The Patriot QB's suck 🤣🤣

Dablitzkrieg

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Absolutely.  You may or may not know, but the majority of TBD sh** on Allen even before he was even picked and thereafter for awhile.  Rosen was the "chosen one"!  

I feel bad for Rosen, talk about a QB who truly got a bum deal. Lol.

Also if I remember correctly even the experts said Allen a hiGH Boom or bust potential and could go either way. IMO good coaching made it more Boom or just an average QB range.. he was never going be a bust but that’s MY OPINION. (Before someone attacks lol)

for example this years class of of QBs (1st round) I see Wilson, and Fields as being Busts based on their coaches and or dysfunctional organization. I expect Lance be a huge star but never wins a SB, (i kid a dig on the HC choking twice in SB) Lawrence being to talented to fail but I am not sure on the HC and organization..   

Jones I am biased on but he landed in the perfect spot for him anywhere else he be a sure fire bust. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

He's an Alabama QB, that doesn't bode well for the NFL.  Perhaps he's the one to buck the trend.

I read that as “noodle armed weenie can’t hang” and will not buck trend. I refuse to feel any kind of bad for the Pats after they just had 19 seasons of elite quarterback play. Suffer, you Pats fans, suffer in QB purgatory such as we have!

• Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Also if I remember correctly even the experts said Allen a hiGH Boom or bust potential and could go either way. IMO good coaching made it more Boom or just an average QB range.. he was never going be a bust but that’s MY OPINION. (Before someone attacks lol)

for example this years class of of QBs (1st round) I see Wilson, and Fields as being Busts based on their coaches and or dysfunctional organization. I expect Lance be a huge star but never wins a SB, (i kid a dig on the HC choking twice in SB) Lawrence being to talented to fail but I am not sure on the HC and organization..   

Jones I am biased on but he landed in the perfect spot for him anywhere else he be a sure fire bust. 

I don't. Go back and watch some of his AZ tape. He was laughably bad. His accuracy and pro readiness were undermined by his complete lack of preparation and anticipation. He was Nate Peterman with a slightly better arm. He made about 6 good throws all year. He was terrible and Miami is a sucker for having given up a 2nd rounder for that bum

Rosen has no one to blame but himself for his struggles

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The only thing I feel bad about is him being over drafted, and even in that sense I cant feel too terrible for a guy who has made nearly $14 million dollars for being terrible at football.    Good players arent replaced a year after being drafted, or cut/traded three times in four years.    His situation wasnt the problem, his lack on arm strength and mobility was the problem. 

In all reality, the guy hit the lottery.   He got paid $14 million dollars to not do something he is bad at anyways. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Belicheat really seems to love Cam for some reason.  I hope he starts a few games (enough for them to get off to a slow start) before they go to Jones.

Do you seriously think their season is going to speed up once Jones takes over?

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I don't think all that much of Jones but he does seem a helluva lot more accurate than Cam.  Cam looks totally shot.  

More accurate, yes. But, he throws with about 65% of Cam's velocity. And at 20-something years old, he already has a dad-bod.

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

His numbers are accurate but like 58% of his passes last year were Screen, RPO or play action 

Pretty sure we're going to a see a lot of play action and screen from NE this year, that and short pick plays.  I'm sure we'll also see the intermittent overthrown bomb to agholor to keep that threat alive.  

run, dink dunk, screen, run, run run, run....  They have RBs that can catch, good TE's and possession WRs, so this isn't too tough to figure out.  

In reality, an accurate noodle arm could actually do well.  

43 minutes ago, P Riv said:

Pretty sure we're going to a see a lot of play action and screen from NE this year, that and short pick plays.  I'm sure we'll also see the intermittent overthrown bomb to agholor to keep that threat alive.  

run, dink dunk, screen, run, run run, run....  They have RBs that can catch, good TE's and possession WRs, so this isn't too tough to figure out.  

In reality, an accurate noodle arm could actually do well.  

He really doesn’t have a “noodle” arm, I’m just not sure he has a fastball and he can’t move.

On 6/23/2021 at 8:27 PM, YoloinOhio said:

His numbers are accurate but like 58% of his passes last year were Screen, RPO or play action 

I find it at least slightly concerning that Alabama had 2 WRs, the RB, and 3 OL also get drafted in the same year.   4 of those in the first round, 5 in the first 37 picks.  Even with Waddle missing time, its not as if Metchie is a bad player.  

I liked Jones ability to throw people open a bit, and he made some nice RZ throws over his receivers shoulders.  But between the 20's it looked like a ton of shorter stuff and relying on his guys to make plays. 

18 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I find it at least slightly concerning that Alabama had 2 WRs, the RB, and 3 OL also get drafted in the same year.   4 of those in the first round, 5 in the first 37 picks.  Even with Waddle missing time, its not as if Metchie is a bad player.  

I liked Jones ability to throw people open a bit, and he made some nice RZ throws over his receivers shoulders.  But between the 20's it looked like a ton of shorter stuff and relying on his guys to make plays. 

And I don’t think any of this is a negative as much as it makes him harder to evaluate/project to the next level 

On 6/23/2021 at 6:38 PM, Rocky Landing said:

More accurate, yes. But, he throws with about 65% of Cam's velocity. And at 20-something years old, he already has a dad-bod.

Lmao on the Dad bod… you know who else supposedly had a dad bod was Brady. (I think someone on here put Brady combine photo and Macs photo together on here)

As for velocity that is IMO the most overrated thing people talk about.  “Oh what great velocity on that throw” meanwhile it was high and wide.  Accuracy IMO is far more important with occasional zip fit it into a tight window.  

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao on the Dad bod… you know who else supposedly had a dad bod was Brady. (I think someone on here put Brady combine photo and Macs photo together on here)

As for velocity that is IMO the most overrated thing people talk about.  “Oh what great velocity on that throw” meanwhile it was high and wide.  Accuracy IMO is far more important with occasional zip fit it into a tight window.  

Agree accuracy is more important but completion percentage is something that can increase over time for many reasons. Arm talent will not increase appreciably.  The challenge with lower arm talent is you need to make up for it with processing.  I don’t know Jones wonderlic off hand but I would overall think it’s easier to process at Bama than it will be in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Agree accuracy is more important but completion percentage is something that can increase over time for many reasons. Arm talent will not increase appreciably.  The challenge with lower arm talent is you need to make up for it with processing.  I don’t know Jones wonderlic off hand but I would overall think it’s easier to process at Bama than it will be in the NFL

I agree on easier process in Alabama.  As for his smarts, everyone is saying how super intelligent he is because he graduated from Alabama in 3 years.  Will that intelligence translate to football and reading D in the NFL? Only time will tell, I do know his teammates said they would choose him over Tua who everyone was gushing over before he got hurt. 

IMO he was the best fit for what the Patriots like to do on O. That being mostly short to intermediate throws and making decisions quickly in the pocket.   Outside of Lawrence I don’t think any of the other 5 would fit into the Patriots system as well.  (Again just my opinion)

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Well, too little zip and it won’t matter how accurate you are, the defense will start jumping on the ball. Take Allen for instance, he has a rocket for an arm but he uses it to rifle the ball in to his receivers in such a way that defenders simply can’t jump on it. Either the receiver gets it or no one does.

Also, I don’t think Mac will be a good QB. He benefited from an insanely talented supporting cast and great coaching. I could see him as a middling type of QB (better than Cam), but with that said, between Belichick and some of the other players you have on your roster, I would not be surprised at all to see the Patriots challenge the Bills for the division, but ultimately I think the Bills will stay ahead by 2-3 games. Still, great coaching is great coaching. Respect to Belichick, although I think he is on his way out, he’s still one of the best coaches in the history of the game. Never underestimate his ability as a game planner and getting the most out of his players.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

I agree on easier process in Alabama.  As for his smarts, everyone is saying how super intelligent he is because he graduated from Alabama in 3 years.  Will that intelligence translate to football and reading D in the NFL? Only time will tell, I do know his teammates said they would choose him over Tua who everyone was gushing over before he got hurt. 

IMO he was the best fit for what the Patriots like to do on O. That being mostly short to intermediate throws and making decisions quickly in the pocket.   Outside of Lawrence I don’t think any of the other 5 would fit into the Patriots system as well.  (Again just my opinion)

It strikes me, especially with their continued investment in Cam Newton, that what they do is work to the strengths of what they have. That being said, I'm still trying to imagine what a transition from Cam Newton to Mac & Cheese Jones will look like? I think I already mentioned in this thread that you'd be hard-pressed to find two active QBs in the league that have less in common. I'm really hoping that transition happens mid-season. It would be interesting to watch.

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Well, too little zip and it won’t matter how accurate you are, the defense will start jumping on the ball. Take Allen for instance, he has a rocket for an arm but he uses it to rifle the ball in to his receivers in such a way that defenders simply can’t jump on it. Either the receiver gets it or no one does.

Also, I don’t think Mac will be a good QB. He benefited from an insanely talented supporting cast and great coaching. I could see him as a middling type of QB (better than Cam), but with that said, between Belichick and some of the other players you have on your roster, I would not be surprised at all to see the Patriots challenge the Bills for the division, but ultimately I think the Bills will stay ahead by 2-3 games. Still, great coaching is great coaching. Respect to Belichick, although I think he is on his way out, he’s still one of the best coaches in the history of the game. Never underestimate his ability as a game planner and getting the most out of his players.

Allen is a known commodity, plain and simple we know he is good and will be top 5 in the league.  Jones all we have is what talking heads say and his game tapes.  Yes he was surrounded by talent but he had the smarts step up in the pocket and he read Defenses well and delivered the ball on target and on time, he also broke NCAA record for accuracy.  We won’t know if he be a boom or bust till he plays in the NFL.

I think BB brought back Cam for a few reasons.  First being that no QB was left at 15 and we ended up with the second tier QBs who definitely wouldn’t be ready to year 2. Second to give Jones time to learn the playbook and get use to NFL game speed.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Jones sat the year even if Cam stinks  because another high draft picks give us hopefully a #1 WR for him to throw to. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.