're back to drawing a line on where that is, similar to abortion.

One side wants  a complete ban, while the other wants unfettered access.

I’m pretty sure there are key phrases and pictures that many of these evil people posted on social media.  Profiling works. 

32 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Second part was sarcasm, yes that would be free game. You may not be far off the mark with identifying certain high risk individuals.

Sarcasm is very hard to detect here. 😁

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Texas school shooting: Loved ones outside school begged police to go inside during shooting: 'Go in there!'

The shooter, Salvador Ramos, was likely in the building between 40 minutes and and hour, officials say

Witnesses said that loved ones and onlookers anxiously waiting outside Robb Elementary School on Tuesday as the gunman was inside shooting teachers and students urged police who were outside the school to go in and try to stop the shooter.

Some also suggested they take it upon themselves to attempt to overpower the gunman.

"Go in there! Go in there!" a woman shouted to officers soon after the shooting happened, witness Juan Carranza, 24, said. He lives across the street from the school. "There were more of them. There was just one of him," he said.

But he said the officers stayed outside.

He said he suggested a group of civilians "rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to. More could have been done. They were unprepared."

His daughter, Jacklyn Cazares, died in the attack.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-school-shooting-loved-ones-onlookers-outside-urged-police-go-inside

Good grief 

OMG, I would of been ashamed to do nothing. Shameful 

• Eyeroll 1

That would flag the entire Alphabet community as having mental issues, (which medically it is). How about Scientologists? Flat-Earthers? Peta?

It's not as easy as just preventing crazy people from getting guns, because almost everyone has some sort of psychosis. We're back to drawing a line on where that is, similar to abortion.

Is this true? Is that what Dems want? 

There is a middle group. Far left wants total ban, far right want no checks, everyone has machine guns.  There are reasonable gun owners like myself who think we should raise the age to 21 and have a several psych evals and even a special permit for these AR style rifles. Kids brains are just not developed and they can be so emotional it's just not safe for them to have them. This kid had a horrible upbringing by all accounts....druggie mom, no dad, bullied etc.  Almost textbook. Psych e v a l goes through all that and stops this.  Think about the last two shooters mindsets.  Get the AR's, in fatigues dressed up for war....they feel like they're in the special forces on a mission to kill the enemy.  Saying they'd use a different weapon is wrong also as when they see themselves in the mirror with that style rifle they feel different and replacing with a handgun I don't think gives them that feeling. Gotta take that feeling away.  Not everyone is saying take all the guns away but the process in getting them needs to be changed. 

Even if you were carrying and concealing you aren't stopping these guys unless you are very lucky. Go watch the Buffalo shooter video, I did. It's so fast you can't believe it. 

29 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m pretty sure there are key phrases and pictures that many of these evil people posted on social media.  Profiling works. 

Remember, when someone said it made him nervous that too many Bills fans had American flags and pictures of dogs on their social media? Or that parents are domestic terrorists for disagreeing with teachers. Who will create the search engine? I don't trust the process there...

Even the algorithms will be biased because the left reports everything, while the right reports nothing. Can't even trust an AI to be impartial.

That's assuming we just give up on the illusion of privacy.

There is already a secret scoring system for Social Justice when applying to Colleges. I guess we can also incorporate China's social point system: If you're high risk, you're not allowed on public transportation. Really high risk? You're not allowed out of your house.

The current method is to put them on a watch list. It's a little different once you give the government the authority to limit your rights based on profiles.

Edited by unbillievable

11 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

there’s no evidence he was trans that’s that echo chamber that has rotted your ***** brain again. Honestly the ***** you write here I am surprised you can operate a phone or computer. You’re an idiot of the highest degree.

Some folks were just begging to pin this on the trans community. Sad.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

nailed it:

Another day, another shared tweet from BillStime. lol

Of course, he has a 1st Amendment right. Doesn't mean it wasn't GRANDSTANDING. It's textbook dude. 

(and comical... the left have been the ones against free speech since around 2015)

Texas school shooting: What we know about the victims

by Snejana Farberov & Jorge Fitz-Gibbon

A veteran teacher who was “just a sweetheart” and an 8-year-old boy were among those killed in the mass shooting at a Texas elementary school, according to devastated loved ones.At least 19 children and two teachers were killed when the alleged gunman, 18-year-old Salvador Ramos, opened fire Tuesday at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, a small, working-class town near the Mexico border.All victims were killed inside a single classroom, the Texas Department of Public Safety said Wednesday

https://nypost.com/2022/05/25/texas-school-shooting-what-we-know-about-the-victims/

42 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

(and comical... the left have been the ones against free speech since around 2015)

Oh look - another day of the “new guy”@ArdmoreRyno trying to defend the indefensible - the sensitive little guy worried his buddies won’t be able to fulfill “their god given right” to massacre innocent people.

Oh - and comical - please point to any law that the left has passed suppressing FREE SPEECH

I’ll wait.

(idiots) 

17 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Who it was directed towards is irrelevant. It was the sentiment I was questioning. 

This is pretty hilarious.  All of you tough PPP guys are constantly telling us that libs are too emotional and hysterical about everything.  So now, because you are emotional and hysterical about the gun issue (you people are so ***** up!), context doesn't matter?  You are all over the place on this one...

28 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh look - another day of the “new guy”@ArdmoreRyno trying to defend the indefensible - the sensitive little guy worried his buddies won’t be able to fulfill “their god given right” to massacre innocent people.

Oh - and comical - please point to any law that the left has passed suppressing FREE SPEECH

I’ll wait.

(idiots) 

LOL, okay Karen. I never said anything about laws being passed. The liberal WH established a "Disinformation Agency" for Heavens sake. What was disinformation the past 2 years per the left and the media? Crap like "A vaccinated person gets exposed to the virus, the virus does not infect them, the virus cannot then use that person to go anywhere else... It cannot use a vaccinated person as a host to go get more people." or "The Trump administration had failed to order enough vaccines.” 

I can post videos of college campus' rioting because people like Ben Shapiro or Milo Yiannopoulos were going to speak there. VERY liberal colleges. I was banned for 30 days by Facebook a couple of years ago for posting about Hunter Bidens laptop. 

No, nothing is being suppressed. 

36 minutes ago, Buftex said:

This is pretty hilarious.  All of you tough PPP guys are constantly telling us that libs are too emotional and hysterical about everything.  So now, because you are emotional and hysterical about the gun issue (you people are so ***** up!), context doesn't matter?  You are all over the place on this one...

Emotional and hysterical?  All over the place?  Nope. Calm as a cucumber and on on point. I think you got the wrong guy.  

The irony of your post is off the charts. 

Carry on Hysterical Boy. 🙄

Edited by Chef Jim

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Emotional and hysterical?  All over the place?  Nope. Calm as a cucumber and on on point. I think you got the wrong guy.  

The irony of your post is off the charts. 

Carry on Hysterical Boy. 🙄

Okay...I will pray for you

12 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Okay....I feel like I am talking to two different people under your moniker, in this thread.

Why. Does it confuse you there a conservative can also be a nonbeliever.  

And to believe there is no higher power to take care of me is the height of conservatism IMO

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why. Does it confuse you there a conservative can also be a nonbeliever.  

And to believe there is no higher power to take care of me is the height of conservatism IMO

No, being a non-believer isn't confusing...in fact, it is a sign of intelligence.  Just not sure why you got so offended by my comment (concerning thoughts and prayers for his precious guns, which he seems more concerned about than the humans that are killed using them), and insisted that context was irrelevant.  It was just strange.  

• Like (+1) 1