The Patriot QB's suck 🤣🤣

Dablitzkrieg

14 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Pats fans making sense, Bwahahahahaha, okay Casper,   whatever ya gotta tell yourself, 😂

We still win the division in 99 out of 100 scenarios and KC is who we should be talking about.  Its just a thread about Patriots QB's, which I thought had way too much Homerism running wild.  So I added a little reality, now its treason...lol 

meh

1 minute ago, P Riv said:

We still win the division in 99 out of 100 scenarios and KC is who we should be talking about.  Its just a thread about Patriots QB's, which I thought had way too much Homerism running wild.  So I added a little reality, now its treason...lol 

meh

Whatever’s 😂

19 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The bills have one of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL and a good young head coach

You do realize we stuck through the team through dog s*** for 20 years? 

Anything positive is gravy.. after three straight losing seasons, people will just be calling themselves Celtics and sox fans again in Boston

unlike the Bills the Pats have better ownership in place and definitely have a better HC in place to see the transition. The Bills suffered for so long because the team was run poorly from top to bottom! Your see Kraft wants to emulate the way the Steelers do things, which is stability and short windows of rebuild threw it.  Shocked more owners haven’t copycatted their way which has been successful for 50 years.

• Haha (+1) 2

It helps to have an owner that wants to win, but it can hurt too (see Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder).

Its a delicate balance between competent ownership that's invested in pursuing a championship, good front office, good coach and staff and the all important franchise QB.  

Historically speaking its tough to find a SB winner that didn't have that balance.  Buffalo has that balance right now, so until someone else in the Div puts it altogether, the outcome is academic.

49 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

unlike the Bills the Pats have better ownership in place and definitely have a better HC in place to see the transition. The Bills suffered for so long because the team was run poorly from top to bottom! Your see Kraft wants to emulate the way the Steelers do things, which is stability and short windows of rebuild threw it.  Shocked more owners haven’t copycatted their way which has been successful for 50 years.

50 years? Except for that pesky stretch from '71 to '95 where they won the division twice.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

This is about the funniest thing I have read.

Of course Kraft can say that because in a moment of sheer stupid luck - he got his head coach 21 years ago through a fluke.  Then that fluke doubled down and got a QB that was the best ever in the 6th round.  Those 2 things have allowed them to be relevant.

Kraft went through Parcells and Pete Carroll before lucking into Belichick.  Not exactly Pittsburgh material.  He had more HCs at that point than Pittsburgh had in 50 years.

Now how do people really think it goes if once again the Pats end up right around 0.500 and miss the playoffs?  Belichick may come back or may finally retire, but either way without a QB I give the next Head Coach 3-4 years - just like what the Bills, NYJs, and Dolphins did as they could not get over the hump. 

Bill Belichick is a great coach, but he is not succeeding without a QB.  He has never succeeded as a HC without a legitimate QB.  This team has talent at several positions that will help them win games, but the trick to winning all those years was the little things Brady did late in the 2nd quarter and late in the 4th quarter to transform games and without that - you will see more games you could of won become losses.  

I look specifically at games like Buffalo #1, Seattle, and even Denver - 3 games where the Pats were driving late in the game and instead of scoring to win - all 3 times their QB in Newton either was stopped, fumbled or threw an incompletion and cost them the game.  Or Houston where with under 4 minutes to the half - NE gave up 2 TD drives and had to punt on their possession going from the lead to behind by 11 going into the half.  Then NE down by a TD gets stopped again late in the 4th and couldn’t convert.  These things didn’t happen often with Brady.  He found ways to keep drives alive and you darn well knew if it was within 1 score he was getting NE into the Endzone.

As was shown last year - Brady won another SB without Belichick, but Bill was a middling coach without Tom.  Expect more of the same.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bill is gone after the season and nobody is going to want to be in New England

They went because Tom Brady

21 hours ago, P Riv said:

meh

Whatever’s 😂

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Of course Kraft can say that because in a moment of sheer stupid luck - he got his head coach 21 years ago through a fluke.  Then that fluke doubled down and got a QB that was the best ever in the 6th round.  Those 2 things have allowed them to be relevant.

Kraft went through Parcells and Pete Carroll before lucking into Belichick.  Not exactly Pittsburgh material.  He had more HCs at that point than Pittsburgh had in 50 years.

Now how do people really think it goes if once again the Pats end up right around 0.500 and miss the playoffs?  Belichick may come back or may finally retire, but either way without a QB I give the next Head Coach 3-4 years - just like what the Bills, NYJs, and Dolphins did as they could not get over the hump. 

Bill Belichick is a great coach, but he is not succeeding without a QB.  He has never succeeded as a HC without a legitimate QB.  This team has talent at several positions that will help them win games, but the trick to winning all those years was the little things Brady did late in the 2nd quarter and late in the 4th quarter to transform games and without that - you will see more games you could of won become losses.  

I look specifically at games like Buffalo #1, Seattle, and even Denver - 3 games where the Pats were driving late in the game and instead of scoring to win - all 3 times their QB in Newton either was stopped, fumbled or threw an incompletion and cost them the game.  Or Houston where with under 4 minutes to the half - NE gave up 2 TD drives and had to punt on their possession going from the lead to behind by 11 going into the half.  Then NE down by a TD gets stopped again late in the 4th and couldn’t convert.  These things didn’t happen often with Brady.  He found ways to keep drives alive and you darn well knew if it was within 1 score he was getting NE into the Endzone.

As was shown last year - Brady won another SB without Belichick, but Bill was a middling coach without Tom.  Expect more of the same.

How the hell does an owner "luck" into a coach, especially one that wasn't even available or wasn't even looked at as the greatest coach of all time at that time? He actually quit the JETS to be come back to NE and I wouldn't use Pitts too much of a measuring stick as far as coaches, because the Rooney's don't fire coaches,  Tomlin should of been gone a long time ago!

And if you cant not see how BB helped Brady's career as much as Brady's helped his you are blinded , and Tom Brady didn't take the Detroit Lions to a SB, he took a team that was already playoff ready and offensively full of talent, just needed QB not to throw 13 picks game. Nothing against Tom Brady in any way, but this take by people is so lazy and misinformed. I mean after one year, some how the "big question" was answered, Tom Brady was the real reason for the pats success. It's funny though, to read all this Bills fan Bravo off of just one season. Wow! 

I mean what coach HAS been consistently (key word) successful without a legitimate QB? BB has to at least get some credit for giving Brady good defenses year in and year out. I hate the guy as much as anybody here, but the guy is one of the winningest coaches of all time. Look at Dungy and Payton. All world QBs and only one title to show for it. Despite what the media wants you to think, football is a TEAM game. Yes, some positions are more important than others, but the whole organization has to be on the same page. Would Josh Allen of even made it on the Jets?

48 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

How the hell does an owner "luck" into a coach, especially one that wasn't even available or wasn't even looked at as the greatest coach of all time at that time? He actually quit the JETS to be come back to NE and I wouldn't use Pitts too much of a measuring stick as far as coaches, because the Rooney's don't fire coaches,  Tomlin should of been gone a long time ago!

And if you cant not see how BB helped Brady's career as much as Brady's helped his you are blinded , and Tom Brady didn't take the Detroit Lions to a SB, he took a team that was already playoff ready and offensively full of talent, just needed QB not to throw 13 picks game. Nothing against Tom Brady in any way, but this take by people is so lazy and misinformed. I mean after one year, some how the "big question" was answered, Tom Brady was the real reason for the pats success. It's funny though, to read all this Bills fan Bravo off of just one season. Wow! 

You answered how he lucked into the head coach.  He hired a guy that was not available.  How much more luck can you have.

I think Belichick early really helped Brady, but Tom has left and won another Super Bowl - while Belichick was a 0.500 coach with a team that Brady hauled on his back to playoffs the year before.

We will see again, but there is a significantly better chance that Brady gets a second Super Bowl win away from NE than Belichick gets one without Brady.  I think it is clear early on they needed each other, but later in their career - Brady has driven that team and Belichick has tried to compliment what Brady could do and Belichick failed as once Tom was given offensive weapons again - Tom Brady got another Super Bowl MVP.

You answered how he lucked into the head coach.  He hired a guy that was not available.  How much more luck can you have.

I think Belichick early really helped Brady, but Tom has left and won another Super Bowl - while Belichick was a 0.500 coach with a team that Brady hauled on his back to playoffs the year before.

We will see again, but there is a significantly better chance that Brady gets a second Super Bowl win away from NE than Belichick gets one without Brady.  I think it is clear early on they needed each other, but later in their career - Brady has driven that team and Belichick has tried to compliment what Brady could do and Belichick failed as once Tom was given offensive weapons again - Tom Brady got another Super Bowl MVP.

That doesn't speak of luck. Again BB wasn't what you know of him now.  He wasn't a "hot commodity" and he became available to take the patriots job. It wasn't he quit the JETS then the patriots went after him, he quit for the sole purpose of taken the patriots job that was already offered to him previously. His 2nd head coaching job ever mind you.  

Wait...do you understand this is/was year one(going into 2) of a rebuilding period, this ain't year 5 with a sub .500 team. Things like this generally have to run a course first not jump the gun. Again, did Tom Brady take the lions or redskins to the SuperBowl? Someone i guess did know how talented the Bucs really were. They could of won a SB with any of the top ten QBs from last year, they were that stacked on offense and their defensive got hot and was amazing during playoff time. 

Do you even remember Tom Brady's last year with the pats, he couldn't even muster a touchdown in his last playoff game against the titans. The talk after that was is Brady done playing football...ha ha at he "put the patriots on his back" although he was a big factor and very big factor, you clearly wasn't paying attention. you must of forgot his first SB win when he was a game manager, or his last SB win when he didn't record a touchdown, it was the defense that did the work and there are a plenty of playoffs wins that the patriots won despite Brady not playing so well. I would slow your role on the patriot's being all Tom Brady. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

6 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

50 years? Except for that pesky stretch from '71 to '95 where they won the division twice.

Huh? They won 4 SB titles in the 70’s what are you talking about? 

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bill is gone after the season and nobody is going to want to be in New England

They went because Tom Brady

Gone? Based off of what evidence? But if he is gone I suspect Jerod Mayo be the next HC.  Sorry your last line didn’t make sense to me.. 

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Huh? They won 4 SB titles in the 70’s what are you talking about? 

Gone? Based off of what evidence? But if he is gone I suspect Jerod Mayo be the next HC.  Sorry your last line didn’t make sense to me.. 

That players came to New England because of Tom Brady not Bill belichick

All the hometown discounts and player signing there was because Tom Brady.. nobody wants to play with a hard-ass coach like belichick when you're not winning

4 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Long post, first Tuna quit he was not fired he went to the Jets. He also was IMO the reason the Pats lost that SB since he coached so poorly. 

Pete Carroll was hired to soon and wasn’t ready.. 

BB was hired at the right time and no matter what anyone says he had to see something in a 6th round pick to move on from a Franchise QB like Bledsoe.  So yes he gets credit for grooming Brady into who he is today because without BB Brady would have been out of the league in 2 or 3 years without ever really getting a shot. 

also did you HEAR the names you rattled off that Kraft has chosen as HC?  Tuna was hired before he bought the team.  Also it is something he learned as he got older l, when he first got the team he wanted be like Jerry Jones (this the friction with Tuna) after Carroll he realized he needed hire someone do the entire thing and just be a fan who pays the bills. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That players came to New England because of Tom Brady not Bill belichick

All the hometown discounts and player signing there was because Tom Brady.. nobody wants to play with a hard-ass coach like belichick when you're not winning

Lol one year of not winning isn’t a trend.  Also they came to NE to win a championship and that’s the only reason why. It isn’t like we have great weather or attractions here like NY or Miami or LA.. lol

but you were way way wrong on the Steelers of the 70’s.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.