The Patriot QB's suck 🤣🤣

Dablitzkrieg

54 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They are deep in OL probably the deepest group on the team.  I am HOPING by the end of the year I am either shocked at how well Newton has played, or am seeing positive movement from Jones.. I don’t expect to win the East this year it will still be the Bills division.. I am hoping they improve enough be #2 and maybe a wildcard team.  Team still has holes on O, like they don’t have a true #1 receiver, and no real elite WR, I still think Jacoby Meyers is the best of the lot. 

I see they are deep on the OL, but Wynn likely won't last and then there's the number of roster spots to account for.  If they carry 8 OL and one is Wynn, to me thats actually going to be thin.  Wynn can't stay on the field and on a related note neither can Jonnu Smith.  So I see them carrying 4-5 Players between TE and FB in order to maintain their offensive scheme.  They're always heavy on DBs and they have a ton of LB's, and that eats up a lot of roster space.  Depending on injuries I think they can threaten us in their best case scenario.  

My biggest curiosity with them is actually Stidham, who clearly has the best arm in their QB room.  

1 hour ago, P Riv said:

I see they are deep on the OL, but Wynn likely won't last and then there's the number of roster spots to account for.  If they carry 8 OL and one is Wynn, to me thats actually going to be thin.  Wynn can't stay on the field and on a related note neither can Jonnu Smith.  So I see them carrying 4-5 Players between TE and FB in order to maintain their offensive scheme.  They're always heavy on DBs and they have a ton of LB's, and that eats up a lot of roster space.  Depending on injuries I think they can threaten us in their best case scenario.  

My biggest curiosity with them is actually Stidham, who clearly has the best arm in their QB room.  

I see Stidham being traded before the season starts… not for much maybe a 5th rounder.  He has a strong arm but isn’t very accurate it seems, and let’s face it he has next to zero chance of winning the starting role from Jones or Newton. 

I am more concerned about Gilmore and if they resign him and have a good CB for 2 years the. Stuck with him for the rest when he declines. But if they trade him it tells me they are looking to next year and more young players to help.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Just a hunch, but I think Mac Jones is gonna be good...Not so much for the Jets’ QB...

What do you think of Tua? I myself see good and bad last year.. doesn’t help that the Phins were willing trade the farm for Watson.. makes me think they aren’t sure about him.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Just a hunch, but I think Mac Jones is gonna be good...Not so much for the Jets’ QB...

I hope they’re both backups on different teams 2-3 years from now , you can add Tua to that list 

35 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I see Stidham being traded before the season starts… not for much maybe a 5th rounder.  He has a strong arm but isn’t very accurate it seems, and let’s face it he has next to zero chance of winning the starting role from Jones or Newton. 

I am more concerned about Gilmore and if they resign him and have a good CB for 2 years the. Stuck with him for the rest when he declines. But if they trade him it tells me they are looking to next year and more young players to help.

What do you think of Tua? I myself see good and bad last year.. doesn’t help that the Phins were willing trade the farm for Watson.. makes me think they aren’t sure about him.

Tua is such a wildcard to me...in order to be good, I can’t help but think he will  need a west coast style offense, that centers around short to intermediate routes, in order to even have a chance (like Steve Young played in)...and even then, does he have the killer instinct? Is he a leader of men? I have no idea...

I’ll tell ya this though- I don’t like how the coach kept pulling him in close games...those are great learning opportunities...either keep him on the bench for the year, or leave him in, once the the decision has been made to play him imo...

• Like (+1) 1

Yeesh, Cam really lost it these last few years. His mechanics just look so wonky. Seems like a complete 50/50 when he throws it, it’s either gonna be fairly on target or miss by a mile. Even his last year in Carolina he was missing on routine throws. And then Jones looks like the reincarnation of Chad Pennington, just with less accuracy but the same noodle arm. Good. Suffer, New England. Suffaaaahhhhhh!!!

22 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Yeesh, Cam really lost it these last few years. His mechanics just look so wonky. Seems like a complete 50/50 when he throws it, it’s either gonna be fairly on target or miss by a mile. Even his last year in Carolina he was missing on routine throws. And then Jones looks like the reincarnation of Chad Pennington, just with less accuracy but the same noodle arm. Good. Suffer, New England. Suffaaaahhhhhh!!!

Huh? His accuracy is actually BETTER than Pennington and while he doesn’t have a cannon for an arm he is capable making any throw.. His weakness supposedly is the fact he isn’t a running threat. I will laugh if he plays and beats Buffalo in year one.

Cam you are right his arm is shot which is sad he has so much heart! 

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Huh? His accuracy is actually BETTER than Pennington and while he doesn’t have a cannon for an arm he is capable making any throw.. His weakness supposedly is the fact he isn’t a running threat. I will laugh if he plays and beats Buffalo in year one.

He's an Alabama QB, that doesn't bode well for the NFL.  Perhaps he's the one to buck the trend.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

**Nevermind...you were talking about Jones**

I really don't agree that Cam has better accuracy than Pennington.   What makes you think that?

That's the only thing Pennington had because his arm was terribly weak.  He wouldn't have lasted one camp with a weak and inaccurate arm.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

3 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

He's an Alabama QB, that doesn't bode well for the NFL.  Perhaps he's the one to buck the trend.

We won’t know till he plays and bombs or does well.  I am also a firm believer that coaching makes a big difference if a QB is good or bad. IMO the Bills failed at QB for so long because you didn’t have a good HC to work with him.  You get that good HC and Bam you immediately hit on Allen. I don’t think that was luck. :) 

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

**Nevermind...you were talking about Jones**

I really don't agree that Cam has better accuracy than Pennington.   What makes you think that?

That's the only thing Pennington had because his arm was terribly weak.  He wouldn't have lasted one camp with a weak and inaccurate arm.

Pennington had average arm strength till he hurt his shoulder.. after that his arm was noodle arm. Jones has an average arm strength.

As for Cam Newton I don’t believe he was ever been an overly accurate QB even when he was MVP.  He did have a canon arm coming out but the beating he took in Carolina destroyed his career. It was criminal how they never got him a decent o line. 

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

As for Cam Newton I don’t believe he was ever been an overly accurate QB even when he was MVP.  He did have a canon arm coming out but the beating he took in Carolina destroyed his career. It was criminal how they never got him a decent o line. 

To me, Cam is equally at fault for getting hit a lot because he holds onto the ball too long.  Good QB's will still make it work behind bad lines.

Big Ben had Oline issues with Pittsburgh.  Brady had issues as well with injuries and still won.  Cam doesn't help his line.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

To me, Cam is equally at fault for getting hit a lot because he holds onto the ball too long.  Good QB's will still make it work behind bad lines.

Big Ben had Oline issues with Pittsburgh.  Brady had issues as well with injuries and still won.  Cam doesn't help his line.

Look at Big Ben how many years taken off of his career by bad O lines? 

Newton IMO doesn’t seem to read Ds well this he holds the ball longer.

Brady helps his Oline look better because like P Manning he gets rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds usually, hard for anyone get pressure that fast lol.

Hey great football discussion! Enjoy the Bills success for HOWEVER long it lasts, trust me even after 20 years you miss it when it’s gone. Lol (although I don’t have as many annoying bandwagon pats fans anymore. Lol)

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Brady helps his Oline look better because like P Manning he gets rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds usually, hard for anyone get pressure that fast lol.

Hey great football discussion! Enjoy the Bills success for HOWEVER long it lasts, trust me even after 20 years you miss it when it’s gone. Lol (although I don’t have as many annoying bandwagon pats fans anymore. Lol)

Ben holds onto the ball forever and takes a lot of unnecessary hits.  Its my biggest concern with Allen's play as he has the same tendency to extend the play and as a result he takes some big shots.

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yes, Ben's career probably has been shorten but he was still playing at a high level....but was starting to show signs last year he's shot.  

Newton has been bad for the last few years IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes, Ben's career probably has been shorten but he was still playing at a high level....but was starting to show signs last year he's shot.  

Newton has been bad for the last few years IMO.  

Newton was playing great until he hurt his shoulder in Carolina a few years ago. I think it never really healed and his mechanics aren't good enough to overcome his loss of strength.

I've always liked Cam, but last season was pretty apparent that hes not a threat as a passer anymore. Maybe he will get healthier, but I have my doubts.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I'm exact opposite. I think he will have a difficult time. I just don't see it myself. 

Right now it’s all a guessing game. I am high on Jones because he supposedly comes with an extremely high Football IQ and that’s what I am told is needed for the Pats playbook.

As I said before I like Jones chances better just because he isn’t in a dysfunctional organization. But hell I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm with you. I strongly suspect that he isn't going to respond well to pressure at the NFL level. 

See I feel that way about Wilson. He is already being blackballed by fans for being a Trump supporter.  Meanwhile there is zero pressure on Jones as he isn’t right after Brady but after probably 1 1/2 years of  broken down Cam Newton.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

We won’t know till he plays and bombs or does well.  I am also a firm believer that coaching makes a big difference if a QB is good or bad. IMO the Bills failed at QB for so long because you didn’t have a good HC to work with him.  You get that good HC and Bam you immediately hit on Allen. I don’t think that was luck.

Absolutely.  You may or may not know, but the majority of TBD sh** on Allen even before he was even picked and thereafter for awhile.  Rosen was the "chosen one"!  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.