Josh Allen throwing out 1st pitch at 6/17 Blue Jays-Yankees game

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

If JA does any more than lob it in at 65, I'll be pissed.  It's not his natural throwing motion, so the only thing he can do trying to emulate Randy Johnson is destroy his arm.  

Looks like you should start preparing to be angry. 

Edited by without a drought
Too many you's
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

If JA does any more than lob it in at 65, I'll be pissed.  It's not his natural throwing motion, so the only thing he can do trying to emulate Randy Johnson is destroy his arm.  

He did play Baseball (Pitcher) in Highschool, you know.  Reportedly he had a 90 mph fastball.  This was before he finished his growth and muscled-up - he was only 6'2" or 6'3".

He said in one interview that he was told that with proper pitching training he could probably wind up at 93-94 mph. 

It is a ceremonial pitch, but if he tries to actually get a heater in the strike zone I doubt he'll "destroy his arm", it's a motion he did repeatedly in HS and probably has done helping his brother practice hitting** and at some charity games since then (canceled last year, but his rookie and 2nd year Micah Hyde normally has a charity softball game).

**Josh's brother started college on a baseball scholarship.  Apparently injuries forced him to stand down.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He did play Baseball (Pitcher) in Highschool, you know.  Reportedly he had a 90 mph fastball.  This was before he finished his growth and muscled-up - he was only 6'2" or 6'3".

He said in one interview that he was told that with proper pitching training he could probably wind up at 93-94 mph. 

It is a ceremonial pitch, but if he tries to actually get a heater in the strike zone I doubt he'll "destroy his arm", it's a motion he did repeatedly in HS and probably has done some charity games since then (canceled last year, but his rookie and 2nd year Micah Hyde normally has a charity softball game)

I hope you're right.  As I said earlier, I've seen people do real damage to their arms trying this.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He used to pitch.

I don't expect him to throw it as hard as he can, but I am expecting a hard accurate throw. I can't see him wanting a video online forever of a Trent type pitch. He's way too competitive to let that happen. The former high school pitcher who threw 90mph fastballs at 17 years old and 180lbs will be fine throwing a respectable pitch now.

Edited by without a drought

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Wear yellow pants so stains do not show so much.

• Haha (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Lol it appears so.  Haha 

Where he makes fun of … himself?

im dead 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So anyone know what it is?

Maybe it was supposed to come from the dog’s account. The dog thinks he’s inaccurate! Sky better get ready for the ketchup and mustard 

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Where he makes fun of … himself?

im dead 

This would fit entirely with my impression of Josh

Maybe it was supposed to come from the dog’s account. The dog thinks he’s inaccurate! Sky better get ready for the ketchup and mustard 

The dog is a new Instagram and his girlfriend Britt seems to be running it.  But the dog would probably be happy to have food substances squirted on him, as long as the mustard is the typical hot-dog type.