The Patriot QB's suck 🤣🤣

Dablitzkrieg

On 7/19/2021 at 11:50 AM, P Riv said:

Thats pretty hopeful considering they won 7 last year with bottom feeder talent and upgraded every position grouping, some substantially (LB, TE).  They will likely have a top 5 defense, top 5 O-line and running game and only require a game manager at QB.  They can't win a shoot out or even compete in one, but my guess is they won't have many of those.  My guess is they start fast at like 6-2, then fade down the stretch and win 9 or 10 when its all done.  Just enough to threaten playoffs and get a middling draft position.  Hoodie needs 36 more wins to tie Shula, so my guess is he gets 10 this year and sticks around.  If Jones develops they'll be a threat next year, if not they will be where we were for all those years (not bad, not good).  

Jones was a desperate pick, he was the product of playing with elite talent.  He will never be anything more than a mediocre QB, at best. He won’t be as good as Brady’s last year with the Pats. 
If there is any kind of justice, Belichick doesn’t win more than Shula. Talk about two guys doing it the complete opposite way. Belichick is a cheater and a guy who benefited from one QB playing for 20 years at a pro bowl level. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Jones was a desperate pick, he was the product of playing with elite talent.  He will never be anything more than a mediocre QB, at best. He won’t be as good as Brady’s last year with the Pats. 
If there is any kind of justice, Belichick doesn’t win more than Shula. Talk about two guys doing it the complete opposite way. Belichick is a cheater and a guy who benefited from one QB playing for 20 years at a pro bowl level. 

Shula had Unitas, Griese and Marino.  Like thats a handicap.  I hope Hoodie ties him so neither has bragging rights.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, P Riv said:

Shula had Unitas, Griese and Marino.  Like thats a handicap.  I hope Hoodie ties him so neither has bragging rights.  

Doing it with different QB’s is more impressive than one for me. To my knowledge, Shula was never punished for cheating.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Doing it with different QB’s is more impressive than one for me. To my knowledge, Shula was never punished for cheating.

How about the salary cap error where players move from team to team constantly. Nothing against Shula but he wasn't dealing with that.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

How about the salary cap error where players move from team to team constantly. Nothing against Shula but he wasn't dealing with that.

Before the salary cap era, most of the teams that were perennial playoff contenders also had the highest payroll.  SF back in the day bought championships and kept trying it when the cap era started (they got busted).  I'm pretty sure Miami was up there in payroll when Shula was there.  

On 7/20/2021 at 3:16 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

ROFLMAO ya because all Shula did was messed up a HOF QB playing at a pro bowl level for well over a decade and never won a damn thing with him! 

No a desperate pick was the Texans pick of a QB. The Pats took the best available player at 15 in Jones. Also a “product of elite Talent” umm then why didn’t Hurst or Tua break records for completion percentage or get praised by their WR?

Now Jones could be a bust or he could be an average or great player only time will tell us not arm chair GMs who base their opinion off of what they want and not what we saw on the field.

• Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Again, another reason Brady was the main piece to the dynasty , Brady taking discounts helped the Pats. 

Absolutely, also helped he made it so others took discounts as well like Harrison, and Bruschi etc.. but a great QB isn’t all that’s needed, I mean see Shula with Marino.. they won nothing and Marino was a top 5 QB, and they made the SB once! 

Just now, Gugny said:

Way to go out on a limb, there.

Lmao in context I was just trying say how arm chair GMs are annoying for both sides. I am not saying how he will be till I see him throw ONE pass in the NFL. 

On 7/20/2021 at 10:33 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

You do know Shula never won anything with Marino?

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

ROFLMAO ya because all Shula did was messed up a HOF QB playing at a pro bowl level for well over a decade and never won a damn thing with him! 

No a desperate pick was the Texans pick of a QB. The Pats took the best available player at 15 in Jones. Also a “product of elite Talent” umm then why didn’t Hurst or Tua break records for completion percentage or get praised by their WR?

Now Jones could be a bust or he could be an average or great player only time will tell us not arm chair GMs who base their opinion off of what they want and not what we saw on the field.

Striking fear into opponents:

mac.thumb.jpg.2f3b6624f91859f6ecb223bbe0571b86.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, P Riv said:

Before the salary cap era, most of the teams that were perennial playoff contenders also had the highest payroll.  SF back in the day bought championships and kept trying it when the cap era started (they got busted).  [b]I'm pretty sure Miami was up there in payroll when Shula was there.  [/b]

possibly, but i don't  think Shula's era dealt with the kind of pay roll/salaries the players started getting and as i mention before, free agency as well.  Different eras, players stay with their teams in shula's era as oppose to players constantly leaving now a days. 

18 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Again, another reason Brady was the main piece to the dynasty , Brady taking discounts helped the Pats. 

I don't think there is an argument for how important Brady was to their dynasty, i wasn't even arguing that, but to think it's all Brady is dumb. players play and coaches coach. Both were big pieces to the puzzle. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

10 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I don't think there is an argument for how important Brady was to their dynasty, i wasn't even arguing that, but to think it's all Brady is dumb. players play and coaches coach. Both were big pieces to the puzzle. 

Agree.  You had a line about Montana and the 49ers which got me thinking about Terry Bradshaw's importance to the 70's steelers dysnasty.  Tough for me to tell cause of the nature of the game at that time, but he did not seem that instrumental to them.  His all pro year in 1978 he threw 20 picks.  uggh....

4 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Agree.  You had a line about Montana and the 49ers which got me thinking about Terry Bradshaw's importance to the 70's steelers dysnasty.  Tough for me to tell cause of the nature of the game at that time, but he did not seem that instrumental to them.  His all pro year in 1978 he threw 20 picks.  uggh....

Yea, i was going to be sarcastic and say  you don't think Montana was an important piece to the 49ers dynasty. Basically trying to say you can check any teams dynasty or championship run and see a QB being an important piece to the puzzle. But for some who just wanna stop there, if they dig deeper they will see it's more to it than just the QB.  

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

Yea, i was going to be sarcastic and say  you don't think Montana was an important piece to the 49ers dynasty. Basically trying to say you can check any teams dynasty or championship run and see a QB being an important piece to the puzzle. But for some who just wanna stop there, if they dig deeper they will see it's more to it than just the QB.  

Yeah I saw you editted out but i sorta wanted to rag on bradshaw after he was ragging on our boy in the Tenn game.  His wiki page where it says "Widely considered to be one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time" mustve been written by a Yinzer.  

10 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Absolutely, also helped he made it so others took discounts as well like Harrison, and Bruschi etc.. but a great QB isn’t all that’s needed, I mean see Shula with Marino.. they won nothing and Marino was a top 5 QB, and they made the SB once! 

Lmao in context I was just trying say how arm chair GMs are annoying for both sides. I am not saying how he will be till I see him throw ONE pass in the NFL. 

Keep coming on this board as Belichick and the Pats fade back into nothingness. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

You can thank Kelly and the Bills for that…:w00t:

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao did you see Brady’s photo from the combine? It wasn’t much different. I dare say he makes most D even today pee themselves.. lol

Man all these foolish teams taking QBs in peak physical condition if only they knew the secret. 🙄

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.