The Patriot QB's suck 🤣🤣

Dablitzkrieg

3 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

None of course. However he (and other Pats fans) always come back with...." he may not have won a Super Bowl before Brady, but made an appearance with Bledsoe". But common sense tells us that B.B was nothing but a good Defensive coach without Brady and would not have won those titles without Brady either.

Also there were a few seasons Brady had some really good weapons at WR, but was more seasons Brady made many nobodies into somebodies....at least while they were in N.E.

Agreed; but do need to point out that the Bledsoe SB appearance in 96 was not with BB as a HC; Parcells had brought BB in after he was canned in Cleveland following the ‘95 season. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Agreed; but do need to point out that the Bledsoe SB appearance in 96 was not with BB as a HC; Parcells had brought BB in after he was canned in Cleveland following the ‘95 season. 

Yes that correct.Totally forgot lol, BB been there so long it slipped my mind Parcells was coach then lol

• Like (+1) 1

Of the two Parcells was the genius.  BB is an excellent coach, and that shouldn’t be in question.  Think what Parcells did. He won two SB’s with the Giants and the second one with his backup QB.  He turned the Pats around from the lagging stock of the league to a winning team and on his fourth year the SB.  Then he turned the Jets around as well as a joke to the championship game.  He also turned the Cowgirls around as well.

A lot of people don’t like him as he was prickly to the media, but it was calculated to use the media as a tool.

BB is doing his best minus Brady by drafting a meh QB, getting tall TE’s and solid RB’s.  This probably get him a slightly winning record beating mediocre teams say 9-8.  They aren’t a playoff team. It couldn’t be better from our perspective.  Win just enough to not have a high draft spot, lose enough to not make the playoffs.

12 hours ago, Success said:

Kraft caught lightning in a bottle w/ Belichick.  He hasn't had to really do anything as an owner for 20 years.

They didn't win Super Bowls before Brady, and I don't see them winning a lot after him.  This coming season feels like BB's last hurrah - he "won the offseason" with a lot of spending, but they're still stuck at the QB position.

Posts like this are why I'm so looking forward to the years ahead.

Sad thing is, these fair weather Pats fans won’t come here then. It’s fascinating to read how delusional they are about the future of their team.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Of the two Parcells was the genius.  BB is an excellent coach, and that shouldn’t be in question.  Think what Parcells did. He won two SB’s with the Giants and the second one with his backup QB.  He turned the Pats around from the lagging stock of the league to a winning team and on his fourth year the SB.  Then he turned the Jets around as well as a joke to the championship game.  He also turned the Cowgirls around as well.

A lot of people don’t like him as he was prickly to the media, but it was calculated to use the media as a tool.

BB is doing his best minus Brady by drafting a meh QB, getting tall TE’s and solid RB’s.  This probably get him a slightly winning record beating mediocre teams say 9-8.  They aren’t a playoff team. It couldn’t be better from our perspective.  Win just enough to not have a high draft spot, lose enough to not make the playoffs.

Every year Belichick sticks around the luster wears off his shine. Brady made Belichick more than vice versa. I refer to Bradys backing BB in the locker room and getting the rest of the team to buy in, as much if not more so than his play on the field.

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I always thought the opposite was true personally.  Hoodie beat the Tuna in the playoffs.  That and Tuna never won anything without Hoodie as his DC/ass't HC.  

You're probably right about 9-8, they are projected to win 9.5 games by the odds makers.  So its 9-8 or 10-7, no threat this year.  

We're projected to win 11, so not really sure how it all works.  

10 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Sad thing is, these fair weather Pats fans won’t come here then. It’s fascinating to read how delusional they are about the future of their team.

That's Leaguewide, maybe even in every sport.... lol   Homerism, we have our share too.

22 hours ago, Success said:

No - the Bills weren't well run.  Not what I was saying.

But they are now, and the danger of moving to Toronto has passed. As happens in sports, things shift & times change. 

Thank you, they report the “want to” but never update you when things change. (Outside of the area of course)

18 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

None of course. However he (and other Pats fans) always come back with...." he may not have won a Super Bowl before Brady, but made an appearance with Bledsoe". But common sense tells us that B.B was nothing but a good Defensive coach without Brady and would not have won those titles without Brady either.

Also there were a few seasons Brady had some really good weapons at WR, but was more seasons Brady made many nobodies into somebodies....at least while they were in N.E.

Tuna was HC in 96. Also Brady was a game manager for the 2001 SB and dare say the D also won 2003 and 2004.  Now the other 3 SB you can definitely say it was Brady and the O winning it. (I mean 2 we’re the biggest comebacks in SB history 10 against the legion of boom and 25 bs Atlanta.)

7 hours ago, P Riv said:

I always thought the opposite was true personally.  Hoodie beat the Tuna in the playoffs.  That and Tuna never won anything without Hoodie as his DC/ass't HC.  

You're probably right about 9-8, they are projected to win 9.5 games by the odds makers.  So its 9-8 or 10-7, no threat this year.  

We're projected to win 11, so not really sure how it all works.  

That's Leaguewide, maybe even in every sport.... lol   Homerism, we have our share too.

They won’t win 9 games. Vegas knows there is enough people who still buy into the BB BS. Watch what the leagues does to Bill and the Pats this season. 

14 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

They won’t win 9 games. Vegas knows there is enough people who still buy into the BB BS. Watch what the leagues does to Bill and the Pats this season. 

Thats pretty hopeful considering they won 7 last year with bottom feeder talent and upgraded every position grouping, some substantially (LB, TE).  They will likely have a top 5 defense, top 5 O-line and running game and only require a game manager at QB.  They can't win a shoot out or even compete in one, but my guess is they won't have many of those.  My guess is they start fast at like 6-2, then fade down the stretch and win 9 or 10 when its all done.  Just enough to threaten playoffs and get a middling draft position.  Hoodie needs 36 more wins to tie Shula, so my guess is he gets 10 this year and sticks around.  If Jones develops they'll be a threat next year, if not they will be where we were for all those years (not bad, not good).  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, P Riv said:

Thats pretty hopeful considering they won 7 last year with bottom feeder talent and upgraded every position grouping, some substantially (LB, TE).  They will likely have a top 5 defense, top 5 O-line and running game and only require a game manager at QB.  They can't win a shoot out or even compete in one, but my guess is they won't have many of those.  My guess is they start fast at like 6-2, then fade down the stretch and win 9 or 10 when its all done.  Just enough to threaten playoffs and get a middling draft position.  Hoodie needs 36 more wins to tie Shula, so my guess is he gets 10 this year and sticks around.  If Jones develops they'll be a threat next year, if not they will be where we were for all those years (not bad, not good).  

Snyder in DC “bought talent” every season for what seems like forever,  really didn’t do him much good, this is the pats future until they get a real QB, and learn how to draft well, not looking like that’s happening any time soon, now BB has started down the Snyder path of buying expensive FA talent annually and hoping to god that it all clicks, nice to see him in that position.

4 hours ago, P Riv said:

Something I'm not hearing mentioned a lot is all the new pieces and how they will come together.  This is not something BB has had to deal with a lot in the past. 

1 hour ago, P Riv said:

Saw this today while on the treadmill: 

Ok first I as a Pats fan highly doubt the Pats win the Division! The Bills are still a better team. That said I expect them to win 10 to 11 games maybe more and be a wild card team and once your in anything can happen.  (I agree about Cam passing ability why I am excited about Jones whose accuracy and smarts are his game.)

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok first I as a Pats fan highly doubt the Pats win the Division! The Bills are still a better team. That said I expect them to win 10 to 11 games maybe more and be a wild card team and once your in anything can happen.  (I agree about Cam passing ability why I am excited about Jones whose accuracy and smarts are his game.)

Those are some rose colored glasses. 10 or 11 wins? I don't see that. Maybe 8 or 9.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Those are some rose colored glasses. 10 or 11 wins? I don't see that. Maybe 8 or 9.

Yeah, I tend to agree.  Can’t see 11-6 out of a team with Cam or the rookie behind center.  Their defense will be very good, though.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I am going based off of who we face this year. A much easier schedule than last year and if we are honest they were horrid talent wise last year and won 7.  I mean I see 3 wins against Jets and Miami, beat NO, beat Houston, beat Chargers, Beat Panthers, beat Falcons,  and beat Jags. I know those should be wins maybe even sweep the Phins and Jets.  I wouldn’t be shocked if they beat  Dallas or Browns.

heck the only teams I expect lose to (aka take a miracle to win)is Tampa and Buffalo. The schedule is much easier this year than last year.

47 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I can maybe see it but those are his expectations.  Yikes.  My expectations for the Bills is only like 11-12 wins (though we do win the division)

You had that many last year with a tougher schedule. Why do you expect the same this year? 

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I am going based off of who we face this year. A much easier schedule than last year and if we are honest they were horrid talent wise last year and won 7.  I mean I see 3 wins against Jets and Miami, beat NO, beat Houston, beat Chargers, Beat Panthers, beat Falcons,  and beat Jags. I know those should be wins maybe even sweep the Phins and Jets.  I wouldn’t be shocked if they beat  Dallas or Browns.

heck the only teams I expect lose to (aka take a miracle to win)is Tampa and Buffalo. The schedule is much easier this year than last year.

You had that many last year with a tougher schedule. Why do you expect the same this year? 

We a few games that couldve easily gone either way; these include Fins #1, Rams, Pats game #1.  The cards game was the unlucky one we shouldve won.  Thats how I get to my floor of 11 games.  I said 11-12 because of the easier schedule as you mention.  Again I EXPECT to win 11-12 games; thats not my prediction. 

I think I see your logic on how you got to your number and can appreciate now how you got there.  I would come up with a different number but thats really a difference in approach i see now.

Edited by YattaOkasan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.