ESPN Names the Top 50 College Football (FBS) WRs of the past 50 years

Two former Bills made the cut: Sammy Watkins at number 50 and this guy ??? at number 17. I bet most of you won’t guess him, I know that I sure didn’t.

Let’s play a game: post your guess below BEFORE you click the link to see who it is. No cheating. I bet there will be lots of great wrong answers. Don’t give it away for other participants.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/31598964/college-football-50-greatest-wide-receivers-50-years

For those of you who want the answer scroll down...

D2C00383-D421-4DE7-8042-577F24A80CC0.jpegThe answer is Josh Reed, LSU WR from 1999-2001.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Two former Bills made the cut: Sammy Watkins at number 50 and this guy ??? at number 17. I bet most of you won’t guess him, I know that I sure didn’t.

Let’s play a game: post your guess below BEFORE you click the link to see who it is. No cheating. I bet there will be lots of great wrong answers. Don’t give it away for other participants.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/31598964/college-football-50-greatest-wide-receivers-50-years

Josh Reed

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Sincerely without looking up anything, I completely agree with this guess. He set the single-season OR career receptions record, I think...

Noggin, I remember that too which is why I picked Zay.  I don’t have plus so I have no idea of right or wrong.  Chevy, by tonight can you tell us?

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t have ESPN+ but I will say Peter Warrick #1?

Meh. I'd take Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Tim Brown, Justin Blackmon, Michael Crabtree, or Braylon Edwards over him. 

Jerry Rice is not on the list. He played for a smaller school but had 300 catches, almost 4,700 receiving yards and 50 TDs. Imagine him in the Air Raid offenses in today's college game. Kirk Gibson is a cool name to put on the list at #45 but better college career than Rice?

And you really can't use the small school argument against him either. At #40 is Aaron Turner who went to Pacific. Their football program folded 3 years after he graduated and his numbers weren't as good (266-4,345-43). 

• Like (+1) 1