Pure Insanity - Trump's WH attempts to draw the DOJ into baseless election fraud conspiracies

"Pure Insanity" - DOJ Response

I know that baseless conspiracies are in vogue, but folks have just got to be smarter than they have been about critical thinking and reason when it comes to Twitter and YouTube "news"... hell, even when listening or clicking on mainstream outlets. Look at the source, who wrote the article, what have they written on in the past, do they have a normal slant to their reporting, has the same story been reported by other more credible sources?

That Trump and his staff were pushing these insane YouTube conspiracies just boggles the minds of those who have minds with the capacity to see how far down the insanity path folks have gone.

Look at vaccinations - folks have gotten the flu or influenza vaccines for decades with little or no fanfare, but for Covid's vaccine the snippets of RNA proteins carry a spooky micro-RFID chip- even if such a claim were true for what purpose? "To spy on us" some idiot in my own family says to me as she plays on her smart phone with her facebook, linkedin, and GPS mapping out her entire public life and location because she likes the convenience. She lives for any conspiracy she can gobble up.

Download the "free" dress and play My Little Pony app for your little girl and you casually give away pretty much the lion's share of your privacy without a second thought (access to contacts, phone, photos, camera, mic, and local storage? Yeah.... yeah, click download and done). Get vaccinated to protect yourself and others? "They" are trying to spy on me. For Christ's sake why on earth would anyone spend a ton of money to develop something to snoop on folks when that information is out there and easily purchased by marketing companies every day?

Dumb... and

And now you have even more idiots out there who claim to have become marvel comic's Magneto because a vaccine with tiny pieces of RNA protein was given to train your T-Cells on how to recognize and combat Covid strains have given them super powers.... look out Peter Parker. I have the vaccine and no, I cannot make spoons I do not lick stick to my body or any other such nonsense.

Dumber

image.png.9fce4bcbacce9528481a8de91de200c2.png

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I know that baseless conspiracies are in vogue, but folks have just got to be smarter than they have been about critical thinking and reason when it comes to Twitter and YouTube "news"... hell, even when listening or clicking on mainstream outlets. Look at the source, who wrote the article, what have they written on in the past, do they have a normal slant to their reporting, has the same story been reported by other more credible sources?

That Trump and his staff were pushing these insane YouTube conspiracies just boggles the minds of those who have minds with the capacity to see how far down the insanity path folks have gone.

Look at vaccinations - folks have gotten the flu or influenza vaccines for decades with little or no fanfare, but for Covid's vaccine the snippets of RNA proteins carry a spooky micro-RFID chip- even if such a claim were true for what purpose? "To spy on us" some idiot in my own family says to me as she plays on her smart phone with her facebook, linkedin, and GPS mapping out her entire public life and location because she likes the convenience. She lives for any conspiracy she can gobble up.

Download the "free" dress and play My Little Pony app for your little girl and you casually give away pretty much the lion's share of your privacy without a second thought (access to contacts, phone, photos, camera, mic, and local storage? Yeah.... yeah, click download and done). Get vaccinated to protect yourself and others? "They" are trying to spy on me. For Christ's sake why on earth would anyone spend a ton of money to develop something to snoop on folks when that information is out there and easily purchased by marketing companies every day?

Dumb... and

And now you have even more idiots out there who claim to have become marvel comic's Magneto because a vaccine with tiny pieces of RNA protein was given to train your T-Cells on how to recognize and combat Covid strains have given them super powers.... look out Peter Parker. I have the vaccine and no, I cannot make spoons I do not lick stick to my body or any other such nonsense.

Dumber

I am surprised that a guy who believes that Russia hacked our election in 2016 is calling other conspiracy theorists 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am surprised that a guy who believes that Russia hacked our election in 2016 is calling other conspiracy theorists 

I am surprised that anyone believes the election was not a fraud. 

25 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Dumb... and

Dumber

m_JWqS.gif

leftists claiming everything is a conspiracy.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

All the DJT shenanigans are exactly why federalization of election control HR1 is a horrible idea and it needs to stay distributed to the states. 

I agree with this, but with caveats for rational federal baseline guidance around mail-in ballots, drop-box distribution, and acceptable proof of ID.

Right now it is a circus in Texas, Georgia, and Arizona.

An independent non-partisan review agency for redistricting would not be a bad idea either looking at how Wisconsin and Michigan (and other states) have been gerrymangled to tilt elections away from popular vote results.

11 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I agree with this, but with caveats for rational federal baseline guidance around mail-in ballots, drop-box distribution, and acceptable proof of ID.

Right now it is a circus in Texas, Georgia, and Arizona.

An independent non-partisan review agency for redistricting would not be a bad idea either looking at how Wisconsin and Michigan (and other states) have been gerrymangled to tilt elections away from popular vote results.

I don’t agree. Consolidated federal authority over any aspect of elections even with good intentions (which in my mind mid impossible given both parties are self interested not good intentioned) starts a down slippery slope. 

imagine if DJT only had to corrupt a few federal agencies or maybe even a few appointees??? 

The more decentralized the power the better. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I don’t agree. Consolidated federal authority over any aspect of elections even with good intentions (which in my mind mid impossible given both parties are self interested not good intentioned) starts a down slippery slope. 

imagine if DJT only had to corrupt a few federal agencies or maybe even a few appointees??? 

The more decentralized the power the better. 

OK... so your state legislature wins an election cycle and becomes predominately one party or the other. Since the GOP seems most keen on restricting voting we will go with the GOP.

Once in control of the legislature they push through gerrymandered redistricting that effectively tilts the district field so democratic districts are limited in future elections even if they have greater voting population.

Now controlling their state elections and maintaining unchecked grip on partisan policy they further restrict voting access for those more heavily DEM districts.

Where is the oversight or the checks and balances to such coopted state institutions that preserve electorate voting access and integrity for that state?

image.png

6 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Where is the oversight or the checks and balances to such coopted state institutions that preserve electorate voting access and integrity for that state?

The Courts.

Has been for almost 250 years.

These complaints about gerrymandering and access have been around long before now you know.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I don't believe they hacked our elections in 2016, just what the intelligence reports claimed.

That they (Russia) sponsored a broad propaganda and misinformation campaign that had a decidedly Trump for "prez" preference.

The rest was just gullible US idiots gobbling up every tweet or FB post like it was God's own truth.

You can fact check the troll farm push and the account "shutdown" facts yourself, if you are not immune to facts.

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Courts.

Has been for almost 250 years.

These complaints about gerrymandering and access have been around long before now you know.

...and that has gone like this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/27/us/politics/supreme-court-gerrymandering.html

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

OK... so your state legislature wins an election cycle and becomes predominately one party or the other. Since the GOP seems most keen on restricting voting we will go with the GOP.

Once in control of the legislature they push through gerrymandered redistricting that effectively tilts the district field so democratic districts are limited in future elections even if they have greater voting population.

Now controlling their state elections and maintaining unchecked grip on partisan policy they further restrict voting access for those more heavily DEM districts.

image.png

i Do not want the federal government having oversight over the states’ elections.  That is another step further down the path of this oligarchy we have now. Where whomever is in power changes the rules to stay in power.

The further up the chain you are the more simple the corruption is to enact. It’s a very very simple premise. 

you’re a fool to believe that only the republicans try to change the rules to optimize winning chances. 

but after what just happened the last thing I’d think you’d want is for the fed to have more power to manipulate the outcome. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It is true that conspiracies go both ways...unfortunately, the difference is that only conspiracies on one side are banned on social media, while the other side’s conspiracies are promoted, without evidence...

Edit- on top of that, anything the disagrees with the “official narrative” is written off as conspiracy theory (ie Lab leak theory)...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

i Do not want the federal government having oversight over the states’ elections.  That is another step further down the path of this oligarchy we have now. Where whomever is in power changes the rules to stay in power.

The further up the chain you are the more simple the corruption is to enact. It’s a very very simple premise. 

you’re a fool to believe that only the republicans try to change the rules to optimize winning chances. 

but after what just happened the last thing I’d think you’d want is for the fed to have more power to manipulate the outcome. 

I am not a fool, nor do I believe that only Republicans gerrymander.

Yet the courts will not step in and you have no answer to my question about who does when the system is broke in a state.

Only saying you do not want to see more power in Federal hands you forget that creating national policies to avoid states deciding to do unconstitutional things is kind of where they are supposed to apply federal policy.

...and I actually learn from history.

Which party was censored from 1989 - 2018 from practicing voter suppression tactics?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/the-gop-just-received-another-tool-for-suppressing-votes/550052/

Edited by WideNine

14 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I am not a fool, nor do I believe that only Republicans gerrymandering.

Yet the courts will not step in and you have no answer to my question about who does when the system is broke in a state.

Only saying you do not want to see more power in Federal hands you forget that creating national policies to avoid states deciding to do unconstitutional things is kind of where they are supposed to apply federal policy.

...and I actually learn from history.

Which party was censored from 1989 - 2018 from practicing voter suppression tactics?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/the-gop-just-received-another-tool-for-suppressing-votes/550052/

States need to have their own oversight. As soon as the fed can step in and declare a state voting system broken, they will, when the need to and pick the one they need to win. Trump just tried to do this, literally, as have several other losers from past elections. And the states had their say and the fed couldn’t override. It’s better. 

lol- you think political parties have integrity don’t you?? Have you no sense in how politics work?? There is no right or wrong. One side is always trying to figure out how to sabotage the other. 

Every Presidential election I can remember had a loser or their party crying foul. All of them. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

States need to have their own oversight. As soon as the fed can step in and declare a state voting system broken, they will, when the need to and pick the one they need to win. Trump just tried to do this, literally, as have several other losers from past elections. And the states had their say and the fed couldn’t override. It’s better. 

lol- you think political parties have integrity don’t you?? Have you no sense in how politics work?? There is no right or wrong. One side is always trying to figure out how to sabotage the other. 

Every Presidential election I can remember had a loser or their party crying foul. All of them. 

I am for INDEPENDENT state boards, but what election rules would they enforce?

What good are independent state boards enforcing undesirable and undemocratic voter suppression policies passed by that state's legislators?

So in regards to the policies I am for strengthening existing federal voting rights & laws and having consistent federal election laws and guidance that should be applied equally across all states.

Then you can leave the enforcement to the states and/or courts.

35 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I don't believe they hacked our elections in 2016, just what the intelligence reports claimed.

That they (Russia) sponsored a broad propaganda and misinformation campaign that had a decidedly Trump for "prez" preference.

The rest was just gullible US idiots gobbling up every tweet or FB post like it was God's own truth.

You can fact check the troll farm push and the account "shutdown" facts yourself, if you are not immune to facts.

...and that has gone like this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/27/us/politics/supreme-court-gerrymandering.html

The Russians did not want Trump they wanted to sow disinformation which was to weaken the USA. The entire dossier was disinformation against Trump and morons believed that for years. As long as the US president was weaker they were happy, you ignore the anti Trump stuff because it is your reason she lost. 

To quote her pre-ordained royal majesty...."what difference does it make" what the Russians want or wanted when they have the entire DNC Sponsored Media up the butt of the Democrat Candidate in every single election. Putin couldn't pay for that much 'free press' if he tried. 

4 hours ago, WideNine said:

image.png

Gerrymandering is not a topic that is only from one party but with the way that people move to areas it is not like there are red blocks. There are areas-places with high crime, low level public schools, poor infrastructure, high taxes- are almost straight blue but nice places are much more diverse.