Bills Mandatory Minicamp June 15-16

27 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I was reading that the knock on him in Chicago is he was a Practice hall of famer but it never materialized on the field. 

That could be, but he was never as bad as some chose to make him.  He has had a winning record every year after his rookie season, he has been close to 65% completions and 2:1 TD:Int rate.  He has posted close to a 90 QB rating for his career.  

He was just never going to live up to the expectations of a #2 pick over Mahomes and Watson.  The team and the FO never really did him many favors to help the offense thrive.

He has actually been equal to or better than Mayfield as a starting QB on the field, but Cleveland is not moving on from him.  The biggest difference is Chicago was looking to move on after struggles early in year 3 and never committed to him and Cleveland went out and got a third coach to try and build an offense that Mayfield can be successful in.

• Like (+1) 2

Good to hear Antonio Williams is making the most of his reps.  I like his running style and hope he can impress and make the team somehow.

I want to hear he is tearing it up on STs next.

Antonio Williams takes advantage of opportunity

With Zack Moss still in a red non-contact jersey and Matt Breida missing another practice, Antonio Williams got a chance to get more action on Wednesday. The second-year undrafted running back flashed the quickness and playmaking ability that Bills fans saw out of him when he played in the finale last year against the Miami Dolphins, scoring two touchdowns in the blowout.

Williams scored a touchdown on a nice run up the middle with Trubisky in at quarterback. After a few incompletions, Trubisky targeted Williams short two plays later and he made a quick move upfield and might have scored another one in a real game situation. The expectation is that Devin Singletary, Moss and Breida are the odds on favorite to make the 53-man roster, but Williams is a player to watch as he gets a chance to perform this summer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Good to hear Antonio Williams is making the most of his reps.  I like his running style and hope he can impress and make the team somehow.

I want to hear he is tearing it up on STs next.

Antonio Williams takes advantage of opportunity

With Zack Moss still in a red non-contact jersey and Matt Breida missing another practice, Antonio Williams got a chance to get more action on Wednesday. The second-year undrafted running back flashed the quickness and playmaking ability that Bills fans saw out of him when he played in the finale last year against the Miami Dolphins, scoring two touchdowns in the blowout.

Williams scored a touchdown on a nice run up the middle with Trubisky in at quarterback. After a few incompletions, Trubisky targeted Williams short two plays later and he made a quick move upfield and might have scored another one in a real game situation. The expectation is that Devin Singletary, Moss and Breida are the odds on favorite to make the 53-man roster, but Williams is a player to watch as he gets a chance to perform this summer.

I really hope he pushes for a spot. I love his running style.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You are always so dramatic.

What Sal said on WGR: Sanders had a tough day today. He had a clean drop and then a miscommunication with Allen. He didn’t have a particularly good day but these things happen, that’s why you have mini camps. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Star was never a massive human being anyway, so I’m not surprised he showed up to camp lighter. I’ve long complained about how small he was to play a position Ted Washington excelled in - and as much as we hope he’ll come in to save the run defense, I cannot forget his mediocre play, frequent stalemate single blocks, and how he was losing snaps to Horrible Harry before his ACL injury. I remain skeptical about the guy.

NT in a 3-4 is usually more massive than a DT in a 4-3. Cant really compare any 4-3 DT to Ted W.

• Thank you (+1) 1