Bills Mandatory Minicamp June 15-16

13 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I was thinking Diggs, Beas, Gabe, Sanders , Mackenzie, Hodgins and Stevenson if we can utilize his speed.

Those are the seven I hope we go into the season with, with Stevenson winning the KR/PR job in camp.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

His wife wasn't ready for him to retire and walk away from an otherwise guaranteed $10M? :lol:

Who are these people who thought he was going to retire?

Eric Wood had a busted up neck and he wouldn't retire........he made Beane PAY him his guarantees before he would sign off.

It’s a unique “gift” to always be able to immediately go to the most negative, pessimistic explanation for a player’s statement or actions.

Well done, you.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 6/15/2021 at 7:50 AM, Kwai San said:

Please pretty please have him sign elsewhere.....he does have a hot wife but at this point that's all he got.  Oh and a potential large cap hit.....

Hot wives and large cap hits aren't mutually exclusive, amigo.

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

But Hodgins was flashing at the beginning of last training camp as well, before the injury sidelined him. He was possibly ahead of Davis at the time.

I'm hoping these reports (from the last two offseasons) is simply who he is: a young boundary WR with size (one of today's blurbs emphasized his outside skillset), like Gabriel Davis, who the coaches can't keep off the field. 

Yeah like I said, Ray Ray was killing McKenzie on the field in OTA's and TC........it was no contest.......and that's not just my observation from when I was there......he was getting hyped almost daily by the media.

But in the games it was totally different.

I'm not putting a lot of stock into a possession receiver making plays in a camp setting either..........that's actually been the most common example of misreads from OTA's in recent Bills WR history.

I have seen Hodgins make contested catches in college so I assume that will still be something he can do to some extent..........but getting open was not a strength of his at that level so there is cause for pause IMO...........doing that and making plays in game type action has proven to be very different.

I hope he forces the issue with his play but I certainly don't expect him to make the final 53.   He could still end up on the practice squad....even if he plays well.   The league is absolutely loaded with WR talent from the past few drafts so it's not like teams are going to be desperately searching for chain moving possession WR's.   Hodgins is gonna' have to show quite a bit to get playing time in the NFL, IMO.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

It’s a unique “gift” to always be able to immediately go to the most negative, pessimistic explanation for a player’s statement or actions.

Well done, you.

No, it's simply common sense.

$10M is probably in excess of 20% of what he's earned in his entire career to this point.   

Why would he just quit and forfeit that money when all he has to do to earn that is show up to mandatory team activities?

Eric Wood is beloved among Bills fans.......an organization guy.......did he give back his unearned bonus money so the Bills could have that $10M in cap space back when he decided to retire due to concerns about his neck?

Of course not.

The issue with Star returning has been his lack of performance prior and what that will look like when he plays his next game 20 months after his previous one.

The retirement or conditioning/overweight/underweight questions are just tiny, straw-stuffed tomato cans lined up to be easily kicked over by people who ultimately want to defend him for entirely different things.......performance.......performance for the money........and his rationale for opting out (knowing that his pay was guaranteed anyway).

The diversion tactic is amusing to me..........like watching children mimic their parents interactions.    Basic and often very comical.

I'm fully expecting someone to start a narrative that Tremaine Edmunds might hold out of training camp for a long term deal just so we can all be SO relieved to find out that's not the case.

55 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No, it's simply common sense.

$10M is probably in excess of 20% of what he's earned in his entire career to this point.   

Why would he just quit and forfeit that money when all he has to do to earn that is show up to mandatory team activities?

Eric Wood is beloved among Bills fans.......an organization guy.......did he give back his unearned bonus money so the Bills could have that $10M in cap space back when he decided to retire due to concerns about his neck?

Of course not.

The issue with Star returning has been his lack of performance prior and what that will look like when he plays his next game 20 months after his previous one.

The retirement or conditioning/overweight/underweight questions are just tiny, straw-stuffed tomato cans lined up to be easily kicked over by people who ultimately want to defend him for entirely different things.......performance.......performance for the money........and his rationale for opting out (knowing that his pay was guaranteed anyway).

The diversion tactic is amusing to me..........like watching children mimic their parents interactions.    Basic and often very comical.

I'm fully expecting someone to start a narrative that Tremaine Edmunds might hold out of training camp for a long term deal just so we can all be SO relieved to find out that's not the case.

Dude.  Nobody's saying a player would voluntarily walk away from a multimillion dollar payday but that doesn't mean everything else Star said isn't true.  Money or not, these guys put their bodies through hell to play this game at a high level.  If you're not "all in" you're doing yourself and your team a disservice.

You are simply so hell bent on your trashing of Star you won't even allow the slightest crack of light to shine through the door that perhaps he can be a productive member of the Bills' D line this season.  Apparently Beane is lying, McD is lying, his teammates are lying -- all for what?  Beane hasn't shown he's afraid to admit a contract mistake and move on, and McD makes everyone earn their playing time.  What is the angle here?

Oh, that's right -- you know everything about football and we're all just here to soak in your wisdom.  Party on.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah he was last I think 87 went 3rd, (Gentry)

Looks like Gentry might be the "dark horse" this season? A lot of hay is being made of his chemistry with Allen, and if anyone watches Allen's highlight reel from Wyoming, you can see why.

Really can't wait to see how the P/KR position pans out. Between that, RB, and Dlm there are some really intense competitions this year.

On 6/15/2021 at 4:50 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Sal said they still aren’t allowed to report # reps, who is at CB2, OL groups etc

They run a tight ship in regards to any personnel positioning or strategy leaks.

Hard to watch the promo videos on the Bills official site. A bit of music track, some closeups of catches at the end of routes that don't give away anything...another shot of feet running the ladder drill, and guys hitting the sleds.

Hard to argue with the approach as every team is looking for every competitive edge they can get.

With all that focus on keeping a lid on info, reporters reporting on what they should not are going to get the quick hook offstage and struggle getting back in again.

50 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is actually a kinder gentler bado

great football knowledge…..everything else not so much

I remember the other... and I do agree with much of the X's and O's with Bado, and he is not that far off base with the cap management stance. He and I locked horns often when I was posting way back when as Left Overture.

He may have banned me at one point I got so under his skin (its a gift) 🤣

Water under the bridge and all that - when you roll back all the layers and how folks can rub you the wrong way on the board you realize they just desperately want the Bills to make the right moves that they think will help them win it all. Where you have passionate fans you have volatile interactions because they care.

OK - that was my attempt at a commercial break - now back to our regularly-scheduled squabbling.

• Thank you (+1) 1