Jump to content

The Patriot QB's suck 🤣🤣


Recommended Posts

They don't have Brady, they definitely don't have anyone like Allen.  What I've been saying is that they don't need that.  Here's a look at QB play in Hoodie's past, all SB seasons except 93 which was still playoffs and at least one win:

Gms       att          cpl          cpl%       yds         ypc         TD           INT         rtg

16           259         468         55.3        3,487     7.5          21           22           74.6  Simms 86

14           184         311         59.2        2,284     7.3          15           4              92.7  Simms 90

14           207         376         55.05     2575       6.9          16           18           70.7  Testaverde 94

16           314         522         60.15     3706       7.1          28           15           87.7  Bledsoe 96

14           264         413                         2843       6.9          18           12           86.5  Brady 01

16           317         527                         3620       6.9          23           12           85.9  Brady 03

 

Hoodie needs "good" QB play, not MVP or great.  Them's the facts.  They're going to contest the division... We'll win, but I'm not taking them lightly.

  • Disagree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, P Riv said:

They don't have Brady, they definitely don't have anyone like Allen.  What I've been saying is that they don't need that.  Here's a look at QB play in Hoodie's past, all SB seasons except 93 which was still playoffs and at least one win:

Gms       att          cpl          cpl%       yds         ypc         TD           INT         rtg

16           259         468         55.3        3,487     7.5          21           22           74.6  Simms 86

14           184         311         59.2        2,284     7.3          15           4              92.7  Simms 90

14           207         376         55.05     2575       6.9          16           18           70.7  Testaverde 94

16           314         522         60.15     3706       7.1          28           15           87.7  Bledsoe 96

14           264         413                         2843       6.9          18           12           86.5  Brady 01

16           317         527                         3620       6.9          23           12           85.9  Brady 03

 

Hoodie needs "good" QB play, not MVP or great.  Them's the facts.  They're going to contest the division... We'll win, but I'm not taking them lightly.

You are pulling numbers from 1990 and 2003 to say that they can win like that today? Have you watched any football in the last 10 years? 

 

Those are Tyrod Taylor numbers. You get to 500 with that at best. We watched it here for 17 years cmon man

 

 

 

 

image.png

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Success said:

The Patriots offseason reminded me of us during the drought.

 

Going kind of nuts in FA - getting all the headlines the 1st few days.  Apparently getting some really good players and filling holes.

 

But all for naught, because they DON'T HAVE A QB.

 

Getting the QB leftovers in the draft and FA and hoping they don't suck 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, P Riv said:

They don't have Brady, they definitely don't have anyone like Allen.  What I've been saying is that they don't need that.  Here's a look at QB play in Hoodie's past, all SB seasons except 93 which was still playoffs and at least one win:

Gms       att          cpl          cpl%       yds         ypc         TD           INT         rtg

16           259         468         55.3        3,487     7.5          21           22           74.6  Simms 86

14           184         311         59.2        2,284     7.3          15           4              92.7  Simms 90

14           207         376         55.05     2575       6.9          16           18           70.7  Testaverde 94

16           314         522         60.15     3706       7.1          28           15           87.7  Bledsoe 96

14           264         413                         2843       6.9          18           12           86.5  Brady 01

16           317         527                         3620       6.9          23           12           85.9  Brady 03

 

Hoodie needs "good" QB play, not MVP or great.  Them's the facts.  They're going to contest the division... We'll win, but I'm not taking them lightly.

I had to read this a few times to figure out what you are trying to say. I’m still not sure. Those QB stats tell like a fraction of the story with those teams, most of which he was simply a coordinator. He’s  been to the playoffs once without Brady at the helm, and Brady then played through the playoffs. He’s had three seasons without him playing  at all and while those teams weren’t all awful (except the first one), it wasn’t good either.

 

IMO I would prefer that their team is decent this year, just outside making any real noise in the playoffs but not top 5 in the draft. because I like to see them in QB Purgatory, drafting too low for the top QBs. Bottoming out would actually help them. But belichick’s pride won’t let that happen. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

You are pulling numbers from 1990 and 2003 to say that they can win like that today? Have you watched any football in the last 10 years? 

 

Those are Tyrod Taylor numbers. You get to 500 with that at best. We watched it here for 17 years cmon man

 

 

Hoodie's teams usually rely on defense, special teams and competent QB play.  Yeah I watched the last 10 years and apparently fans think there's a template that you need super star triplets (QB, WR, RB) to win.  

I posted QB's as far back as Simms because thats his influence, past and how Belichick operates.  Those QBs didn't have awesome seasons in those years, they simply did what he asked (or what his mentor Parcells asked).  

Their defense and special teams are stacked this year.  Their O-line is top 5, and they have talent and depth at TE.  They have solid possession WRs now too.  All that's missing is competent QB play, which may or may not happen and that's the biggest variable remaining.  All I'm saying is last year wasn't some sort of trend, it was one season with all sorts of reasons to explain why it went the way it did.  I'm not sleeping on them or underestimating what they have over there... I swear, any sort of reality check is like treason around here, its crazy.

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, P Riv said:

 

Hoodie's teams usually rely on defense, special teams and competent QB play.  Yeah I watched the last 10 years and apparently fans think there's a template that you need super star triplets (QB, WR, RB) to win.  

I posted QB's as far back as Simms because thats his influence, past and how Belichick operates.  Those QBs didn't have awesome seasons in those years, they simply did what he asked (or what his mentor Parcells asked).  

Their defense and special teams are stacked this year.  Their O-line is top 5, and they have talent and depth at TE.  They have solid possession WRs now too.  All that's missing is competent QB play, which may or may not happen and that's the biggest variable remaining.  All I'm saying is last year wasn't some sort of trend, it was one season with all sorts of reasons to explain why it went the way it did.  I'm not sleeping on them or underestimating what they have over there... I swear, any sort of reality check is like treason around here, its crazy.

 

 

Agreed with everything you said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, P Riv said:

 

Hoodie's teams usually rely on defense, special teams and competent QB play.  Yeah I watched the last 10 years and apparently fans think there's a template that you need super star triplets (QB, WR, RB) to win.  

I posted QB's as far back as Simms because thats his influence, past and how Belichick operates.  Those QBs didn't have awesome seasons in those years, they simply did what he asked (or what his mentor Parcells asked).  

Their defense and special teams are stacked this year.  Their O-line is top 5, and they have talent and depth at TE.  They have solid possession WRs now too.  All that's missing is competent QB play, which may or may not happen and that's the biggest variable remaining.  All I'm saying is last year wasn't some sort of trend, it was one season with all sorts of reasons to explain why it went the way it did.  I'm not sleeping on them or underestimating what they have over there... I swear, any sort of reality check is like treason around here, its crazy.

Yes, this is what caused a 17 year playoff drought in Buffalo and Cleveland. The Bills led the league in rushing once and had 54 sacks another year and missed the playoffs both times. 

 

QB is the most important position and pulling Phil Simms stats to prove your point shows you don't have a logical point. Comparing how football was played in 1990 to 2021 is like comparing 1990 to 1959. Same 31 year gap

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2021 at 9:59 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I had to read this a few times to figure out what you are trying to say. I’m still not sure. Those QB stats tell like a fraction of the story with those teams, most of which he was simply a coordinator. He’s  been to the playoffs once without Brady at the helm, and Brady then played through the playoffs. He’s had three seasons without him playing  at all and while those teams weren’t all awful (except the first one), it wasn’t good either.

 

IMO I would prefer that their team is decent this year, just outside making any real noise in the playoffs but not top 5 in the draft. because I like to see them in QB Purgatory, drafting too low for the top QBs. Bottoming out would actually help them. But belichick’s pride won’t let that happen. 

I also tried to figure it out but have given up, not sure what the point is, poster is trying to prove an agenda which is fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

 

 

Fandom has nothing to do with making sense. 

You're going to have a hard time making sense of the AFC East for the next 20 years bro

 

The Patriots time has ended.. and you'll never get a Tom Brady again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You're going to have a hard time making sense of the AFC East for the next 20 years bro

 

The Patriots time has ended.. and you'll never get a Tom Brady again

 

ha ha. Yes and you know exactly how the next 20 years are going to go right? 

Edited by Ghost_002!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

 

ha ha. Yes and you know exactly how the next 20 years are going to do right? 

The bills have one of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL and a good young head coach

 

You do realize we stuck through the team through dog s*** for 20 years? 

 

Anything positive is gravy.. after three straight losing seasons, people will just be calling themselves Celtics and sox fans again in Boston

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I also tried to figure it out but have given up, not sure what the point is, poster is trying to prove an agenda which is fine.

Agenda?  This thread Patriots QBs suck and the underlying metric is Josh Allen.  The point is clear, Hoodie has a recipe for QBs that goes back 30+ years and hasn't changed:  

They upgraded their whole roster, I'm not underestimating them unlike most people here.  

Edited by P Riv
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2021 at 9:53 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

You are pulling numbers from 1990 and 2003 to say that they can win like that today? Have you watched any football in the last 10 years? 

 

Those are Tyrod Taylor numbers. You get to 500 with that at best. We watched it here for 17 years cmon man

 

 

 

 

image.png

First your team sucked for so long because you had terrible HC and terrible GM’s.   BB went 7-9 with a QB EVERYONE knew couldn’t throw anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

 

 

Fandom has nothing to do with making sense. 

Pats fans making sense, Bwahahahahaha, okay Casper,   whatever ya gotta tell yourself, 😂

Edited by Don Otreply
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...