Texas (again)

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, gun industry will make millions off of this

Yep- And so will anti gun lobby 

exploit every chance you can. 

Meanwhile everyone will ignore this killer came from a broken home, no father drugged out mom,  very bad family situation and probably valued no one and nothing. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yep- And so will anti gun lobby 

exploit every chance you can. 

Meanwhile everyone will ignore this killer came from a broken home, no father drugged out mom,  very bad family situation and probably valued no one and nothing. 

The common threads in most of these mass shooting is the shooter showed signs of violent behavior and nothing was done.  We are deathly afraid to surveil or lock these people up if necessary. But no. We ignore the warning signs and even allow them to buy weapons. THIS is how you fix the problem. True meaningful gun legislation does not mean taking away the guns. It’s doing our best to keep them out of the hands of the violently disturbed.  The warning signs are often very much in the open and identifiable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The common threads in most of these mass shooting is the shooter showed signs of violent behavior and nothing was done.  We are deathly afraid to surveil or lock these people up if necessary. But no. We ignore the warning signs and even allow them to buy weapons. THIS is how you fix the problem. True meaningful gun legislation does not mean taking away the guns. It’s doing our best to keep them out of the hands of the violently disturbed.  The warning signs are often very much in the open and identifiable. 

BINGO

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I agree completely.  

But our mental health system is a shambles, out healthcare system is just this side of a joke.  We have one of the most heavily armed, highly trained civilian populations in the world, and they can't stop mass shootings. This happened in TEXAS for *****'s sake, where everybody brags about owning an AR and a plate carrier. We have some of the most heavily armed, highly trained police officers in the world, and they cant stop mass shootings.

So what the ***** do we do?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

We could stop all crime this way!

Because that's what we are talking about. All crime.

Dude, you're exhausting. As someone who works in the mental health field, he's right. 

Let me know your expertise in clinical mental health. 

19 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Dude, you're exhausting. As someone who works in the mental health field, he's right. 

I'm just saying, it would be great to predict all crimes in advance. 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m completely comfortable staying out of the fray on this one, there is nothing to be gained in having some message board sock puppet comparing being pro 2A with responsibility for the slaughter of innocents in Buffalo, Texas, Chicago  or wherever else this madness occurs.  

I will say two things, however. 

1. Well-intentioned people looking for some emotional release here, or other places online, are reduced to suggesting that “something must be done”, while often never quite suggesting what that means.   

2.  When I consider the aforementioned sock puppet mentality, coupled with the recognition that indeed something MUST be done, I can’t help but think that the same politicians are elected over, and over, and over again…and before much time passes, we face the same sort of issue all over again. 

In the case of the current admin, the prez has been a key player on the national stage for 5 decades.  50 friggin years as a senator, presidential candidate, VP and for the last 16 month the top dog in the land with control of the house and senate. 

It seems to me that electing an old man who for 50 years was unable to persuade, bargain, manipulate or demand sensible action and hoping he might stumble onto a solution is probably not setting the nation up for a positive outcome.  

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

All crime?  ***** dude we aren't even talking about stopping.  

The hand wringing must come to an end.  Mental illness is way the ***** out of control.  Look at the homeless.  I would venture a guess that the number of people on the streets because they missed a few mortgage/rent payments is in the single digits.  But scooping them up and putting them someplace where they are not a harm to society and themselves is a VERY slippery slope but one I feel we need to go down.  

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

All crime?  ***** dude we aren't even talking about stopping.  

The hand wringing must come to an end.  Mental illness is way the ***** out of control.  Look at the homeless.  I would venture a guess that the number of people on the streets because they missed a few mortgage/rent payments is in the single digits.  But scooping them up and putting them someplace where they are not a harm to society and themselves is a VERY slippery slope but one I feel we need to go down.  

I think you meant to address that towards Tiberius, not me. He's the one that said that. I was replying to his ridiculous claim. 

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I think you meant to address that towards Tiberius, not me. He's the one that said that. I was replying to his ridiculous claim. 

I know.  I try not to communicate directly with him nor Billy Boy the Psychotic.  My sanity is very important to me.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

But, our freedoms?

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The constitution is manufactured and so is the interpretation of it in every aspect. Was this shooter part of a well regulated local militia? Where is the part about background checks and age requirements in the second amendment? 

and at the same time the right is losing it over protection of fertilized eggs while clutching their body armor and assault rifles as rights that any lunatic can buy and use to mow down the actual born living children… 

no one wants to compromise 

The constitution is manufactured?