Texas (again)

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And why are we letting the extremes, which are likely a pretty decent minority, dictate policy?  Both extremes.  

The far left screams OUR RIGHTS!! just as loud.   

Jim, poll after poll, for decades now, show that the majority of Americans favor stricter gun laws. Both Democrats and Republicans.  Yet, we don't get them, because of these extremists on the right.  They are the folks that embrace, and are embraced by one party, not the other.  Not denying there are extremists in both political parties (that is another issue), but in this particular case, where guns are concerned, the opposition is going to come from the right.  I think your suggestion was completely reasonable, but who is going to decide when somebody warrants close watch?  Local law officials?  The government?  

8 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

How about you worry about YOUR state. No one, where I live, is concerned about someone carrying. I carry. 

LOL

I live in Texas, I am worried about my state, thank-you.  Is the fact that you carry supposed to be of some comfort? :)

Edited by Buftex

2 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Jim, poll after poll, for decades now, show that the majority of Americans favor stricter gun laws. Both Democrats and Republicans.  Yet, we don't get them, because of these extremists on the right.  They are the folks that embrace, and are embraced by one party, not the other.  Not denying there are extremists in both political parties (that is another issue), but in this particular case, where guns are concerned, the opposition is going to come from the right.  I think your suggestion was completely reasonable, but who is going to decide when somebody warrants close watch?  Local law officials?  The government?  

And Buftex - it's time to put the blame right where it belongs:

On the voters who keep voting in these NRA obsessed GUN NUTS 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

You must have not watched it. 95% was informational. What happened, who it was, understanding of the gunman (criminal and mental health info), type of firearm, timeline, etc. 

Gee...there was no way we would have known any of that stuff, if they didn't tell us.  Glad they held a press conference!

Just now, Buftex said:

Why are those on the right, including me, concerned?  We don't trust the government.  I own firearms and the reason was because we feared for our lives, and for good reason, when we lived in Oakland.  Are all our weapons, after they ban assault weapons, next?  Who protects us then?  It sure ain't agencies like Oakland PD.  That's for sure.  

Regarding your last point.  That's the slippery slope.  It's the same with homelessness.  Who is going to force meds on those that need it?  The ***** government??  I would love them to work on getting their families involved in this.  

11 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

They are right to guns? 

Leave the psychotic alone.  Classic case.  Yelling into his keyboard.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would daresay very few of you look at an 18 year old and see an adult. Maybe in previous generations that was true, but the maturity is just not there these days. There are obviously exceptions, but I believe that to be true in my experience.

But we still can’t even agree to push the purchase age back a few years. The stalemate we face is pathetic and reflects very poorly on all of us. 

Note I would support OBVIOUS exceptions to that rule for military and law enforcement before someone throws that “problematic” gotcha at me.

Edited by Rockpile233

6 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Gee...there was no way we would have known any of that stuff, if they didn't tell us.  Glad they held a press conference!

Make sure next time they (Republicans) don’t hold a press conference because you’re a liberal.  

It’s okay when Democrats do it, but not conservatives. 🙄

It’s amazing how some want to reduce or eliminate a constitutional right due to a few evil people. 

You’re probably the same who screamed “you can’t  blame all Muslims for 9-11!!!”

• Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Make sure next time they (Republicans) don’t hold a press conference because you’re a liberal.  

It’s okay when Democrats do it, but not conservatives. 🙄

It’s amazing how some want to reduce or eliminate a constitutional right due to a few evil people. 

You’re probably the same who screamed “you can’t  blame all Muslims for 9-11!!!”

Okay... you are probably too hysterical and emotional for this.  I will pray for you and your guns!

9 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Okay... you are probably too hysterical and emotional for this.  I will pray for you and your guns!

Scenario. Two guys break into your/my homes in the middle of the night. I have a weapon you don’t. Who would you rather be? 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Scenario. Two guys break into your/my homes in the middle of the night. I have a weapon you don’t. Who would you rather be? 

Chances are you will be dead before you can get to your big GLOCK.

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Chances are you will be dead before you can get to your big GLOCK.

Likely not. And if so I’m going down defending my home and my family.  Not sniveling in the corner like you.  Big red fonts won’t save you there. 

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The scenario you are talking about is far different than what we have been seeing in the news recently.  I have nothing against you having a gun in your home to defend your home and family.  

Edited by Buftex

Just now, Buftex said:

The scenario you are talking about is far different than what we have been seeing in the news recently.  I have nothing against you having a gun in your home...

Then why the “I pray for you and your guns” comment?  

1 hour ago, Rockpile233 said:

I would daresay very few of you look at an 18 year old and see an adult. Maybe in previous generations that was true, but the maturity is just not there these days. There are obviously exceptions, but I believe that to be true in my experience.

But we still can’t even agree to push the purchase age back a few years. The stalemate we face is pathetic and reflects very poorly on all of us. 

Note I would support OBVIOUS exceptions to that rule for military and law enforcement before someone throws that “problematic” gotcha at me.

Yep.

Purchase age 21 totally good with that 

Same for voting. 

100%

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

MANY states have constitutional carry. Many don't have mass shootings. 

“Constitutional” carry ……hahaha….when gun dudes are part of a well regulated militia…THEN you can say constitutional carry

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Likely not. And if so I’m going down defending my home and my family.  Not sniveling in the corner like you.  Big red fonts won’t save you there. 

I bet you sleep with your GLOCK tough guy...