Bills Mandatory Minicamp June 15-16

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't recall a back and forth with anyone named "Left Overture".  

What were you wrong about?  :devil:

And I definitely didn't ban you.    I have never been a moderator on this site.

Contrary to what you perceived it's unlikely you got under my skin.........I'm still actively posting here because I don't take it that seriously.........people quit posting because they get mad about the tenor of the board or what people are allowed to say to them or board politics etc..   That's more real estate than I am selling.  

I am thinking that it is likely that I am not the only poster you have tried to virtually ragdoll here on the Wall over the years right.....?

I did not take it personally as I like a good argument and you gave me those. I did take some offense at the time for getting locked out of the board for a while for disagreeing about players... there was a bit of a cabal, but if you were not personally moderating that probably is my faulty memory. Feels like a very long time ago and a lot of life (and good folks passing away) in between.

I followed my Bills and Sabres, but took a healthy break from the boards in general for several years.

TBD moderators and moderation guidance has evolved quite a bit from the personal frustration and rampant fan cannibalism of the dark post-Wade era. Was not a unique thing, every board had the same depressing antics. You see the same thing starting to creep into the Sabres discussion sites. A team can only suck for so long before fans just turn on each other.

Folks have done a good job here of providing moderation and segregated areas for folks to B word about off-topic things which is a convenient outlet too.

I may have been posting as ColdBlueNorth back then as that was a handle I used for a while.

I switch up my account name purely from boredom after a decade or so of use unlike Promo and some others. Been lurking here in one form or another since the janky D&C bulletin board days. And, unlike some people, I could be wrong about some team or personnel takes - "ahem" ....talking about you bado.

I do clearly remember arguing with you - a lot, but you were always game for an argument. And yes, you do suck because as much as much as I hate to admit it and feed the beast, I was wrong about EJ.

I will leave it at that🤮

Edited by WideNine
format
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

JHC the guy is a proven commodity but he drops one pass in minicamp and he’s retiring or cut. I’m not gonna make it. 

But he also ran a wrong route 😮

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Beas became one of my all-time favorite Bills when I saw his end-of-season interview in January.   First, I loved how someone aked whether he'd need surgery to fix the injured knee he played on throughout the playoffs.  Matter-of-fact, low-key, he says "My knee is fine. I broke my fibula.  It will be fine."   I think every reporter in the room dropped their pencils.

Then someone asked whether the loss in the AFC championship game will motivate him in the 2021 season.   He seemed almost in pain when he said, "I'm as motivated as I can be.   I don't need to lose games to be motivated."   

Just love the guy.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I think Beas became one of my all-time favorite Bills when I saw his end-of-season interview in January.   First, I loved how someone aked whether he'd need surgery to fix the injured knee he played on throughout the playoffs.  Matter-of-fact, low-key, he says "My knee is fine. I broke my fibula.  It will be fine."   I think every reporter in the room dropped their pencils.

Then someone asked whether the loss in the AFC championship game will motivate him in the 2021 season.   He seemed almost in pain when he said, "I'm as motivated as I can be.   I don't need to lose games to be motivated."   

Just love the guy.  

He’s not your typical football player. He’s just a different cat. But he’s such an awesome football player. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

JHC the guy is a proven commodity but he drops one pass in minicamp and he’s retiring or cut. I’m not gonna make it. 

Let's just ignore the fact he is 34 years old, multiple season ending injuries, 11 years already in the league, a new team/city, far from his family, and has more than enough money to live off of.  He has also won a superbowl already in his career.

How soon people forget about Boldin.

• Eyeroll 4

14 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Let's just ignore the fact he is 34 years old, multiple season ending injuries, 11 years already in the league, a new team/city, far from his family, and has more than enough money to live off of.  He has also won a superbowl already in his career.

I just love your energy!😒

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just spent ten minutes trying to figure out who JHC is and when he was added to the Bills roster!   

Next time, a comma would save me a lot of work!   

Personally, I don't think Sanders will have a big year.   Instead, I think he's going to have mediocre stats with some big, big plays in crunch time.  That's who he is now, I think.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So as has been explained elsewhere numerous times - NFL guaranteed salaries for veteran players are usually guaranteed for skill, injury, and cap.  Meaning if the player is cut because someone else is deemed better, or because he's injured, or because the team needs to fit under the cap - nopenope, player still gets his $$.

NFL salaries are NOT guaranteed for retirement.  You retire, you don't get your guaranteed salary and the team can request repayment of amortized signing bonus.

This is why Eric Wood gave a retirement press conference in which he carefully did not use the word "retire", and stayed on the roster until he failed his physical and was released the following season.

So contrary to your lack of surprise, I would be extremely surprised if Sanders handed back $6M in earnings to the Bills by retiring.

It would be shocking if Sanders retired.  What would be even more shocking is if these early adjustments to a new QB and new systems jitters are not temporary. People are ready to throw Sanders under the bus after a couple of practices?  Hilarious.  

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This ^^^

now that Star isn’t fat and out of shape and not retiring the crowd has jumped onto the Sanders is washed wagon…😂

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

So you’re going to take an outlier situation in Bolden and try to apply it to this situation got it

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Yeah your predictions have been spot on lol.  

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

To save other people I went through the twitter replies... apparently this is a polaris slingshot.  Likely a very special edition but the r line which is the top of the line starts at 31k. 

I was surprised to see it was that cheap as that is really nice looking imo.