Texas (again)

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

NOTHING would be solved!!  They most likely would have figured a way to carry out their acts regardless of age restrictions.  

It's the red flag ***** we have to figure out.  TikTok's algorithm can nail the kind of content I'd love but we can't put two and two together on social media posts.  ***** the disinformation/censorship bull####.  Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. should be involved in figuring out how to see these red flags and get them reported to the FBI.  

I will have to respectfully disagree. If you think these two Ill teenagers could have successfully built some sort of bomb or killed that many people with a hunting knife or stolen a gun….well even then you at least made it a little harder and threw up some speedbump without burdening any other gun owners. 

I agree with you on the rest, but you’re venturing into privacy rights now. Slippery slope!

2 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Oh I'm not saying that they're worse. Well some of them are, the commies and all. 

But by and large dems and Republicans suck equally on this issue, just like most others.

I merely showed evidence of one of the guys offering no solutions who eschewed the mental health angle as well. Happens to be a Democrat.

They all suck.

I have long accepted that if you are anywhere in politics you are likely a huge POS.

What saddens me is how many of us regular people refuse to honestly engage the subject. Mental health is a part as is gun access as are countless other things. 

36 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

You mean just like Chris Murphy?

Compromise on what exactly? Murphy has never once offered a single proposal that would have deterred any of these mass shooters. Literally minutes after his routine, Murphy was asked about the obvious mental illness prevalent among most of these shooters. “Spare me the bullsh-t about mental illness,” the Connecticut senator responded, “ripping” the GOP. “We don’t have any more mental illness than any other country in the world.” That’s how serious he is about compromise.

Denying a mental health crisis exists....

2 years after taking normal childhoods away......everyone is mentally sound.  

This kid (correct the record please) failed High School.

Was trans.  

Killed his grandma.  

Posted about all of it because these kids think that's all that matters - likes and followers.  

All is well.  

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Was trans.  

Killed his grandma.  

Posted about all of it because these kids think that's all that matters - likes and followers.  

All is well.  

If only this logic made sense and the United States was the only country on the globe to experience COVID.

smfh

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Was trans.  

Killed his grandma.  

All is well.  

My wife has been in pediatrics for 20 years. The spike she's witnessed in teens with mental health issues is astounding.  There aren't enough mental health professionals to keep up. Patients that she sends for referrals often have to wait months to be seen.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DRsGhost said:

My wife has been in pediatrics for 20 years. The spike she's witnessed in teens with mental health issues is astounding.  There aren't enough mental health professionals to keep up. Patients that she sends for referrals often have to wait months to be seen.

So why did Trump make it easier for the mentally ill to acquire guns?

3 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

My wife has been in pediatrics for 20 years. The spike she's witnessed in teens with mental health issues is astounding. 

There aren't enough mental health professionals to keep up. Patients that she sends for referrals often have to wait months to be seen.

My wife has been an RN for a foster children agency and I can verify that this is true.

• Like (+1) 1

Greg Abbott Brings More Clarity and Comfort After a Tragedy Than Joe Biden Ever Could

FTA:

Prayer works because you focus on what is beyond you, rather than what is. Greg Abbott understood to focus the community of Uvalde and all Americans on that prayer, give them clarity about the situation at hand, but offer comfort and love as they process and deal with things that will not be clear for a long time. This is the antithesis of the mockery, sneering, and self-serving agenda resident in Biden’s speech.

The crucible of tragedy makes or breaks leaders.

We now know which one is forged, and which one is broken.

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2022/05/25/de-facto-president-greg-abbott-brings-more-clarity-and-comfort-than-joe-biden-ever-could-n569969

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rockpile233 said:

I will have to respectfully disagree. If you think these two Ill teenagers could have successfully built some sort of bomb or killed that many people with a hunting knife or stolen a gun….well even then you at least made it a little harder and threw up some speedbump without burdening any other gun owners. 

I agree with you on the rest, but you’re venturing into privacy rights now. Slippery slope!

Fair enough on the speed bumps but age restriction is likely going to accomplish the least of all the other options.

Regarding the second part.  Not sure about privacy rights.  Posts on FB/Twitter/Instagram/Here are public domain no?  

up and got this from I lremember aschool attack=s in China. Looked it and got this from wikipedia,

"A series of uncoordinated mass stabbings, hammer attacks, and cleaver attacks in the People's Republic of China began in March 2010. The spate of attacks left at least 90 dead and some 473 injured. As most cases had no known motive, analysts have blamed mental health problems caused by rapid social change for the rise in these kinds of mass murderand murder-suicide incidents."

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Greg Abbott Brings More Clarity and Comfort After a Tragedy Than Joe Biden Ever Could

FTA:

Prayer works because you focus on what is beyond you, rather than what is. Greg Abbott understood to focus the community of Uvalde and all Americans on that prayer, give them clarity about the situation at hand, but offer comfort and love as they process and deal with things that will not be clear for a long time. This is the antithesis of the mockery, sneering, and self-serving agenda resident in Biden’s speech.

The crucible of tragedy makes or breaks leaders.

We now know which one is forged, and which one is broken.

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2022/05/25/de-facto-president-greg-abbott-brings-more-clarity-and-comfort-than-joe-biden-ever-could-n569969

Awe, REDSTATE told Bonnie something they KNEW he would love... lolz

Meanwhile, the Governor of Texas:

It could have been worse...

Screams comfort.

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Was trans.  

Killed his grandma.  

All is well.  

there’s no evidence he was trans that’s that echo chamber that has rotted your ***** brain again. Honestly the ***** you write here I am surprised you can operate a phone or computer. You’re an idiot of the highest degree.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Fair enough on the speed bumps but age restriction is likely going to accomplish the least of all the other options.

Regarding the second part.  Not sure about privacy rights.  Posts on FB/Twitter/Instagram/Here are public domain no?  

something like 70 percent of mass shootings are done by teenagers. Gangs ,school shootings all of them.  Tie that to bad family situations, mental health and all of it. Raise the age limit. Also lock the schools down more. More red flag laws for mental illness. Get rid of straw buyers that are how the gangs commit so many of these Murders. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Was trans.  

Killed his grandma.  

All is well.  

If you want to blame covid lockdown and less government school institutionalization, then you are saying you think the government should raise our kids more. Is that what you want? 

selectively assigning your political target events to these sort of tragedies is disingenuous at best. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If you want to blame covid lockdown and less government school institutionalization, then you are saying you think the government should raise our kids more. Is that what you want? 

selectively assigning your political target events to these sort of tragedies is disingenuous at best. 

What political target?

The f....ing world thought it was a good idea (plan) to lockdown.  

If that is my "political target" yes absolutely.

Texas school shooting: Loved ones outside school begged police to go inside during shooting: 'Go in there!'

The shooter, Salvador Ramos, was likely in the building between 40 minutes and and hour, officials say

Witnesses said that loved ones and onlookers anxiously waiting outside Robb Elementary School on Tuesday as the gunman was inside shooting teachers and students urged police who were outside the school to go in and try to stop the shooter.

Some also suggested they take it upon themselves to attempt to overpower the gunman.

"Go in there! Go in there!" a woman shouted to officers soon after the shooting happened, witness Juan Carranza, 24, said. He lives across the street from the school. "There were more of them. There was just one of him," he said.

But he said the officers stayed outside.

He said he suggested a group of civilians "rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to. More could have been done. They were unprepared."

His daughter, Jacklyn Cazares, died in the attack.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-school-shooting-loved-ones-onlookers-outside-urged-police-go-inside

Good grief 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

NOTHING would be solved!!  They most likely would have figured a way to carry out their acts regardless of age restrictions.  

It's the red flag ***** we have to figure out.  TikTok's algorithm can nail the kind of content I'd love but we can't put two and two together on social media posts.  ***** the disinformation/censorship bull####.  Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. should be involved in figuring out how to see these red flags and get them reported to the FBI.  

That would flag the entire Alphabet community as having mental issues, (which medically it is). How about Scientologists? Flat-Earthers? Peta?

It's not as easy as just preventing crazy people from getting guns, because almost everyone has some sort of psychosis. We're back to drawing a line on where that is, similar to abortion.

One side wants  a complete ban, while the other wants unfettered access.

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Second part was sarcasm, yes that would be free game. You may not be far off the mark with identifying certain high risk individuals.