Xavien Howard holding out

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

any disarray within the Fins is always welcome.

that said, holding out after the first year of a long extension is the new NFL, I guess. Makes Gilmore look like a saint.

Totally agree on Phins disarray.  This is a considerably different situation than Gilmore’s too.  Howard is a top CB, but he’s being paid like one and just got a big 5 year contract extension that started a year ago.  It really doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

He's going into the second year of his deal. 

The 2nd year of a very lucrative deal that made him the highest paid CB in the league (at the time).

It would be one thing if he signed a deal that he vastly outperformed, but that's not what's happening here at all. I'd be pissed if a Bills player did this 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

so far re-negotiating or re-re-negotiating as is the case with X Howard (says he has out-played contract based on league-leading 10 picks most since 2007) has not been an issue with Bills players (so far)..another nod to the front office and the players (and agents)...

4 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

The 2nd year of a very lucrative deal that made him the highest paid CB in the league (at the time).

It would be one thing if he signed a deal that he vastly outperformed, but that's not what's happening here at all. I'd be pissed if a Bills player did this 

This is beautiful that is happening to them, though a guy like him might want to be careful about becoming a malcontent when he will still be a top 10 paid CB.