The Patriot QB's suck 🤣🤣

Dablitzkrieg

5 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Your recent posting history (Since May 10) says that you have only participated in Patriots threads.  So... are you here to talk football or defend Pats in June?

I have been here for maybe over a year, and i have also been in the political  forums discussing current events as well. And talking Pats isn't talking football? 

8 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I have been here for maybe over a year, and i have also been in the political  forums discussing current events as well. And talking Pats isn't talking football? 

Like i said recent posting history.  Seems youre rather defensive about how much we talk about the Pats is all.  Are you not concerned about the QB player this year?  This seems to be by far your weakest position group.

Edited by YattaOkasan

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

Like i said recent posting history.  Seems youre rather defensive about how much we talk about the Pats is all.  Are you not concerned about the QB player this year?  This seems to be by far your weakest position group.

What in my statements are not true. Is it not Jun, are there not 3 Pats threads up? So you guys can comment but I can't? U guys are having "fun" but if i turn around and contribute to the thread i am being "sensitive or defensive"?

I don't want Cam as a QB i have said that before and i wanted fields over Jones also said that, but here in Jun I am not going to stress over what is happening at a mini camp while players are just in helmets and shorts. That's called overreacting, and I 'm not wired that way. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

What in my statements are not true. Is it not Jun, are there not 3 Pats threads up? So you guys can comment but I can't? U guys are having "fun" but if i turn around and contribute to the thread i am being "sensitive or defensive"?

I don't want Cam as a QB i have said that before and i wanted fields over Jones also said that, but here in Jun I am not going to stress over what is happening at a mini camp while players are just in helmets and shorts. That's called overreacting, and I 'm not wired that way. 

It was more the comment itself indicated some level of concern (otherwise let it be and comment on the topic)

Yeah Cam is not gonna be the answer, and I am very happy yall didnt get Fields.  I think you can be worried about your QB position with this being preliminary data to support those fears.  If I see dawson knox dropping balls im gonna be worried.  Star didnt show up and i was worried.  You dont have to be too concerned, but it is early evidence that the concerns are real.

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

It was more the comment itself indicated some level of concern (otherwise let it be and comment on the topic)

Yeah Cam is not gonna be the answer, and I am very happy yall didnt get Fields.  I think you can be worried about your QB position with this being preliminary data to support those fears.  If I see dawson knox dropping balls im gonna be worried.  Star didnt show up and i was worried.  You dont have to be too concerned, but it is early evidence that the concerns are real.

for me again it's June, not thinking Newton will do better than what is already seen. I think he is toasted, but I am not concern because i have no idea what is going to happened. I still believe in the coaching staff and the head coach has proven to squeeze blood from a rock on many occasions. More than others have,  and their roster is better. What is not being talked about is their defense is going to be solid. Something that wasn't last year. I think that will factor in a lot for them. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

14 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

for me again it's June, not thinking Newton will do better than what is already seen. I think he is toasted, but I am not concern because i have no idea what is going to happened. I still believe in the coaching staff and the head coach has proven to squeeze blood from a rock on many occasions. More than others have,  and their roster is better. What is not being talked about is their defense is going to be solid. Something that wasn't last year. I think that will factor in a lot for them. 

In spite of being 7-9 last year and seemingly giving up at the end of the season they still had the #7 scoring defense.  They added a ton of talent and will likely crack the top 5 in scoring defense.

All they need is a game manager.  Can Newton throw deep?  Nope... Can he run, stand tall in the pocket, lead the team?  yes.  

I'm not dismissing them, their going to be a tough out.  

As usual, in a competitive league, injuries will dictate the fortunes of many teams.  I don't expect that dynamic duo of TE's to be available even half the time and WR looks thin for them too.  O line might be an issue too, so it looks like some of the same stuff as last year.  They will be a better version of what they were last year and won't be able to do anything but play a ball control, mistake free type of tight game.  If they get behind early, its over.  2nd tier behind the big boys in the Conf.  

On 6/15/2021 at 7:28 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds like a good one to save for the Excuse Thread

Ever hear of sarcasm?  Everyone pretty much knows the Patriot QBs suck.  Cam proved it over and over last season, and who do they have behind him?  Brian Hoyer?

Edited by Azucho98

15 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

You don't have any concerns on what your team weaknesses will be?  I do think the coin has flipped; yall have some serious Billeive syndrome.  

I agree coaching staff is your best reason for hope and will likely continue to be a strength.  I'm all over on the defense.  Secondary is obviously great but is motivation a concern (starting McCourty over Jackson was sorta immature and Gilmore is already holding out).  I think MLB will be a weakness, but the 5 that play the line look good.  Patricia will help.  Offensively its OL and TE and the rest of the skill positions dont concern me.

Overall game script will be important, and if you fall behind more than a TD that could be trouble.  Youre decently set up to compete with teams that are focused on the pass (both offensively and defensively), but you may have trouble with teams that are strong in rush (both offensively and defensively).  Honestly wouldnt be totally shocked if you beat the Bills but lost to the Jets.  

3 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

You don't have any concerns on what your team weaknesses will be?  I do think the coin has flipped; yall have some serious Billeive syndrome.  

I agree coaching staff is your best reason for hope and will likely continue to be a strength.  I'm all over on the defense.  Secondary is obviously great but is motivation a concern (starting McCourty over Jackson was sorta immature and Gilmore is already holding out).  I think MLB will be a weakness, but the 5 that play the line look good.  Patricia will help.  Offensively its OL and TE and the rest of the skill positions dont concern me.

Overall game script will be important, and if you fall behind more than a TD that could be trouble.  Youre decently set up to compete with teams that are focused on the pass (both offensively and defensively), but you may have trouble with teams that are strong in rush (both offensively and defensively).  Honestly wouldnt be totally shocked if you beat the Bills but lost to the Jets.  

Too earlier to know what the weaknesses could be or will be this season, again we are in June And what do you mean by "Billeive syndrome"? 

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

Too earlier to know what the weaknesses could be or will be this season, again we are in June And what do you mean by "Billeive syndrome"? 

You had this line "I think he is toasted, but I am not concern because i have no idea what is going to happened." That sounded a lot like what Bills fans would say about our teams in the offseason for problems we could/should see coming. 

I don't think its too early to know what weaknesses could be.  Until they play at all we wont necessarily know what the weaknesses will be.  I do think about what are the most likely way teams fail.  For one example with the Bills, I'm worried Star is not gonna play well and Dirty Harry will not take the step this year (2 ACLs blown out now) which results in sub par play from our iDL.  This would affect Ed Oliver and Tremaine's development, and ultimately continue to be a "problem" for the team in run defense.  Star was not at voluntary OTAs so that was some data to suggest that these fears could be realized, but as you said its too early to tell.  Hes in the building now and Harry looks absolutely jacked so I'm less concerned.  Still don't mind thinking about how we could end up not meeting our goals which is pretty obviously making it to the super bowl.  Maybe this again speaks to state of franchises with the Bills fans thinking about this type of stuff, and Pats fans dont need to.      

46 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

You had this line "I think he is toasted, but I am not concern because i have no idea what is going to happened." That sounded a lot like what Bills fans would say about our teams in the offseason for problems we could/should see coming. 

I don't think its too early to know what weaknesses could be.  Until they play at all we wont necessarily know what the weaknesses will be.  I do think about what are the most likely way teams fail.  For one example with the Bills, I'm worried Star is not gonna play well and Dirty Harry will not take the step this year (2 ACLs blown out now) which results in sub par play from our iDL.  This would affect Ed Oliver and Tremaine's development, and ultimately continue to be a "problem" for the team in run defense.  Star was not at voluntary OTAs so that was some data to suggest that these fears could be realized, but as you said its too early to tell.  Hes in the building now and Harry looks absolutely jacked so I'm less concerned.  Still don't mind thinking about how we could end up not meeting our goals which is pretty obviously making it to the super bowl.  Maybe this again speaks to state of franchises with the Bills fans thinking about this type of stuff, and Pats fans dont need to.      

Well that is the difference i guess on how we view things. Everything is NEVER how It's reported and nothing is ever what it's indicated to be once the actual season starts for a number a reasons.

Case and point. Josh Allen for his first season and a half was looked at as a glorified running back with no accuracy. Fast-forward to now, he seems to be much more than that. So what should i had believed, him looking like crap for the beginning his career or we shouldn't start jumping to conclusion at every given moment. I don't "drink the water" so to speak and I have enough data to believe what i believe about the coaching staff they have proven it. If they were able to drum up 7 wins last year with that horrible squad, I am sure they will figure what will work for them for the up and coming season. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

26 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Well that is the difference i guess on how we view things. Everything is NEVER how It's reported and nothing is ever what it's indicated to be once the actually season starts for a number a reasons. case in point. Josh Allen for his first season and a half was looked at as a glorified running back with no accuracy. Fast-forward to now, he seems to be much more than that. So what should of have believed, him looking like crap for the beginning his career we shouldn't start jumping to conclusion at every given moment. I don't "drink the water" so to speak and I have enough data to believe what i believe about the coaching staff they have proven it. If they were able to drum up 7 wins last year with that horrible squad, I am sure they will figure what will work for them for the up and coming season. 

On Allen I would say there was plenty of evidence even in last years weird offseason that he had managed to change his throwing mechanics.  Content creators were pouring over every rep they could to see it.  I saw whole write ups to videos from his time with Diggs in Florida where there was focus on his "eating the cheeseburger."  So I went into the offseason hopeful that Josh would continue to improve based off previous years and was super excited to see some data to confirm the improvement happened.  These are small data sets and maybe not entirely relevant data sets (a huge lesson from Josh Allen draft grade), but it is some that can be used if youre aware of the first two caveats.

https://www.cover1.net/taming-josh-allens-arm-how-mechanical-tweaks-have-buffalos-qb-primed-for-a-year-3-leap/

On 6/14/2021 at 6:14 PM, qwksilver said:

I can't see how Jones doesn't start the year, wasn't he the "most ready" QB in the draft? Newton looks like a shell of himself. He needs to retire or do the Teebow thing and try TE.

I think Mac Jones is the most "interesting" of all the NFL draftees this year.

Is he totally crumble under defensive pressure on he retains his Alabama magic as the world's most accurate passer, i could see either scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think Mac Jones is the most "interesting" of all the NFL draftees this year.

Is he totally crumble under defensive pressure on he retains his Alabama magic as the world's most accurate passer, i could see either scenario.

Jones was accurate but Fields was the more accurate passer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.