The Patriot QB's suck 🤣🤣

Dablitzkrieg

10 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Who stopped talking about QBs in here? Nobody. But let's not act like other stuff pertaining to NE isn't being discuss in here as well. Like some of you all kill me. Like we gotta act sky is fallen for some of you.  

But QB is pretty important wouldn't you agree.  You Pats* fans are in the position of having to hang your hopes on the 5th selected QB in the draft.

It's just a fact.

Bills fans through the drought had some great defenses and a lot of other things going for them and it didn't matter.  We didn't have a QB.

You and I have discussed that it's your opinion that it all lies in BBs hands for the future (next couple of years) how the team performs.

I believe that is true and we will see what that brings this year.

My question to you as a Pats* fan is this.  What do you think will happen at home games in NE IF they start of very slow in the first 4 games,

especially when Tommy is there for Game 4.  Do you see the home fans with a lot of patience?

I don't and I think that is important.

26 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

But QB is pretty important wouldn't you agree.  You Pats* fans are in the position of having to hang your hopes on the 5th selected QB in the draft.

It's just a fact.

Bills fans through the drought had some great defenses and a lot of other things going for them and it didn't matter.  We didn't have a QB.

You and I have discussed that it's your opinion that it all lies in BBs hands for the future (next couple of years) how the team performs.

I believe that is true and we will see what that brings this year.

My question to you as a Pats* fan is this.  What do you think will happen at home games in NE IF they start of very slow in the first 4 games,

especially when Tommy is there for Game 4.  Do you see the home fans with a lot of patience?

I don't and I think that is important.

You are right, QB is the most important position and its what pushes a lot of the talk shows here in NE. You have my opinion on the matter and PatsfanNH thoughts as well. For us overall there is nothing else that needs to be said until the season starts. I can only speak for me and not him, my view is not gonna be the "sky is fallen" because i watched them win multiple SBs already, I am satisfied as a fan. 

And to answer your question, they will be boo'd, BB will be boo'd-the radio shows will increase the  "Mac Jones should be the starter" talks. Fans will call in and say " what is BB thinking", "Kraft has to step in and force BB hands". Some will say they should of never let Brady go..."BBs ego is ruining the team...blah blah". Tom coming and winning, I do not think will mean much honestly. I think most NE fans expect the Bucs to win that game, some are even saying in a blow out. But overall if the team is not performing well and Cam is sucking their will be "mutiny"  from a lot of the pats fan base. 

Most just want Mac Jones to start now and just take his lumps at a rookie

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Who stopped talking about QBs in here? Nobody. But let's not act like other stuff pertaining to NE isn't being discuss in here as well. Like some of you all kill me. Like we gotta act sky is fallen for some of you.  

You literally said point me to where I have debated the QBs. You don’t seem to agree with the OP.  So I chuckled at that. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

You literally said point me to where I have debated the QBs. You don’t seem to agree with the OP.  So I chuckled at that. 

NE QB situation leaves a lot to be desired.....i have already stated that is my opinion  plenty of times in this thread and in others. So i am not sitting here "fighting"/debating with bills fans about NE QB situations because again it's nothing to "write home" about, but unlike most fans here. I don't think the patriots are gonna be doomed if and when Mac Jones starts as the QB either. 

so in his case i was not debating with him about their QBs. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

46 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

And you two talk like your team is still relevant… no worries, all of us here on TSW feel your pain…, 😁😂😆👍

Go Bills!!!

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

And you two talk like your team is still relevant… no worries, all of us here on TSW feel your pain…, 😁😂😆👍

Go Bills!!!

Say the poster whose fanbase creates NE patriots threads keeping them "relevant" good job. 

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Can I ask how you come buy your opinion? While I agree he will make rookie mistakes, all rookies do. I also think you are falling into the Cowherd trap of thinking.. which is “A QB has to have speed to be good”.  I disagree a QB has to be able to make the. Throws and use the pocket well.. 

Mahomes is great because he makes ridiculous throws not because he can run.

Watson is also great because he can make throws while on the run, and hard bring down.

Allen is great because he makes amazing passes and occasionally runs

Brady — can’t run but uses intelligence and smarts and accuracy to win.

Jackson — runs first and a passer second, has won 1 playoff game.  IMO over rated 

Speed is very helpful for a rookie QB as they adjust to the speed of the game, especially since they often times have bad O-lines.

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

Say the poster whose fanbase creates NE patriots threads keeping them "relevant" good job. 

😁😂😆

Relevant?  They don't need us on a Bills board for that.  People outside of NE are picking them to win the Div: Which team wins the AFC East this season? Which team wins the AFC East this season? | First Take - YouTube    (edit-link not working???)

Newton is likely to be better than last year, he's already showing that in camp apparently.  I know in our Bills mafia world that 2020 is Josh's floor and 2020's stats are Newton's ceiling though, right?  lol

This brings back warm memories of August homerism on BBMB, where Brady was too old to play about 10 years ago.  Just you wait they said.  

Its going to be a great season, we're going to win a tough division and the past doesn't mean squat.  

Edited by P Riv
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, P Riv said:

Relevant?  They don't need us on a Bills board for that.  People outside of NE are picking them to win the Div: Which team wins the AFC East this season? Which team wins the AFC East this season? | First Take - YouTube    (edit-link not working???)

Newton is likely to be better than last year, he's already showing that in camp apparently.  I know in our Bills mafia world that 2020 is Josh's floor and 2020's stats are Newton's ceiling though, right?  lol

This brings back warm memories of August homerism on BBMB, where Brady was too old to play about 10 years ago.  Just you wait they said.  

Its going to be a great season, we're going to win a tough division and the past doesn't mean squat.  

I hear those talking heads as well picking the Pats. I don’t see how anyone with eyes could! They are at best the 2nd best team in the East and maybe even 3rd best but I believe Miami going take a step back with Tua.

like you said it’s a new year and anything can happen. Maybe the Bills suffer the injury bug like the 49ers did last year making the East wide open.. Maybe Allen takes a step back for some odd reason (I doubt it), or maybe Jones is the second coming of Brady.  We don’t have a clue.. so let’s just enjoy the season.

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I hear those talking heads as well picking the Pats. I don’t see how anyone with eyes could! They are at best the 2nd best team in the East and maybe even 3rd best but I believe Miami going take a step back with Tua.

like you said it’s a new year and anything can happen. Maybe the Bills suffer the injury bug like the 49ers did last year making the East wide open.. Maybe Allen takes a step back for some odd reason (I doubt it), or maybe Jones is the second coming of Brady.  We don’t have a clue.. so let’s just enjoy the season.

There's many scenarios, but what I keep coming back to is that we have a superstar QB1 and WR1, solid WR's overall, and NE is better at every other position group on both sides of the ball.  All of our eggs are in one basket (passing game, JA17 being a superstar).  To me, thats pretty one dimensional and fragile.  

If NE gets somewhere between decent and "good" QB play, they will be a very tough out.  I expect to win the division, but its going to be tough and a lot can go wrong.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/3/2021 at 8:32 AM, P Riv said:

There's many scenarios, but what I keep coming back to is that we have a superstar QB1 and WR1, solid WR's overall, and NE is better at every other position group on both sides of the ball.  All of our eggs are in one basket (passing game, JA17 being a superstar).  To me, thats pretty one dimensional and fragile.  

If NE gets somewhere between decent and "good" QB play, they will be a very tough out.  I expect to win the division, but its going to be tough and a lot can go wrong.  

Better at every position?  There are a lot of draws to me.  OL, RB, DL, and Secondary would be draws for me.  I would give us the advantage at off ball LB.  Obviously they are better at TE  as their room is pushing for best in the league.  Maybe they have the advantage at DL if youre bullish on Van Noy and Judon but I'm liking what I'm hearing about our dudes.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/2/2021 at 11:50 PM, PatsFanNH said:

I feel like Miami isn't as good as their record indicated.  The Rams game was a great Defensive effort, probably same for the 49ers.  but 4 big defensive games against NYJx2, Cincy backup qb, and Jags really lowered that PPG allowed.  6th in points allowed after the bills beatdown week 17, but i think the 20th in yards shows them as a bit more of a mediocre unit.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Better at every position?  There are a lot of draws to me.  OL, RB, DL, and Secondary would be draws for me.  I would give us the advantage at off ball LB.  Obviously they are better at TE  as their room is pushing for best in the league.  Maybe they have the advantage at DL if youre bullish on Van Noy and Judon but I'm liking what I'm hearing about our dudes.

Its not my personal opinion per se, its what I found at most sites around the web.  Their O-line is rated at least 10 spots ahead of ours.  Their RB group is rated higher also.  As far as defense goes, all of their position groups are rated higher as is their defense overall.  Some groups are really close, but overall this seems to be the common outlook: https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-defense-rankings/

8 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I feel like Miami isn't as good as their record indicated.  The Rams game was a great Defensive effort, probably same for the 49ers.  but 4 big defensive games against NYJx2, Cincy backup qb, and Jags really lowered that PPG allowed.  6th in points allowed after the bills beatdown week 17, but i think the 20th in yards shows them as a bit more of a mediocre unit.  

They also benefited from a lot of turnovers.  You can't count on consistently generating turnovers week to week.  Plus, who knows what is going to happen with the Xavien Howard situation

1 minute ago, berg1029 said:

They also benefited from a lot of turnovers.  You can't count on consistently generating turnovers week to week.  Plus, who knows what is going to happen with the Xavien Howard situation

Yep.  Fumbles especially are feast or famine.  Once teams know you're a team that pulls the ball, they always seem to protect the ball better. 

But playing lousy QBs helps get more INTs.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.