The Patriot QB's suck 🤣🤣

Dablitzkrieg

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Andy Dalton?   Dalton in college or pros  never had a completion percentage even close to what Jones had at Alabama.

Pick someone else then who throws a lot of screen passes?

https://sportsinfosolutionsblog.com/2021/03/15/the-not-so-curious-case-of-mac-jones/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

On Allen I would say there was plenty of evidence even in last years weird offseason that he had managed to change his throwing mechanics.  Content creators were pouring over every rep they could to see it.  I saw whole write ups to videos from his time with Diggs in Florida where there was focus on his "eating the cheeseburger."  So I went into the offseason hopeful that Josh would continue to improve based off previous years and was super excited to see some data to confirm the improvement happened.  These are small data sets and maybe not entirely relevant data sets (a huge lesson from Josh Allen draft grade), but it is some that can be used if youre aware of the first two caveats.

https://www.cover1.net/taming-josh-allens-arm-how-mechanical-tweaks-have-buffalos-qb-primed-for-a-year-3-leap/

Yea my example of Josh Allen was just how everyone outside of buffalo viewed him and it was on a show and prove bases. I understand of course from a fans stand point you would be more invested to looking closer at Josh Allen. But that was how Allen was viewed until he could prove otherwise. so back to my point he didnt start off playing like how he played last season. So I dont get bothered by what is reported either bad or good by any team during mini camps.

Edited by Ghost_002!

15 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yea my example of Josh Allen was just how everyone outside of buffalo viewed him and it was on a show and prove bases. I understand of course from a fans stand point you would be more invested to looking closer at Josh Allen. But that was how Allen was viewed until he could prove otherwise. so back to my point he didnt start off playing like how he played last season. So I dont get bothered by what is reported either bad or good by any team during mini camps.

The only news is about Mini Camp because that is what is happening now.  Maybe just take the summer off and come back when it's time for

you to have newsworthy comments.  In the meantime some of us like to check in on what is happening and discuss.

Personally if I was a Pats* fan I would be "concerned" about the QB position and would want to know how it looks early in the summer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/16/2021 at 4:32 PM, ColoradoBills said:

The only news is about Mini Camp because that is what is happening now.  Maybe just take the summer off and come back when it's time for

you to have newsworthy comments.  In the meantime some of us like to check in on what is happening and discuss.

Personally if I was a Pats* fan I would be "concerned" about the QB position and would want to know how it looks early in the summer.

Yea see the things is. I am gonna post whenever I feel like. So tough if u don't like what I have to say.

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yea see the things is. I am gonna post whenever I feel like. So tough if u don't like what I have to say.

My comment was not spiteful.  I was just saying if you don't think any "news" at this time of year is relevant then why would you need to comment.

You do what you got to do.  Posy away!

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

My comment was not spiteful.  I was just saying if you don't think any "news" at this time of year is relevant then why would you need to comment.

You do what you got to do.  Posy away!

My original post or statement was true. It had nothing to do w commenting on training camps in general 

Then when asked, i said i just don't start jumping to conclusions off of news here in june. I like to wait knowing there is a process for teams n players to get ready.

4 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

My original post or statement was true. It had nothing to do w commenting on training camps in general 

Then when asked, i said i just don't start jumping to conclusions off of news here in june. I like to wait knowing there is a process for teams n players to get ready.

You're a Pats fan on a Bills board, expect random hostility.  

• Agree 3

On 6/16/2021 at 4:32 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Save the Pat’s fans some time.

Yes, Cam’s shoulder is really toast and his throwing motion is now worse than Tim Tebow’s. 

Jones isn’t good enough to take the job to start the season because BB will put his confidence in a vet and his defense. 

• Agree 1

I have seen media headlines suggesting "Cam Newton is back."  I also note that Josh Allen's last practice of mine-camp was pretty bad.  I don't put much weight on any of that, but neither do I put much weight on a 22 second video clip of a Patriots' practice.

3 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I have seen media headlines suggesting "Cam Newton is back."  I also note that Josh Allen's last practice of mine-camp was pretty bad.  I don't put much weight on any of that, but neither do I put much weight on a 22 second video clip of a Patriots' practice.

Weight?… no

Schadenfreude?… why not?

According to this board Newton can't hit the broad side of a barn, but he actually completed almost 66% of his passes last year.  

I know 13-3 is our floor and 7-9 is their ceiling right?  lol, gotta love June.  

12 minutes ago, P Riv said:

According to this board Newton can't hit the broad side of a barn, but he actually completed almost 66% of his passes last year.  

I know 13-3 is our floor and 7-9 is their ceiling right?  lol, gotta love June.  

Well when you only throw 368 passes you can easily have a better completion percentage. 

For comparison Josh threw 572 over the same time for 69%. 

Edited by TBBills

10 hours ago, TBBills said:

Well when you only throw 368 passes you can easily have a better completion percentage. 

For comparison Josh threw 572 over the same time for 69%. 

Granted, Josh is the man, but thats not the point.  Point being that Newton is not as bad as people are saying here and that team isn't going to be the same one we saw last year.  The Homers as usual are all upside for us and all downside for them as they convince each other that we're entitled now.  I'm not buying any of it, we have Allen and Diggs, otherwise they have the better roster overall.  I don't think the team will take them lightly, its just a thing around here with our fanbase.  

We put them down last year which makes this a critical year to see if we can keep them down and gain a psychological edge going forward.  If they split with us I think thats a major lost opportunity.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/14/2021 at 6:13 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Was last year not convincing enough? 

I suppose the thinking was that he would do more rehab and have his throwing motion mapped and improve?

On 6/15/2021 at 2:25 PM, Ghost_002! said:

What in my statements are not true. Is it not Jun, are there not 3 Pats threads up?

I haven't counted (maybe I should get my pruning sheers and Go)

But it's the off-season

We have a thread about our QB's puppy where we're arguing about the meaning behind her name and whether or not her breed exists.

On 6/14/2021 at 6:00 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

You can’t judge anyone off the first few practices.  Cams arm is shot IMO, but Jones looked good most of camp and more importantly shows the fire as he got mad at himself when he screwed up, which all rookies do.. (screw up that is)

I will hold judgement on Jones till at least next year… he has the smarts to play QB and well he will have one of the best O lines protecting him when he finally does start.  They actually built this team to his strengths and not Cam’s.  

but weird you judge QBs based off of work done in shorts.. FYI  Hoyer looked like a God in shorts when he first started.. 

On 6/16/2021 at 3:59 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Weird thing is ALL of the WR played with Jones and Tua have said Jones was better..    ive watched Jones videos now and he has good pocket presence, he makes quick reads, and always seems to make the right decision where to go with the ball.. now will it translate to the pros? No idea, but I like his chances better than say the Jets QB, heck I think he has a better chance than the Chicago rookie just because he is going to a coach that made bad QBs look good. (Jimmy G, etc)

On 6/19/2021 at 9:35 AM, CommonCents said:

Save the Pat’s fans some time.

Yes, Cam’s shoulder is really toast and his throwing motion is now worse than Tim Tebow’s. 

Jones isn’t good enough to take the job to start the season because BB will put his confidence in a vet and his defense. 

Correction— he is NOT wanting Jones to face Brady and have the kid hear the hype all week of  “Brady v Jones” crap. 

You are right he built the D to lead the team and IF Jones wins the competition expect a playbook similar to 2001 Pats. Safe throws, lots of running.. just don’t make mistakes and let the D win games.. will it work? I think they win 10 to 11 games that way… I think the D be that good as long as the O doesn’t screw up 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Correction— he is NOT wanting Jones to face Brady and have the kid hear the hype all week of  “Brady v Jones” crap. 

You are right he built the D to lead the team and IF Jones wins the competition expect a playbook similar to 2001 Pats. Safe throws, lots of running.. just don’t make mistakes and let the D win games.. will it work? I think they win 10 to 11 games that way… I think the D be that good as long as the O doesn’t screw up 

This sounds just about spot on for June.  Injuries will change and dictate the actual narrative, just like it does every year.  I think they will have a top 5 scoring Defense, struggles at QB and injury issues at TE and OL.

1 hour ago, P Riv said:

This sounds just about spot on for June.  Injuries will change and dictate the actual narrative, just like it does every year.  I think they will have a top 5 scoring Defense, struggles at QB and injury issues at TE and OL.

They are deep in OL probably the deepest group on the team.  I am HOPING by the end of the year I am either shocked at how well Newton has played, or am seeing positive movement from Jones.. I don’t expect to win the East this year it will still be the Bills division.. I am hoping they improve enough be #2 and maybe a wildcard team.  Team still has holes on O, like they don’t have a true #1 receiver, and no real elite WR, I still think Jacoby Meyers is the best of the lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.